Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Any suggestions for a gun safe? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking for a gun safe and was going to the normal Sportco and Cabelas route, but wanted to check if there's any other suggestions out there.

I've had Liberty and American Security in the past, but willing to try other brands.

+82 positive feedback on SGN

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:27 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Skip all those places and just go to NW Safe.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don’t know if anyone else here has used them, or if they’ll get mentioned, but my experience with NW Safe was phenomenal.

:thumbsup2:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A trifecta for NW SAFE, rest assured that they will take care of you. :wink05:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another for NW safe

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sturdy safe
https://www.sturdysafe.com

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

The thread could have ended here...

Not only will they sell you a quality safe to meet whatever your budget is, they’ll deliver and install it. The big box stores will only drop it off at your curb or maybe you can talk the driver into dragging it into your garage, if it’s not too much hassle for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i bought a dakota safe from NW safe. those guys are the only ones i'd recommend after shopping for over a year.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mr. Q wrote:
i bought a dakota safe from NW safe. those guys are the only ones i'd recommend after shopping for over a year.

I got their house brand safe (NW Safe Armor series), which is made by Dakota. Super happy with it.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

This, and in some cases, you can negotiate.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Been to NW safe, they are good, however it will cost you and arm and leg, specially if have them deliver and install.

Try TSC, The Tractor Supply Company for a 24 gun safe 385lbs, Winchester brand, you pick up $499.99.

"Prohibition... goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man’s appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes... A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

Abraham Lincoln 8 Dec 1840

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:30 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Brokenvet wrote:
Been to NW safe, they are good, however it will cost you and arm and leg, specially if have them deliver and install.

Try TSC, The Tractor Supply Company for a 24 gun safe 385lbs, Winchester brand, you pick up $499.99.

You get what you pay for.
Those Winchester safes are cheaply made.

NWS, in the past, had one of them displayed at the gunshows that was "ripped" open like a tin can.
If you had seen it, you would most likely never buy one....Just saying

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brokenvet wrote:

I actually started a minor rant thread on TOS back when I did my safe shopping. I was a bit irritated at the ‘setup’ fee that they tacked on. Not realizing that one of the salesmen was an active members on TOS (here too, I believe.) He promptly and publicly addressed my concerns. The ‘setup’ fee actually helps insure the longevity of your safe, helps with claims (i.e. fire or attempted theft damage gets you a free replacement) from Liberty anyway. It also gives you a local, brick and mortar location with English speaking employees should you have any questions or problems.

The delivery fee was also explained, and turned out to be worth every penny. They are extremely professional and conscientious of your property. They have padding that goes on every door jamb they cross as well as a nifty setup for moving across floors without leaving a mark.

I literally stood there and drank a cup of coffee while pointing to the location I wanted the safe. Safes are not generally shipped from the factory ‘Turn Key’ . When they were done, the tech that did the final setup, which included an inspection of the fire seal (which is covered with a plastic sheath that many people don’t even notice) and can be damaged in shipping, thorough examination and final adjustment of the locking mechanism and giving it a good lubrication coating (also generally shipped ‘Dry’ from the factory) stayed and walked me through the workings of the mechanical dial and made sure I was able to open it several times before leaving.

All for under a couple hundred bucks? The peace of mind alone was worth every penny.

Last edited by Chains on Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chains wrote:
Brokenvet wrote:

I actually started a minor rant thread on TOS back when I did my safe shopping. I was a bit irritated at the ‘setup’ fee that they tacked on. Not realizing that one of the salesmen was an active member. He promptly and publicly addressed my concerns. The ‘setup’ fee actually helps insure the longevity of your safe, helps with claims (i.e. fire or attempted theft damage gets you a free replacement) from Liberty anyway. It also gives you a local, brick and mortar location with English speaking employees should you have any questions or problems.

The delivery fee was also explained, and turned out to be worth every penny. They are extremely professional and conscientious of your property. They have padding that goes on every door jamb they cross as well as a nifty setup for moving across floors without leaving a mark.

I literally stood there and drank a cup of coffee while pointing to the location I wanted the safe. Safes are not generally shipped from the factory ‘Turn Key’ . When they were done, the tech that did the final setup, which included an inspection of the fire seal (which is covered with a plastic sheath that many people don’t even notice) and can be damaged in shipping, thorough examination and final adjustment of the locking mechanism and giving it a good lubrication coating (also generally shipped ‘Dry’ from the factory) stayed and walked me through the workings of the mechanical dial and made sure I was able to open it several times before leaving.

All for under a couple hundred bucks? The peace of mind alone was worth every penny.

definitely agreed. my safe was safely and securely delivered to my second floor with no muss, no fuss. they did everything and gave me a ton of peace of mind during the install. well worth a couple hundred bucks and saving my back!

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brokenvet wrote:

Yeah but then you’re getting a thin Winchester safe. Very low quality and easy to break into.

NW Safe charged me about $250 for delivery and install in my garage. Moving to my new house, they moved the safe and it was about the same price.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next