Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:15 pm


Vote NO 1639
NO on 1639 Fundraiser - $16,631
 
$0 YOU RAISED $16,631!!!
Vote NO 1639
Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The attempted deplatforming of Alex Jones 
Author Message
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bonney Lake
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011
Posts: 1275
Unicorn wrote:
I'm going to ask the same question that right wingers asked leftists in the 90s when people like Rush were dominating the AM talk radio shows. Why can't people go get their own pages or forums or create a conservative social media site and do something to make it big?
What is stopping that from happening? Forcing someone to do something on a site they paid for, that they created, that they maintain seems a bit hypocritical.


I think "conservative sites/platforms for concervatives" would equal to preaching to the choir...
The goal is to have a [reasonable] discussion with hope of changing people's mind.
Why do I not watch Clinton News Network? Because they're full of shit, and I came to that conclusion on my own, not because somebody decided to pull the plug on them.

:flag:

_________________
PMB wrote:
It is a logical fallacy to debate who screwed the pooch first- Screwing the pooch is still wrong.

RocketScott wrote:
I think Trump needs to come out with a study showing illegal immigration is a good thing and blow jobs are bad.

It isn’t necessary for us who are trying with the small part of our heart that might be oriented towards the good to allow people that are manipulating us with historical ignorance and philosophical sleight of hand to render us so god damn guilty about what our ancestors may or may not have done so that we allow our shame and our guilt to be used as tools to manipulate us into accepting a future that we do not want to have. ~ Jordan B. Peterson


Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:41 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Sun Jan 6, 2013
Posts: 14359
Real Name: Limbo
Unicorn wrote:
I'm going to ask the same question that right wingers asked leftists in the 90s when people like Rush were dominating the AM talk radio shows. Why can't people go get their own pages or forums or create a conservative social media site and do something to make it big?
What is stopping that from happening? Forcing someone to do something on a site they paid for, that they created, that they maintain seems a bit hypocritical.


I actually agree. BUT watch the WHOLE Gray kitty.

_________________
I'm a breadivore.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Location: Seatac
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011
Posts: 2113
Real Name: Chester
movingviolation wrote:
Unicorn wrote:
I'm going to ask the same question that right wingers asked leftists in the 90s when people like Rush were dominating the AM talk radio shows. Why can't people go get their own pages or forums or create a conservative social media site and do something to make it big?
What is stopping that from happening? Forcing someone to do something on a site they paid for, that they created, that they maintain seems a bit hypocritical.


I think "conservative sites/platforms for concervatives" would equal to preaching to the choir...
The goal is to have a [reasonable] discussion with hope of changing people's mind.
Why do I not watch Clinton News Network? Because they're full of shit, and I came to that conclusion on my own, not because somebody decided to pull the plug on them.

:flag:


Then create a completely free and open social media site for everyone that doesn't limit anyone.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:26 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Auburn, WA
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 10697
Real Name: Rick
Unicorn wrote:
movingviolation wrote:
Unicorn wrote:
I'm going to ask the same question that right wingers asked leftists in the 90s when people like Rush were dominating the AM talk radio shows. Why can't people go get their own pages or forums or create a conservative social media site and do something to make it big?
What is stopping that from happening? Forcing someone to do something on a site they paid for, that they created, that they maintain seems a bit hypocritical.


I think "conservative sites/platforms for concervatives" would equal to preaching to the choir...
The goal is to have a [reasonable] discussion with hope of changing people's mind.
Why do I not watch Clinton News Network? Because they're full of shit, and I came to that conclusion on my own, not because somebody decided to pull the plug on them.

:flag:


Then create a completely free and open social media site for everyone that doesn't limit anyone.

I thought the 1st amendment already did that? :bigsmile:

_________________
Just leave me alone.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
Samuel Adams


Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:29 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: East of Lake Washington
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013
Posts: 1793
Yup. One word, mid-terms.

The left is afraid that the right possessing free speech on the internet and social sites is what got Trump elected.

So they are trying to control all the social media in their favor, to influence the vote...





