Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 "Man" 30 yo, Lives in his Parents' Basement... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

os2firefox wrote:
I wouldn't sweat it. Where I grew up, it was customary for children to live with their parents until they were married. Also for parents to live-in with their children when they get old enough and help with the grand kids. Extended family living situations are not as bad as this thread makes them out to be.

Oh, totally. We were great living together. It helped that the house was huge and I had my own kitchen.

And the place we are going to renovate includes a suite over the garage for my mom. She and my wife have a great time together.

jukk0u wrote:
You're going to Indiana?

God No. Wouldn't be caught dead in that state. I'm from Kentucky.

Wed May 23, 2018 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The newsfeed video I saw on this guy after court was hilarious....

He was in the hall talking to the media, saying he was going to appeal, 'because, ya know, people have rights, and I should get 30 days notice, or something...'

What an entitled shithead....they've asked you for years to leave; you've admitted you do no chores, and pay nothing.

30 day notice is if you have a lease, you know, where you've paid money and have some sort of vested interest....

Even stranger, he says the animosity started when he was much younger and fighting for custody of his child....?

WTF?!?

You've never worked, fathered a kid out of wedlock that you don't take care of, but fought for custody; never paid a dime to your folks, and do zero chores?

What a self-entitled loser.

Wed May 23, 2018 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
You're going to Indiana?

God No. Wouldn't be caught dead in that state. I'm from Kentucky.

I'm from Indiana and I approve your post. :wink05:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed May 23, 2018 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I recalled you saying your Mom lived back east (stalker) somewhere, Rocket... then I was watching some business report about Indiana having some kind of incentive program going trying to attract skilled labor. Since they have a pretty low unemployment rate I guess the labor market is tight. Guess I got those two trains of thought crossed.

My gramma was born in Louisville and when I was a yonker I had the opportunity to visit, ONCE. That was a awful long time ago, but as I recall it seemed pretty nice.

In other news (am I allowed to crash my own thread?) I just saw an interview with the CEO of Black Rifle Coffee Company and they are opening a production facility just to the south in Tennessee.

I've entertained a visit down to some of those mid-atlantic/southern states but have always been cautioned about the humidity (I was born in Maryland, so how bad could it be?)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed May 23, 2018 8:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unfortunately Louisville is becoming a bit of a shithole and Lexington is leaning more left every day.

Thu May 24, 2018 7:02 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Every so often I remind my children that we have a place for them at any time if they ever need a place, or just feel like moving back.

Fri May 25, 2018 9:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Every so often I remind my children that we have a place for them at any time if they ever need a place, or just feel like moving back.

What if they were almost 26 and have Never moved out away from Mommy? :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri May 25, 2018 9:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
PMB wrote:

Ahhh... PMB will be dead by then.
:ROFLMAO:

Fri May 25, 2018 9:33 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

usrifle wrote:
PMB wrote:

I expect that I'd feel differently. :cheers2:
I have not much experience with lazy, deadbeat or inconsiderate behavior in my progeny. I'd consider my home the richer for having any of my kids move back in.
Did the boys do things that pissed me off? Sure thing. Regularly.
Now I get a chuckle out of finding the occasional bullet hole where it doesn't belong.
I can't remember the girls ever really pissing me off. The girls did things that hurt my feelings or disappointed more than made me angry.
But that is just talking about the negative things... The good days and good experiences outnumbered the bad days 100's to 1.

AR15L wrote:

I don't feel long-lived. I doubt that I'll see the Balrog reach 16, let alone 26.
I have a passel of grandchildren already. I've packed a lot of living in my relatively short years.

Fri May 25, 2018 9:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
AR15L wrote:

I don't feel long-lived. I doubt that I'll see the Balrog reach 16, let alone 26.
I have a passel of grandchildren already. I've packed a lot of living in my relatively short years.

No way my friend, That Little Balrog will keep you going a loooong time. You won't let her down by leaving early. :cheers2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri May 25, 2018 9:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My house doesn't have a basement. Problem solved.

Nah, seriously, I can't see my boys wanting to move back in after university. Maybe the middle one. The oldest is chafing at the bit to start university, and the youngest pretty much has his life plan, done. Laid out, ready to go, and G-d forbid that it be questioned.

I also can't see myself refusing to shelter my own progeny. So there's that. But yes, this particular case was ridiculous.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Fri May 25, 2018 10:47 pm

One of my best childhood friends still lives in his parents' basement - not joking, he has a basement bedroom set up with a dry bar and everything. He's 36 and has an ME degree, but has not had a single job since he graduated several years ago. He doesn't even leave the house to buy his own groceries, and has his parents buy cigarettes for him. When I visit my dad (he lives across the street) I see his truck sitting parked in the same spot it always is, clearly not having been moved in days.

He just doesn't come out of the house, at all. Does no chores, no yard work, etc. My dad says when he does leave, he sneaks out the back gate to his truck, thinking that nobody sees him.

All he does is play PC games. All I have to do is look at his Steam profile to see how many hours he's sunk into various games. When I log into Steam at night to play for a couple hours, I know he's on but set to invisible, and will ignore me if I message him. Lol.

He has a lot of opinions about how the world works, too, despite obviously not having figured any of it out.

Very worried that he just might kill himself one of these days, but if I bring the topic up of just what the fuck he plans to do, he gets defensive and claims to have some job lined up around the corner. Never happens.

Sat May 26, 2018 4:44 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ That’s really sad.

Maybe his parents need to take him to court.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat May 26, 2018 6:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2