Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:02 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Postal worker arrested after 17,000 pieces of mail found 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

It's actually not that uncommon.
CATO Institute did a study in the 90's, USPS loses about 10% of the mail, and are the highest paid class of unskilled workers in the nation (outside of ATF).
Nearly impossible to get fired.

They busted one mailman in NYC who trained his dog to sniff for cash.
He'd bring all of the Christmas cards home, put them on the floor of his apartment, and have the dog find the cash from grandma.

http://fox13now.com/2018/04/19/overwhel ... ail-found/

NEW YORK – A New York City postal worker was arrested after 17,000 pieces of undelivered mail were found in his car, apartment and home, authorities said.

Aleksey Germash, a letter carrier who’s worked for the United States Postal Service for more than 16 years, had undelivered mail from as far back as 2005 in his possession. He told investigators he kept the mail because was overwhelmed by the amount he had to deliver each day. Germash said he made sure to deliver “the important mail.”

Officials found about 10,000 pieces of undelivered mail in his car, approximately 1,000 pieces in his locker at the Dyker Heights, Brooklyn post office where he worked, along with roughly 6,000 additional pieces of undelivered mail in his apartment.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I dont know what postal workers make, but I know for a fact, UPS drivers scale out pushing just a hair under $40/hr to drive around and deliver boxes. I'd bet my small paycheck they are the highest paid unskilled workers.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
I dont know what postal workers make, but I know for a fact, UPS drivers scale out pushing just a hair under $40/hr to drive around and deliver boxes. I'd bet my small paycheck they are the highest paid unskilled workers.

Unskilled you say? Well somehow they skillfully plot out how to keep me sitting home all day waiting for them, then the moment I decide to run a short errand, hit the shower or take dump, they stop by and leave a note that I missed them. That's skill I tell ya!

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah USPS favorite box to steal is the small flat rate Priority Mail.....apparently if there is some density to the box, it's going home with them. Pisses me off.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Yeah USPS favorite box to steal is the small flat rate Priority Mail.....apparently if there is some density to the box, it's going home with them. Pisses me off.

Yes ! And if the sender does not tape ALL the seams.
The box can be easily be popped open, contents dumped and box closed back up.
I missed out on two Colt factory 9mm magazines because the sender did not tape the box.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

survivor wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I missed out on two Colt factory 9mm magazines because the sender did not tape the box.

I missed out on 300+ .224 factory bullets this way. I got an open box delivered saying contents missing!!! :blackcloud1: :blackcloud1: :blackcloud1:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Aleksey Germash, a letter carrier who’s worked for the United States Postal Service for more than 16 years

Russian spy.
I'm sure he met with Putin in 2016
there is your proof of Trump's collusion!

:bonghit:

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:11 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:

I had an 18K/18K Zenith El Primero (watch) stolen by a female US customs agent at the Fed Ex Memphis hub over a weekend.
Then WA DOR called me up and wanted me to pay use tax on it.
I told them that if they got my watch back, I would gladly pay the use tax.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jesus.....wasn't this a Seinfeld episode??

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:55 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
Jesus.....wasn't this a Seinfeld episode??

Newman!

They can't just throw it in a dumpster because a postal inspector can check the cancellation dates and the address, figure out whose route it was from.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:59 am

Caveman Jim wrote:
survivor wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I missed out on 300+ .224 factory bullets this way. I got an open box delivered saying contents missing!!! :blackcloud1: :blackcloud1: :blackcloud1:

They ripped open a padded envelope of mine (was supposed to have a suomi trunnion in it) and stamped it "received empty"

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't forget. We had one bury it in their yard

https://www.inquisitr.com/597658/postal ... ying-mail/

I've had signature required packages reporting I wasn't home to sign for. I was home all day. Made a complaint to the local post master

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:
Don't forget. We had one bury it in their yard

https://www.inquisitr.com/597658/postal ... ying-mail/

I've had signature required packages reporting I wasn't home to sign for. I was home all day. Made a complaint to the local post master

I have a case going right now, it's been rejected 2 times so far. MFRB. ~$400 order. Illinois. Snowed the night before. Guy was home to sign and USPS claims delivered. I already made good to the buyer so he was very helpful, including the fact there were zero tracks to his house on his road, his drive, his porch or mail box. With photos.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:37 am

We've had four USPS delivery people over the last five years. Yes, four.
They were/are all shit. The last two never delivered on Saturday and Mondays delivery
was always twice its normal volume. They must have spent all day Saturday f*cking off somewhere.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]