Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Teenager troubles 

Out of curiosity, what was in his stash? The paraphernalia you found was obviously for more than weed.... I really don't know what kids are into nowadays.
How hard core?

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Weed and 800mg ibuprofen.
The ibuprofen is weird. Not any possibility of a high there, AFAIK

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
Weed and 800mg ibuprofen.
The ibuprofen is weird. Not any possibility of a high there, AFAIK

Desperation, but it numbs some people. I can feel it in my brain, not pleasant, and have trouble sleeping with Ibuprofen in my system. My daughter loved the stuff.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think he was whining to a family member about one of the random complaints that we never hear till later and they may have given him the Ibuprofen.
Dunno

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just keep giving him the correct message. He needs a big brother type and he needs activities.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oldandcranky1 wrote:
Ibuprofen in those dosages will damage the kidneys pretty quickly FYI

It can. High doses of ibuprofen interfere with renal circulation, especially if the person isn't properly hydrated. It also can lead to stomach bleeding if taken on an empty stomach. Not to get overly complicated but Motrin (like most NSAIDS) can deactivate the cells that make the protective coating that keeps the acid from eroding the stomach. A pill will sit there for a while and that spot can end up getting eroded causing an ulcer. I've seen some pretty good GI bleeds in chronic Motrin users. Higher the dose the greater the risk.

I'm not saying don't take it, just be smart with it. Drink water and take ibuprofen with food or milk.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just a guess, but I don't think this kid gives a shit about his kidneys...

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't want to sound like the bad guy but I still have to ask.
What is the breaking point to where you just say, 'the hell with it'?

Sorry, I don't have any kids so I might be out of line.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:

I don't know.
I set the alarm for the upstairs door and downstairs doors them ran an errand, and the alarm was tripped for the upstairs door while I was gone. I think he Thought he was going to retrieve his stash. So I'm near positive I can't trust anything. My dad is going to come over and keep an eye on shit tomorrow.
Tomorrow he's supposed to go with the treehouse lady to explore alternative schools.
The meeting this afternoon was postponed. No bueno.
Mom may not be willing to continue trying to get him back like this. She's got 4 other kids that she may realize may be damaged by this horseshit.
He apparently pulled some abusive behavior shit with her last time he went down to visit her.

So....I don't know. Some people aren't worth saving. I don't know if he is or not. Don't know how someone snaps out of shit like this.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by mustangfreek on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Might want to read the thread...

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:

Not too crazy of a question. There is a point when a family has to say: "..........you are messing US up, in a very harmful way, members of this family, all of us. You may not come back, unless you abide by the rules............"

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You have definitely been put through the ringer. It is tough when you are trying to do right by someone and they can't see past their own self absorption. Sounds like he is on a self destruct path, and nobody wants a taking of their own life on their conscious. If I'm reading all this correct sounds like things were going fairly good for him, then his bio family was wanting more time with him. With a possible return to home situation on the table, mix that in with some peer issues at school and you have a rollercoaster of emotions. Kids don't know how to react to these moments as they are a mix of emotion and it becomes real easy to self destruct those moments. Perhaps let everyone else down before you get let down, or it is a major attention grab. Negative attention is better than no attention, and often times some kids like the drama as they feel like they have a life that matters.

It is tough because there is no easy answer of what will work for this individual. Is this kid needing the crap scared out of him, view from prison, or perhaps a visit to the scene of a suicide, or even a trip to the morgue? Or does this kid just need more love with some one-on-one attention doing some away from home activities? Thinking outside the box, maybe a little pot smoking session with conversation, might build up some weird sort of trust and get him to talk about what is going on so you can get some conversation going?

I gotta say reading the thread you have really been giving this your all, and I know he hasn't seen all the effort you have put in on his behalf. FWIW that's all that you can do. Doing foster work can be a thankless job, keep fighting the good fight.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I'm not smoking weed with him. Not happening. I don't smoke weed or anything else.
I made it very clear at the beginning there was to be none of that shit in my house.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next