Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Nevada bans employers from weeding out smokers 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Employers loose more revenue from Internet, Cel Phone and Cigarettes than anything anyone does on their time off.

Well

Except for Dwarf Tossing, If you're the Dwarf.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Employers loose more revenue from Internet, Cel Phone and Cigarettes than anything anyone does on their time off.

Well

Except for Dwarf Tossing, If you're the Dwarf.

Thank you for not offending me by calling dwarfs "midgets" :ROFLMAO:

Divided we fall.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everything that has been taught about the evils of weed have turned out being a bunch of bullshit. Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol and opioids. Marijuana will become an excellent cash crop. It makes perfect economic sense to legalize it. It'll also be a great time when the movement to legalize psilocybin mushrooms gains momentum.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in favor of allowing people to use THC to ease pain. I'm luke warm on the recreational stuff.

This is a complex issue of competing rights. I'm in favor of liberty, generally. However, your "liberty" ends where mine begins.

Here's how this plays out in reality.
* THC users at a concert to get high so they can enjoy their lives better - fine. Blowing their skunkweed in my direction which literally RUINS my experience - not cool. And this is all-too-common among the selfish self-centered pot users in this state. Ruins every outdoor event I attend, interfering directly with MY liberty to enjoy the outdoors and events. You wouldn't tolerate other interference (obscene noises or images) so why smells?

* Increased vehicle accidents and the implications. Many studies show that states that legalized weed have soaring car accidents related to drugged and drunk driving.

* Poverty, homelessness, and socio-economic issue explosion. WA and CO and other legal states have seen ramped up issues.

* Drugs, particularly dependency, impact decision making and brain function. I've known a lot of pot smokers and they tend to be failures at life and don't tend to be high performers or very responsible. I would not hire a drug user or alcoholic.

All of the above translates into the fact that, all things equal, I don't want a pot smoker as my doctor, lawyer, accountant, pilot, nurse, police officer, soldier, baby sitter, parent, role model, mechanic, or anyone with any level of real responsibility. Period. There's more to smoking pot than just smoking pot. There's life choices, responsibility, etc. I wouldn't want a coke head, or alcoholic, or someone with similar qualities going those jobs either.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
How do they sort out all the aerospace companies where it’s an FAA regulation? You can’t touch aircraft parts if you are on weed. Hell on some jobs where I work you are randomly selected for breathalyzer due to the regs.

Incorrect.

Unless they recently changed the law, Mandatory Drug testing is only if the company has more than 49 employees (50 or above...)

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Most aerospace companies have more than 50 people. And the 8 hours from bottle to throttle rule still applies. I’m hip, if you want to smoke weed I won’t get in your way, but if you’re stoned or drunk I don’t want you anywhere near heavy machinery or making parts that go on a plane. Random drug tests are to make sure people don’t get too out of control. And what about airline pilots? Bad enough you catch the odd one barely able to stand trying to fly, how are they going to be able to tell if they just smoked a bowl before leaving their hotel room to fly 300 people home?

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was replying to your "you can't touch airline parts..."

Now, you say "most companies..."...okay... Moving target...

How about this, one of my best friends is a machinist with Boeing, and probably smokes more pot than Snoop Dogg....the guy he gets it from, also is a machinist at Boeing...

I'm not arguing about weed, I'm just saying your statement isn't accurate.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speaking from my own experience, from my much younger years....
I'd smoke a bowl with a buddy, get a silly grin on my face, clean out the fridge then go to sleep. That was with some average pot from Hawaii. I'm thinking with these exotic strands that are there now, I'd probably just go to sleep.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:39 am

leadcounsel wrote:
I'm in favor of allowing people to use THC to ease pain. I'm luke warm on the recreational stuff.

This is a complex issue of competing rights. I'm in favor of liberty, generally. However, your "liberty" ends where mine begins.

Here's how this plays out in reality.
* THC users at a concert to get high so they can enjoy their lives better - fine. Blowing their skunkweed in my direction which literally RUINS my experience - not cool. And this is all-too-common among the selfish self-centered pot users in this state. Ruins every outdoor event I attend, interfering directly with MY liberty to enjoy the outdoors and events. You wouldn't tolerate other interference (obscene noises or images) so why smells?

* Increased vehicle accidents and the implications. Many studies show that states that legalized weed have soaring car accidents related to drugged and drunk driving.

* Poverty, homelessness, and socio-economic issue explosion. WA and CO and other legal states have seen ramped up issues.

* Drugs, particularly dependency, impact decision making and brain function. I've known a lot of pot smokers and they tend to be failures at life and don't tend to be high performers or very responsible. I would not hire a drug user or alcoholic.

All of the above translates into the fact that, all things equal, I don't want a pot smoker as my doctor, lawyer, accountant, pilot, nurse, police officer, soldier, baby sitter, parent, role model, mechanic, or anyone with any level of real responsibility. Period. There's more to smoking pot than just smoking pot. There's life choices, responsibility, etc. I wouldn't want a coke head, or alcoholic, or someone with similar qualities going those jobs either.
first you said this.....However, your "liberty" ends where mine begins... then you said this.....selfish self-centered pot users.

I'll take hypocrisy for 400, Alex

I know you havent been within 1000 ft from a dispensary, but there are people from all walks of life that go in them.
Not all people that smoke are losers. Is someone that owns a business a loser?

It's almost like you came up with your information about weed after watching fast times at ridgemont high and cheech and Chong

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eddie Dean wrote:
Everything that has been taught about the evils of weed have turned out being a bunch of bullshit. Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol and opioids. Marijuana will become an excellent cash crop. It makes perfect economic sense to legalize it. It'll also be a great time when the movement to legalize psilocybin mushrooms gains momentum.

I wouldn’t go too far with that theory, as the jury is still out. I did a lot of extensive research (for investment purposes). Preliminary info is that there appears to be a clear link between MJ use and psychosis, and in some cases even schizophrenia.

Here’s a basic article from a fairly neutral (on the subject) source that provides some insight.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... -psychosis

Particular attention should be paid to the multiple hit hypothesis (no pun intended), which in other studies I’ve seen is estimated to cover about 25 percent of the population.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:40 am

NWGunner wrote:
I was replying to your "you can't touch airline parts..."

Now, you say "most companies..."...okay... Moving target...

How about this, one of my best friends is a machinist with Boeing, and probably smokes more pot than Snoop Dogg....the guy he gets it from, also is a machinist at Boeing...

I'm not arguing about weed, I'm just saying your statement isn't accurate.

Yeah and now Boeing has a problem with their shiny new planes crashing on takeoff. I’m not saying they caused it and I’m not saying some weed smoking employees don’t make parts in spec, but I and your buddies at Boeing know the rules, every competent stoner knows how to pass a UA and if they fail that test, they are put on probation and are gone. One of my former coworkers failed that test. And it is a FAA reg. Mechanics and pilots, whether you are self employed or work at Northrop can be subject to random UA at any given time. Whether that happens or not is up to the gods at the FAA. So once again a state will pass a law contradicting federal regs making all laws meaningless and bring about anarchy.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4