Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Shout Out to former SGN pals, Jukk and Co. 

Jukk, bruthaaarz, and all the other fellaz from the old SGN Seattle Gun List, just wanted to say hello. Jukk0u, Corpsman, Lead, Madcow, Beauregard, Zombie, and all the names I don't remember offhand.

How ya' all been? Jukk, my apologies, ever since SGN went away I just don't have the same enthusiasm to get online and hang out with ya' all, but I'll be more diligent than in the past. Hope you've all been well and that we didn't lose any more people. Be well!! :thumbsup2:

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome Tod! Glad to see you back posting!

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hiya Tod. Was thinking about you around the beginning of July :peep:

Glad to hear from you. IS the car vandal still giving you fits?

(unrelated, of course) Bought any new guns lately?

cheers brotharzzz

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What up Tod?

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Hiya Tod.
Glad to hear from you. IS the car vandal still giving you fits?

cheers brotharzzz

welcome tod

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:24 am

Hiya Cmica, another familiar name from the old site! Everybody thanks for the welome back!

To answer your question Jukk, I have finally, after two years, bought a gun I used to have back in the day when I was in the army. At Ft. Wegotcha' (Ft. Huachuca Arizona) back in 1990 I used to sit in the desert with my Detonics Combat Master .45 and plink away. I sold the gun some years later and regretted it ever since.

I've seen a few in local gun shops but they were ratty, and I avoid online sites like gunbroker like the plague. Well I found a nice one recently at a gun shop, so I painfully ponied up the scratch and snagged it, but have not shot it yet. It looks exactly like my old Detonics, a stainless Combat Master with Pachs for grips.

I "bought" a American Arms Derringer a few weeks ago, in .45 Colt, but their system was not working and they could not get it paid for despite three tries, my card company approved the sale, their company could not process, so, that was that. A few days later when they wanted to try again, I came to my senses, sure I still wanted the gun, but NO I did not want to run back and forth to Kent twice due to the liberal assfucks who now forced a waiting period on we who hold a CCW. So NO Derringer in .45 Colt.

Gosh it was a nice Derringer, but that's one hell of a trip to make in traffic back and forth, back and forth. Nah. Any interesting new guns for you Jukk?

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bet that Detonix is nice.

No new ones for me. I got an AR10 recvr set last year and have picked up the minor parts for it in the intervening time (lwr parts kit... revcr ext/buffer) but the major components are beyond reach for a while, i'm sure.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This thread is useless without pics....

Just for you Tod...

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome back!

Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Didnt even know sgn went away..

Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"went away"... don't get me started :bigsmile:

FJB

Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:29 am

Zombie, thanks for reminding me, I need to post a photo of my Detonics. Here ya' go!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:06 pm

Tod wrote:
Zombie, thanks for reminding me, I need to post a photo of my Detonics. Here ya' go!

I always thought it was strange to shorten the sight length. For no apparent reason or benefit, the rear sight is moved one inch forward.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Howdy Tod.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next