Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 "Dont tread on me" is considered offensive 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have this on my hat.
Today I walked into a store and a couple of the century old VFW guys were at the door with the poppy's.
One of them comes up to me and says he likes my hat. "Thanks".
Then asks if I was a vet. "Yep".
He says, 'I thought so'... asks me what branch, etc.

Sat May 25, 2019 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LC-

You really need to start reading the threads before you spout off.

How many does this make this week where you've done this?

Sat May 25, 2019 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Selador wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Selador wrote:
So just stop reacting to the fake outrage.

And encourage everyone you know to do the same, and to encourage everyone THEY know, to do the same.

Wait, who reacted to the fake outrage?

Oh yeah, the Park ranger. As a Camp host Brian doesn't have that option.

That's where the "encourage everyone you know" part comes into play. :bigsmile:

Bastard, i was editing when you quoted. :ROFLMAO:

And I was editing when you quoted. One step up... :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat May 25, 2019 8:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
LC-

How so? How am I "spouting off??"

And exactly 1.

Sat May 25, 2019 8:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Long story short, we (campground hosts) flying the MT flag and Dont tread on me flag beneath it had a phone complaint about the DTOM flag. We took it down since we were told to by Park Ranger ( our boss)

I thought about replacing with my Trump 2020 flag but I chose not to be confrontational.

What law/regulation was quoted? I ask to understand, not to stir shit.

Sat May 25, 2019 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
LC-

And exactly 1.

LC, he (Brian) "works" for the park ranger/service. See a problem with your suggestion in that context?

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sat May 25, 2019 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: South Puget Sound (sounds more hoity toity than Puyallup)
Fly a "rainbow" flag. Have a friend call the park ranger and complain, and see if he tells you to take it down.

Sat May 25, 2019 8:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
LC-

And exactly 1.

Just last night, or the night before, usrifle had to point out everything you said was said or answered on that exact page that you were posting on.

Earlier this week, you had several "I haven't read the thread..."

You expect others to read your posts, but don't read theirs, even if it's their thread. You read the title...then spout off...spouting off without being informed of the actual situation beng addressed.

In this case, you jump on a great member about how he shouldn't put it up if he won't stand behind it, when it's not even on his property, but a public park he's a steward of.

Last edited by NWGunner on Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 25, 2019 9:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
LC-

And exactly 1.

LC, he (Brian) "works" for the park ranger/service. See a problem with your suggestion in that context?

Oh, that was not clear to me. I did not connect the dots that the OP (Brian) works at a camp ground ("campground host") nor that his "boss" works for the campground. How would I have really known this and these esoteric terms? That's not me failing to read the thread, it's a failure to communicate. I thought the OP moved to Montana to retire. I had no way of knowning he works at a campground and it was the campground flag pole.

My interpretation is that he's rented a space and has some RV or something, hosting others perhaps, and having his flag up. Camping for the weekend or traveling to MT, and another camper complained.

Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
LC-

And exactly 1.

Just last night, or the night before, usrifle had to point out everything you said was said or answered on that exact page that you were posting on.

Earlier this week, you had several "I haven't read the thread..."

You expect others to read your posts, but don't read theirs, even if it's their thread. You read the title...then spout off...spouting off without being informed of the actual situation beng addressed.

In this case, you jump on a great member about how he shouldn't put it up if he won't stand behind it, when it's not even on his property, but a public park he's a steward of.

Seems almost EVERYONE in this thread was equally confused and offered similar "tough shit" advice or needed clarification. So why be a **** and single me out??

Seems a better tact would just for YOU to have simply clarified with your special knowledge that Brian works for the Park and it was the Park flagpole that was flying the flag and drew a complaint...

Really not interested in arguing with you and am reminded why you are on ignore and I almost never read your posts.

As to your other OFF TOPIC nonsense, here's the two you're citing:

Quote:
Re: Crap. My Carcano Exploded!
I stopped reading around page 3, so forgive me.

If the OP is looking for a payout or settlement, I'd get something in writing from Graffs before sending rifle and ammo. Would be FOOLISH to send the EVIDENCE to the possible DEFENDANT in a civil dispute...

Talk to a lawyer who may be able to help navigate this and negotiate some fair terms.

Out of curiosity to see the sage advice that nullified my comments, there was none. He was going to send in the rifle and ammo, and I suggested a different tact. So your point is stupid.

I didn't address USRifle's comment but it was a fair point. Wow, ya got me. One time I didn't read a thread. What is my penance?

Good grief ... :facepalm2:

Sat May 25, 2019 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sat May 25, 2019 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think you two should hug it out. We are all on the same side here, maybe a Backyard Cornhole game could decide the victor? I volunteer my backyard and Cornhole set. Wifey got me a US Flag set so we can can all feel good about it when it's over with.
On the Plus side i will feed you BBQ..... though NW is a certified BBQ Judge and that is a bit intimidating when you are a backyard BBQ guy and don't want to be crushed by a Judge.
Ok, now its a three way hug. :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat May 25, 2019 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nate wrote:
Fly a "rainbow" flag. Have a friend call the park ranger and complain, and see if he tells you to take it down.

PERFECT!

And then if he doesn't take it down, ask why one person being outraged trumps another person being outraged.

Are some more equal than others? Would HIS bosses think so? Go up the boss chain to the ultimate Trump, if you have to... :wink05:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat May 25, 2019 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I think you two should hug it out. We are all on the same side here, maybe a Backyard Cornhole game could decide the victor? I volunteer my backyard and Cornhole set. Wifey got me a US Flag set so we can can all feel good about it when it's over with.
On the Plus side i will feed you BBQ..... though NW is a certified BBQ Judge and that is a bit intimidating when you are a backyard BBQ guy and don't want to be crushed by a Judge.

Actually, backyard 'cue is often better than Competition 'cue.

They often mute the flavors to appeal to as many palates as possible, and there are always newbies...you eat a good bit of bad 'cue as a judge icon_eek

The top folks are always good, though you don't always get their stuff at your table.

Backyarders paid good money, are going to eat it themselves, and have spouses to satisfy....usually it's good stuff.

I'll pass on this particular offer, however. Thanks.

Sat May 25, 2019 10:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Actually, backyard 'cue is often better than Competition 'cue.

They often mute the flavors to appeal to as many palates as possible, and there are always newbies...you eat a good bit of bad 'cue as a judge icon_eek

The top folks are always good, though you don't always get their stuff at your table.

Backyarders paid good money, are going to eat it themselves, and have spouses to satisfy....usually it's good stuff.

I'll pass on this particular offer, however. Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that, I have wanted to Cornhole you for some time now. :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat May 25, 2019 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next