Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Sunbird in Yelm sells guns, but they won't support 2A RTKBA 

I was at Sunbird in Yelm and asked to drop off some voter registration forms at the gun counter as the I-1639 was taking effect in a month. The manager said no because they dont involve themselves in controversial politics. I replied that selling guns and ammunition already did that. I also said that he is undercutting his gun/ammo sales by not supporting their customers right to buy those items. The manager asked me to leave, which I did.
When outside I got into a conversation with a fellow about what just happened, the store manager came outside and told me to leave the property.

That they dont support the right to buy guns and ammo, they really should get out of the business of selling guns and ammo. Make it happen, boycott Sunbird in Yelm.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 25, 2019 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to Waguns. :wagwoot:
That is an interesting first post and i can appreciate your position on the issue. :thumbsup2: I suspect they are more concerned with selling hardware and such than Guns and will fold the Firearms part of the business at the first sign of controversy.
Too bad they won't support the 2A, that makes them hypocrites in my opinion.

Either way, Welcome again to the Forum.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat May 25, 2019 5:10 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Could always leave a review
https://www.sunbirdshoppingcenter.com/reviews

Sat May 25, 2019 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Online reviews are subject to brigading and will be removed/disregarded. It might be a better idea for multiple different people to contact management and ask if this is their policy, and if so, make it clear that you will not give them your business. I would do this, but I am nowhere near Yelm and wouldn’t give them business anyway.

Sat May 25, 2019 7:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you see what they try to sell guns for you would instantly know they don't give 2 shits about the 2A. I only look and laugh when I walk by the counter. I don't need to go back.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sat May 25, 2019 7:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess we could run them out of bizz so I can go get all my work wear at Walmart or the mall.

Its been hard watching this mom n pop bizz dwindle over the years because of the big stores giving them the pinch.

They are not a gun shop and are trying to hold on to the last bit of bizz they can in a small town thats being invaded by box stores. They are a department/hardware store. The gun section is leftover from years ago. They have high gun pricesand cant compete in the firearms race. I doubt the gun counter will last long.

I shopped there today. This is my neighborhood. I know several people that work there. They know my boot size and my favorite logging pants.

If you decide not to go there, I dont think they will miss you.

I enjoyed the delicious free popcorn while I shopped to.

Sat May 25, 2019 9:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sixgun_Symphony wrote:
I was at Sunbird in Yelm and asked to drop off some voter registration forms at the gun counter as the I-1639 was taking effect in a month. The manager said no because they dont involve themselves in controversial politics. I replied that selling guns and ammunition already did that. I also said that he is undercutting his gun/ammo sales by not supporting their customers right to buy those items. The manager asked me to leave, which I did.
When outside I got into a conversation with a fellow about what just happened, the store manager came outside and told me to leave the property.

That they dont support the right to buy guns and ammo, they really should get out of the business of selling guns and ammo. Make it happen, boycott Sunbird in Yelm.

I suggest you take your crusade to the Yelm/Mckenna Walmart and see how things go. :popcorn:

Sat May 25, 2019 9:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah.... No.
I stop there every time I go into Yelm and will continue to do so.
I look at the shooting stuff every time, but haven't bought any firearms yet. Maybe I will if they have something I "need",
But for damn sure tho, I'll get my fishing, gardening, boots and other stuff before I would at Wally worlds or Cabela's...
Can't blame a small town Hardware store for not wanting to get involved in a political shit-storm...

Sun May 26, 2019 6:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I'm not goin' 15-20 miles to buy work boots, and I'm not buying them on the 'net. Sunbird ain't perfect but it's a local option. Better than no choice.

Sun May 26, 2019 11:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are sme great lessons in this thread...

Sun May 26, 2019 11:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

Right? I try not to compromise my principles to save a few bucks or cause myself some inconvenience personally. Sounds like Boots and Gloves take precedence though.

You sell Guns? Stand up for the 2A or you are a hypocrite. That's my take on that.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun May 26, 2019 11:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

Right? I try not to compromise my principles to save a few bucks or cause myself some inconvenience personally. Sounds like Boots and Gloves take precedence though.

You sell Guns? Stand up for the 2A or you are a hypocrite. That's my take on that.

Just for clarity: You prefer we shop at Walmart?

Mon May 27, 2019 7:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I shop at Sunbirds for everything except guns and ammo.....I can get it cheaper somewhere else.....I also OC at Sunbirds with no trouble's

Mon May 27, 2019 7:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been thinking about this personally. Are gun industry compromisers worse than companies that simply aren't in the gun industry? In my book, they are, no amount of "pro-gun" stuff, can make up for advocating for removing people's rights. A grey area right now is whether or not trainers profiting from 1639 training are part of the problem. I'm glad to see Sporting Systems looking to offer free online training. All trainers not immediately deferring to sporting systems free training is not looking out for their customers best interests.

However, nobody has a duty to do anything. Nobody has to overtly espouse the political defense of the RTKABA. So I'm in the ignore camp on this one. Selling, promoting or making guns is the most pro-gun thing you can do generally speaking shy of taking overt political stance. Likewise, think Benchmade, I don't care how much 2A you say you defend if I catch you destroying guns, you're done.

Mon May 27, 2019 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:
I've been thinking about this personally. Are gun industry compromisers worse than companies that simply aren't in the gun industry? In my book, they are, no amount of "pro-gun" stuff, can make up for advocating for removing people's rights. A grey area right now is whether or not trainers profiting from 1639 training are part of the problem. I'm glad to see Sporting Systems looking to offer free online training. All trainers not immediately deferring to sporting systems free training is not looking out for their customers best interests.

However, nobody has a duty to do anything. Nobody has to overtly espouse the political defense of the RTKABA. So I'm in the ignore camp on this one. Selling, promoting or making guns is the most pro-gun thing you can do generally speaking shy of taking overt political stance. Likewise, think Benchmade, I don't care how much 2A you say you defend if I catch you destroying guns, you're done.

So, if I'm reading you right, you feel that selling guns is more "support" than not selling guns.

Hm, interesting.

[sarc]
But wouldn't selling guns *boisterously*, and loudly proclaiming political position be better than just quietly supplying tools of freedom to the locals?
If you won't go boisterous and political, then how will the lib'ral locals know who to attack and shut down?!?!??!
[/sarc]
eta: yeah, this is yelm, how many conservatives you think we have?

Still don't get it?
"The nail that stands up, gets hammered down".

All you critics, please, do what you must to suppress such egregious violations of your rights.
"Gasp! icon_eek They sold guns without incurring the wrath of the PTA, the TRL, Ramtha, and the South Puget Sound Antique Car nuts"!!! What ever shall we do!?!?!! :reaction:

Still gonna buy my boots in Thurston Co. - not Pierce.

Have a nice day! :wavey:

Mon May 27, 2019 6:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next