Selador nailed it. Many on the Left still cannot accept the results of the 2016 election. It is now coming up on 2 years, and the results of their inability to accept reality has plunged them into what we are witnessing today on CNN MSNBC, Dems in Congress, Seattle City Clowncil, et. al.


If you are one on the Left that thinks Trump is actually Satan, you will do anything to change it. After all, laws, mores, societal norms are ok to throw out if you are fighting SATAN, right? And of course, it then follows that if you are fighting Satan, it is ok to fight, in the same way, any one who supports Trump/Satan.

And that is where our nation is now. This fall election season will be over the top, IMO, even worse than we are watching today.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:59 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Index
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 8028
Real Name: Jeff
BTW: why does the title say attempted? Looks to me like they succeeded.

_________________
-Jeff

Image

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

They can have my gun, when they have given up all of theirs.

Personally, I'd like to see cops kill fewer people, and the courts kill more of them.~snozzberries
The big takeaway is that PETA now has more mass shooters than the NRA. ~RocketScott


Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:54 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bonney Lake
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011
Posts: 1275
https://www.newswars.com/infowars-com-site-goes-down-amid-big-tech-censorship/
Quote:
Alex Jones’ flagship website Infowars.com went down for several hours Tuesday, in a suspected DDOS cyber attack targeting critical Infowars infrastructure.


Image

_________________
PMB wrote:
It is a logical fallacy to debate who screwed the pooch first- Screwing the pooch is still wrong.

RocketScott wrote:
I think Trump needs to come out with a study showing illegal immigration is a good thing and blow jobs are bad.

It isn’t necessary for us who are trying with the small part of our heart that might be oriented towards the good to allow people that are manipulating us with historical ignorance and philosophical sleight of hand to render us so god damn guilty about what our ancestors may or may not have done so that we allow our shame and our guilt to be used as tools to manipulate us into accepting a future that we do not want to have. ~ Jordan B. Peterson


Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Kent
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011
Posts: 2020
His membership count was boosted by over 5 million subs on Bitshoot and other platforms.
This is to set an example and to set the norm. "Well if they banned A.J. then they can ban the small guys for sure right...."
This is not a bunch of businesses going after this guy. It has to be directed by something else. What? I don't know.


Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:55 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Sun Jan 6, 2013
Posts: 14359
Real Name: Limbo
cityslicker wrote:
His membership count was boosted by over 5 million subs on Bitshoot and other platforms.
This is to set an example and to set the norm. "Well if they banned A.J. then they can ban the small guys for sure right...."
This is not a bunch of businesses going after this guy. It has to be directed by something else. What? I don't know.


Democrat operatives.

_________________
I'm a breadivore.


Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:02 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Marysville
Joined: Fri Jan 3, 2014
Posts: 2090
Real Name: Paris
Pablo wrote:
cityslicker wrote:
His membership count was boosted by over 5 million subs on Bitshoot and other platforms.
This is to set an example and to set the norm. "Well if they banned A.J. then they can ban the small guys for sure right...."
This is not a bunch of businesses going after this guy. It has to be directed by something else. What? I don't know.


Democrat operatives.


Last name beginning with Clinton, Soros, Reid, Pelosi, ....
More than likely too many outlets are getting to close to the truth.

Been a generally good discussion up to this point.
There are some alternatives but with the power of the big boys it's been very hard for them to gain traction. MeWe is an alternative but even though its been around for a couple of years still doesn't have much action. Also, if you have a well developed list of contacts via Twitter, facebook, etc... to continue to stay in touch you have to get all of them to switch to the alternate. That just isn't going to happen, either easily of likely.

_________________
Paris
You can never be too prepared. Consider the ant thou sluggard.
Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are at my cost to everyone here: https://backupcomputing.dattodrive.com/index.php/s/KuFBobyElJbltAj

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.


Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: kirkland
Joined: Wed May 1, 2013
Posts: 7066
Real Name: jim
Motivated wrote:
Simple solution: Stop using social media.


This may be foisted upon you, willing or not, unless you're willing to consume what's handed to you and not voice your own opinions for fear of economic (or otherwise) retribution.

Twitter's CEO now sees clamping down on dissent as an "enforcement issue". As if he is the arbiter of what is news or free speech... and I guess on HIS twitter that is his prerogative unless some of the arguments above hold water.

