Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Question about new laws and transfer.  
Site Admin
Site Admin

dimwit13 wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Well, that shop doesn't deserve any of our money anyway. The net profits likely end up as Democrat campaign contributions, which then lead to further erosion of our gun rights.

However, as a seller, this type of policy would be my preference over the FFL holding onto my gun.

I haven't heard about Precise Shooter...What is the problem?
I have only bought a box of ammo and used them once for a transfer.

-Jason-

For those that want to answer this, that's fine . . . but please keep in mind that the WaGuns Members Code of Conduct applies, so keep it factual and respectful please.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:50 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Well this shit new law has made selling almost as bad as buying...

Actually worse.

Scenario:

I want to sell Gun X

Guy contacts me and we meet at an FFL.

Paperwork is done, no money exchanges hands , I take Gun X home and wait ten to 30 days.

In the mean time the buyer changes his mind on that certain firearm or uses the money to pay the baby sitter....Ghosts the sale.

Here I am with Gun X waiting for the ten to 30 days BGC.....no money.

1639 porks the seller more than the buyer.

And what if the Gun X is a semi auto rifle .......

And buyer says he'll take the course within ten days. Actual transfer has't happened yet so.........day eleven he says fukit....too much hassle and Ghosts the sale.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Well this shit new law has made selling almost as bad as buying...

Actually worse.

Scenario:

I want to sell Gun X

Guy contacts me and we meet at an FFL.

Paperwork is done, no money exchanges hands , I take Gun X home and wait ten to 30 days.

In the mean time the buyer changes his mind on that certain firearm or uses the money to pay the baby sitter....Ghosts the sale.

Here I am with Gun X waiting for the ten to 30 days BGC.....no money.

1639 porks the seller more than the buyer.

And what if the Gun X is a semi auto rifle .......

And buyer says he'll take the course within ten days. Actual transfer has't happened yet so.........day eleven he says fukit....too much hassle and Ghosts the sale.

Get the money before the background check starts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:05 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

You fellas act like there are no gun buyers or sellers outside WA state...

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've got a feeling that the normal method will be:

- Buyer and seller meet at FFL. Buyer pays seller, does paperwork. Seller goes home.
- Buyer waits for proceed from FFL, goes to pick up gun.

Let's not overcomplicate things. If a buyer fails a background check, he's got bigger problems than worrying about the money he paid for the gun he's not going to get.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

- Buyer and seller meet at FFL. Buyer pays seller -And if he doesn't and waits until he gets a proceed?, does paperwork. Seller goes home.
- Buyer waits for proceed from FFL, goes to pick up gun. But what if he is denied? Do you have to pay and wait for it to be transfered back into your name?

Let's not overcomplicate things. If a buyer fails a background check, he's got bigger problems than worrying about the money he paid for the gun he's not going to get.

It got complicated when they made the fucked up law.
And we are making it worse by "_________" them.
Sorry, but there isn't enough ASTRO GLIDE on the planet to keep taking it from them.
So much to do.....and so little to help

-Jason-

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dimwit13 wrote:
MadPick wrote:

- Buyer and seller meet at FFL. Buyer pays seller -And if he doesn't and waits until he gets a proceed?, does paperwork. Seller goes home.
- Buyer waits for proceed from FFL, goes to pick up gun. But what if he is denied? Do you have to pay and wait for it to be transfered back into your name?

It got complicated when they made the fucked up law.
And we are making it worse by "_________" them.
Sorry, but there isn't enough ASTRO GLIDE on the planet to keep taking it from them.
So much to do.....and so little to help

-Jason-

Jason...pretty sure its slowing down the illegal transfer of firearms between felons.... :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, thats not funny.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Let's just keep it very simple.

You find buyer.
Meet at store.
Buyer inspects gun, if he decides he wants it, he pays you. You give gun to dealer. You give a bill of sale if you want and you're done. Go home, enjoy life.
Buyer completes background checks as if he is buying gun from dealer's display case.

If buyer doesn't pass background, then buyer can appeal. Just like he bought it from the dealer.
If he doesn't want to appeal... even knowing he could end up being investigated by the WSP... he can try to sell it to the store, consign it to the store, or try to sell it back to the seller.
Unless the buyer has some sort of contract that says he will only pay if he passes the background check, it's on him at this point. If you're nice you could refund his money and do the background check yourself to get your gun back. Or you could tell him to pound sand. A good reason to have a bill of sale with this spelled out in it ahead of time so there is no question.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:

You find buyer.
Meet at store.
Buyer inspects gun, if he decides he wants it, he pays you. You give gun to dealer. You give a bill of sale if you want and you're done. Go home, enjoy life.
Buyer completes background checks as if he is buying gun from dealer's display case.

If buyer doesn't pass background, then buyer can appeal. Just like he bought it from the dealer.
If he doesn't want to appeal... even knowing he could end up being investigated by the WSP... he can try to sell it to the store, consign it to the store, or try to sell it back to the seller.
Unless the buyer has some sort of contract that says he will only pay if he passes the background check, it's on him at this point. If you're nice you could refund his money and do the background check yourself to get your gun back. Or you could tell him to pound sand. A good reason to have a bill of sale with this spelled out in it ahead of time so there is no question.

This sounds like the best plan, to have a bill of sale that states how it will be handled if buyer doesn’t pass bgc etc.

Thanks for all the input!

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:44 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you, Chester. thumbsup

Even if you don’t do a bill of sale, it would be good to have that in your ad. Something like:
- Can meet at xxxx location(s)
- xxxx is responsible for transfer fees
- Sale is final at meet and is not contingent upon the buyer passing the background check.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:

You find buyer.
Meet at store.

Do the new changes require the FFL to hold the firearm for a private transfer? I know when 594 took effect the fed guidelines allowed for the seller to retain the firearm.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:35 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

1811GNR wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

You find buyer.
Meet at store.

Do the new changes require the FFL to hold the firearm for a private transfer? I know when 594 took effect the fed guidelines allowed for the seller to retain the firearm.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, 1639 the FFL keeps the firearm for 10 to 30 days............or till the BGC clears.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2