Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:40 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Non-tactical, tactical pants-what do you wear? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I couldn't find them on Cabela's website but I love their Guidewear pants. Special purpose pocket just for your knife and lots of pockets. Zip-off legs to convert to shorts. Quick-drying microfiber type material, very comfy.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dennydp wrote:
Duluth trading cargo pants. On sale every month or so and should do the trick.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Another +1 for Duluth. Especially if you’re a bigger guy. They seem to be cut a little on the roomier side, which is great for those of us who have “extra”.

I rock their Dry on the Fly cargo shorts all summer long. I’m sure their pants are equally great.

They have wide belt loops, some elastic on the sides, are super durable, and don’t look tacticool at all.

They’re not cheap but if you catch them on sale, they’re reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just bought a pair of their fireman pants.
Right now I won't wear them. Too hot for the summer.
The way they're built, I don't think they are going to wear out in my lifetime. icon_eek

edit:
They make Carhartt's look cheap.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Duluth stuff is spendy, but awesome. Well made, and durable.

Mentioned Vertx on the other site when this came up, and quite a few people tried them & liked them a lot.

Duluth & Vertx aren't cheap, but they're a good value because they're well-made & last longer.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Oh yhea. The 5.11 Jeans are the bomb dot com!

Lightweight, stretchy, and has some sweet sweet pockets. Looks and feels like a normal jean too.

Pro tip... 5.11 does a shitty job washing these. When you get them. Wash them, many times, by themselves. Otherwise, your hands, legs etc will be smurfed.

THIS!

I also recommend the pants (as opposed to the jeans)...they come in bunch of different colors but have all of the same features.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Oh yhea. The 5.11 Jeans are the bomb dot com!

Lightweight, stretchy, and has some sweet sweet pockets. Looks and feels like a normal jean too.

Pro tip... 5.11 does a shitty job washing these. When you get them. Wash them, many times, by themselves. Otherwise, your hands, legs etc will be smurfed.

THIS!

I also recommend the pants (as opposed to the jeans)...they come in bunch of different colors but have all of the same features.

I bought the 5.11 pants on amazon when I was looking for new work pants, everything kept ripping and wasn’t very flexible climbing up onto the bed of my crane. The first day I fell in love with them and ordered 3 more. I’m probably going to order more because I ended up just wearing them on the weekends as well instead of my normal jeans. Best pants I’ve ever had.

One of my coworkers today was asking about them he’s trying to find new work pants so he may be buying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep. I don’t wear anything else these days.

My wife wears the 5.11 women’s jeans/pants and her friends ask “are those women’s jeans with real pockets?!?”

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wrangler RIGGS WORKWEAR Men's Ranger Pant

Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:29 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Benja455 wrote:

My wife wears the 5.11 women’s jeans/pants and her friends ask “are those women’s jeans with real pockets?!?”

Where is that review Ben!? :bigsmile: You sweet talked a free pair for the wife, then radio silence. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Benja455 wrote:

Where is that review Ben!? :bigsmile: You sweet talked a free pair for the wife, then radio silence. :ROFLMAO:

My review on the jeans has been posted for months. Women’s jeans/pants review is pending. Been busy.

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:14 am

Honestly if you want to blend in don’t go with kakis. I rock carhart carpenter jeans and they have reinforced everything. No cargo pockets, but they got a hammer loop, and two “pencil” pockets that can hide a pistol mag, or more practically a pocket knife and you wont look like you’re on a security detail.

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:17 am

I’ve been wearing Eddie Bauer Travex pants. The ones I have look like “dress pants” enough for work. I bought them for a national sale meeting in LA, and trade show I had to do in Vegas. My boss recommended them because he, much like me, travels a lot (like 1,200 miles of wildshield time on average weekly for work). Super comfy. I started wearing hiking, camping, fishing, then hunting last year till the end of October. Bear hunted in them twice so far this year. They were like $40 on sale. Are they Crye super tactical ninja operator fireproof pants? No. But I’ve wore 3 pairs at least once per week, every week for probably over 2 years. Drug a deer out of the woods in them through some thick brush, and an overgrown clearcut. Still going strong. When they die, I’ll buy more. I never liked any Eddie Bauer stuff till I bought them.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dickies makes a good cargo pant with zippered pockets...

https://www.dickies.com/pants/industria ... 12372.html

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Vertx are all I wear anymore. They're very low profile as far as "tactical" pants go and have all the features/pockets I need.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

All right, I succumbed to peer pressure. I bought a pair of the 5.11 jeans from MidwayUSA, liked them, and bought another pair in a different color.

They are really comfortable, with just the right amount of stretch. It's very comfy to carry with my IWB holster.

I haven't found a way to use the extra-deep coin pocket yet.

I don't normally carry an extra mag, but today I'm carrying one in the extra pocket back at 4:00 . . . and I don't even realize that it's there. (This is the 12-round P365 mag.) That is REALLY nice. The mag drops down so it won't be super-quick to pull out, but hey, at least it's a mag that I didn't have before this.

I like them. :thumbsup2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next