Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:47 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Kitsap corrections officer shoots himself in the Leg. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Kitsap County corrections officer was hospitalized Wednesday after accidentally shooting himself during gun training in Bremerton.

https://komonews.com/news/local/correct ... n-training

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw that on the news tonight; they kept saying "they don't know how he did it..."

It's called an accident...

It was like they wanted it to be a bigger story than it was....

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
I saw that on the news tonight; they kept saying "they don't know how he did it..."

It's really not an accident, Guns don't just "go off" regardless of the Media spin. It's an ND, the trigger was pulled with the Muzzle pointed at his Body.

That's what happens when you draw or Holster your Weapon with your finger on the Trigger, or otherwise mishandle a Loaded Firearm.

Like the 16 YO "playing" with a Gun who Shot his 14 YO Cousin in Burien, and then Mama telling the Media she needs to let people know "Guns are dangerous"

Yeah Mom, where were you when your 16 YO son was "playing" with a Gun and shot his Cousin killing him? Tell us where the Lad got the Pistol, and how?

https://q13fox.com/2018/08/15/family-sa ... is-cousin/

The Corrections Officer Fucked up, the Burien kid Fucked up, but one paid with his Life because of it. That's not an "accident" in my opinion, that's an ND and stupidity.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was the guns fault,it shot him

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

It's really not an accident, Guns don't just "go off" regardless of the Media spin. It's an ND, the trigger was pulled with the Muzzle pointed at his Body.

That's what happens when you draw or Holster your Weapon with your finger on the Trigger, or otherwise mishandle a Loaded Firearm.

Like the 16 YO "playing" with a Gun who Shot his 14 YO Cousin in Burien, and then Mama telling the Media she needs to let people know "Guns are dangerous"

Yeah Mom, where were you when your 16 YO son was "playing" with a Gun and shot his Cousin killing him? Tell us where the Lad got the Pistol, and how?

https://q13fox.com/2018/08/15/family-sa ... is-cousin/

The Corrections Officer Fucked up, the Burien kid Fucked up, but one paid with his Life because of it. That's not an "accident" in my opinion, that's an ND and stupidity.

Yes...I get all that, no argument from me.

It was a passing comment that didn't convey very well what I meant.

They seemed to be looking for intent, with malice and forethought, and if the choice is between intentional, and accidental, it was an accident.

That's all I meant.

But, like many accidents, this one could have been avoided, with proper gun handling, as you point out.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not jumping on you buddy, it just strikes a chord with me especially with the Libtard Media spin. :wink05:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I'm not jumping on you buddy, it just strikes a chord with me especially with the Libtard Media spin. :wink05:

No problem, I knew that...we're good :thumbsup2:

You made a good point, and made me realize that my brevity led to a lack of clarity.

I was just frustrated that they kept repeating, as if there had to be some malicious reason why this happened, as if stupidity, or an accident wasn't enough....they needed more for their narrative...

Gun folks, of course, know differently...

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
usrifle wrote:

I was just frustrated that they kept repeating, as if there had to be some malicious reason why this happened, as if stupidity, or an accident wasn't enough....they needed more for their narrative...

It just fits their agenda that all guns are Homicidal and dangerous buddy, that's the spin.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems the article got it right for the lay person, not dialed into the uber-technical differences b/t accident and negligent. Possibly unclear at this juncture.

Quote:
...accidentally fired his duty gun and struck himself in the leg. He was taken to a local hospital with stable vital signs and was expected to survive, police said.

So, he didn't mean to, but he shot himself in the leg. Has a boo-boo. Went to ER. Will probably survive.

"Draw" your own conclusions. I wonder if he'll be reprimanded or "fired" otherwise known as "discharged" from the force; but that might be "hammering" the poor guy. But surely "pulled" from the force for some time while he recovers. Hope this didn't "trigger" anyone.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Seems the article got it right for the lay person, not dialed into the uber-technical differences b/t accident and negligent. Possibly unclear at this juncture.

Quote:
...accidentally fired his duty gun and struck himself in the leg. He was taken to a local hospital with stable vital signs and was expected to survive, police said.

So, he didn't mean to, but he shot himself in the leg. Has a boo-boo. Went to ER. Will probably survive.

"Draw" your own conclusions. I wonder if he'll be reprimanded or "fired" otherwise known as "discharged" from the force; but that might be "hammering" the poor guy. But surely "pulled" from the force for some time while he recovers. Hope this didn't "trigger" anyone.

Looks like the resident Counselor has gotten rather Clever. :rofl9:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just glad the loaded gun sitting inches from me never does that.

Last edited by golddigger14s on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:25 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

He was "the only one in the room professional enough to carry a Glock 40"
Professional dipshit.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just to restate the obvious, which media never seems to say (omission), know or care: At least one, maybe all four of the firearm safety rules we all learned at 8 years old, was violated.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonder what kind of holster he was using

Dollars to donuts it was a serpa and he shot himself on the draw

Stupidest holster design ever

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Wonder what kind of holster he was using