Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 999, 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I found this outfit today. Figured I’d share, unless I’m the last one to know...

Very reasonably priced Customizable Oak Aging Barrels 1L 2L 3L 5L 10L 20L sizes $48.97 - $168.97

https://freedomoakbarrels.com/

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
My wife gave me a new Samsung S10 for our anniversary. I've needed a new phone for a while now, and it's not something I would have bought for myself, so I'm stoked!

go take some pictures. it has an amazing camera.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Fjordforder wrote:
New wiper blades and a fixed headlight.

I can relate... I didn't know how bad my blades were until I replaced them.... damn it makes a huge difference.

Rain x... who needs wipers?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:17 am

Got my $200 set of Wrangler AT Adventurer Kevlars mounted on the truck on friday :thumbsup2:
Attachment:
20190420_161955 (Medium).jpg

Attachment:
20190420_162048 (Medium).jpg

Pretty happy with them so far after putting ~ 20 miles on them! Its amazing what having lugs again feels like - this is only the second set of tires I've put on the truck in 16 years. I felt bad dropping from a 75 series to a 70 (32">31") but for the price, I think I can live with it.... it still looks fine and balanced. In reality, the fresh 31s are slightly bigger than the worn 32s. I feel like I turned in a couple of man chips for not going with an aggressive AT like a BFG or a Cooper AT3, but I just don't go out in the thick stuff that much anymore and I hate just burning up expensive rubber on the road. I would classify these as a 'mild AT' or an 'aggressive HT' tire - a little bit more aggressive than a Michelin ATX -- should be more than fine for what I do with the truck.

I don't think I ever would have bought these new -- never really considered goodyears as a value choice -- and if I were paying full price, I would have opted for their UltraTerrains instead, just for the 'cool aggressive' factor, or the DuraTracs --- they look pretty cool too. But at the price I got these tires, I'm willing to give them a lot of latitude and a chance to impress me. I figure that if I find I just can't live with them after 10-20k miles, I can pull them and still get the $200 I paid for them.

I'm amazed I was able to get a set of GOOD tires for the truck for less than what it cost to put tires on the car -- and I got a screaming deal on those -- Cooper RS3As for $65 each. God how I like stumbling into a good deal!!! Timing is everything.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Met & chatted with RENCORP today.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
mash man wrote:
I beat type 2 diabetes.

Spoiler: show
Attachment:
IMG_20180926_074952.jpg

Thank you. 2 less pills I have to take a day :thumbsup2:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Got my $200 set of Wrangler AT Adventurer Kevlars mounted on the truck on friday :thumbsup2:
Attachment:

Attachment:

Where is the "truck"? :peep:

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
Attachment:

Attachment:

Where is the "truck"? :peep:

Right? :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:49 am

Yeah,yeah... its an 'urban' truck.... smart asses. She'll go more places than most of the pickups out there and still ride like a pillow couch on the way back.... Body on frame and low range counts as a truck -- uni-bodies are wannabes.
Why buy a truck only to put a topper on it? The 4Runner is just so much more practical.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Why buy a truck only to put a topper on it? The 4Runner is just so much more practical.

This guy gets it. For me it`s the Tactical Honda. Known in Polite company as The Warthog.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:09 am

Those old Izuzus were pretty tuff... along with Troopers of the era.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know mine`s been through hell in the 7 months I`ve owned this one. :ROFLMAO:

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fjordforder wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:

This guy gets it. For me it`s the Tactical Honda. Known in Polite company as The Warthog.

Gets it???

That is NOT a truck.

Neither of those are trucks.

You want to call it a truck, come to our local gravel yard, and let them dump a couple yards of 2" plus gravel into the back...

In one way, I'll agree. If you are going to buy a truck, only to put a topper on it and treat if like a car... Then buy the SUV you guys have opted for, instead.

But it makes no more sense to buy an SUV and call it a truck, than it does to buy a truck and treat it like an SUV.

Back in the old days we called people who did things like that... All hat and no cow...

By the way, love those passports and troopers. But I have never called any of mine... Trucks.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Last edited by Selador on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's not this pretty anymore. I went a little off-road and spent $4 at the self serve car wash on just the front end. Not done getting the muck out.
I'm not one of those people with 4WD that never goes off-road.
That flat panel in the front is actually bent now.
But hey breaking stuff can make your day. It means you were doing stuff you like and not afraid to go for the gusto.
:thumbsup2:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:47 am

Selador wrote:
That is NOT a truck.

Neither of those are trucks.

You want to call it a truck, come to our local gravel yard, and let them dump a couple yards of 2" plus gravel into the back...

Thats what trailers are for.... :bigsmile:

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 23255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 999, 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005 ... 1551  Next