But the Twidiot CEO is enforcing suppression of conservative opinions regardless of merit. e.g.:

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/08/ ... n=20180816

_________________
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

"I love Girl Scout Crack!" ~ usrifle

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli


Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:23 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: kirkland
Joined: Wed May 1, 2013
Posts: 7066
Real Name: jim
PragerU experiences a FaceBookm "Shadow Ban" as it sees a reduction of 99.99% of its FB traffic

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/08/ ... n=20180817

_________________
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

"I love Girl Scout Crack!" ~ usrifle

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli


Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:26 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Sun Jan 6, 2013
Posts: 14359
Real Name: Limbo
This is pretty entertaining: https://www.westernjournal.com/mainstre ... -responded

_________________
I'm a breadivore.


Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:35 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bonney Lake
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011
Posts: 1275
cityslicker wrote:
This is to set an example and to set the norm. "Well if they banned A.J. then they can ban the small guys for sure right...."
This is not a bunch of businesses going after this guy. It has to be directed by something else. What? I don't know.

jukk0u wrote:
PragerU experiences a FaceBookm "Shadow Ban" as it sees a reduction of 99.99% of its FB traffic


Conspiracy theorisssss'sss!!! :Admin:

Image

_________________
PMB wrote:
It is a logical fallacy to debate who screwed the pooch first- Screwing the pooch is still wrong.

RocketScott wrote:
I think Trump needs to come out with a study showing illegal immigration is a good thing and blow jobs are bad.

It isn’t necessary for us who are trying with the small part of our heart that might be oriented towards the good to allow people that are manipulating us with historical ignorance and philosophical sleight of hand to render us so god damn guilty about what our ancestors may or may not have done so that we allow our shame and our guilt to be used as tools to manipulate us into accepting a future that we do not want to have. ~ Jordan B. Peterson


Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:53 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bonney Lake
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011
Posts: 1275
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/08/22/report-facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-pours-millions-into-midterm-initiatives/

Quote:
According to Axios, Zuckerberg, along with his wife Priscilla Chan and fellow Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz, “have already poured millions this election cycle into different ballot initiatives that align with their organizations’ focus areas.”

These initiatives include funding affordable housing projects and “reclassifying drug possession crimes from felonies to misdemeanors,” and Axios declared that Zuckerberg’s midterm initiatives “have the potential to be hugely influential for decades.”

Former President Obama’s campaign manager, David Plouffe, who is the current head of policy and advocacy for the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative expressed that they “will take all tools available to break through on some of the big, complex issues that will dictate what the future looks like for so many people.


Quote:
Last year, it was reported that the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative had donated millions of dollars to a program that would give college scholarships to illegal immigrants, and in October, it was revealed that Zuckerberg plans to “influence American politics for generations to come.”

In 2017, Zuckerberg also hired failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign strategist, pollster Joel Benenson.

Zuckerberg’s social network company Facebook employs 36 individuals who worked on former President Obama’s campaign teams and White House administration, and 9 individuals who worked for Hillary Clinton.


what is this "censorship" you speak of? we? biased? no senor, por favor!

hey look - TRUMP is RAYSISS!!! Russia, Russia, Russia!!!

_________________
PMB wrote:
It is a logical fallacy to debate who screwed the pooch first- Screwing the pooch is still wrong.

RocketScott wrote:
I think Trump needs to come out with a study showing illegal immigration is a good thing and blow jobs are bad.

It isn’t necessary for us who are trying with the small part of our heart that might be oriented towards the good to allow people that are manipulating us with historical ignorance and philosophical sleight of hand to render us so god damn guilty about what our ancestors may or may not have done so that we allow our shame and our guilt to be used as tools to manipulate us into accepting a future that we do not want to have. ~ Jordan B. Peterson


Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:37 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1911shooter, BadKarma, ccontrol, dennydp, GeekWithGuns, Google [Bot], Guns4Liberty, James06, OhShoot!, RockHopper, Scott, Stokes, the925life and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.871s | 16 Queries | GZIP : On ]