Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Marijuana and Psycosis 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Pot is not good for you, bottom line.

Nothing is good for you.

I was gonna post sex as a reply but that shit will kill you.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
AR15L wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Nothing is good for you.

It isn't the sex that kills you. It's who you're sexing that will kill you.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
A while back, I did quite a bit of research on MJ for investment purposes.....

While the research is mostly preliminary, but its all pointing to a strong link between chronic MJ use and psychosis and schizophrenia. The research mostly suggests about a 25 percent increase in schizophrenia diagnosis in regions where MJ has been legalized (like Seattle). Additionally, many schizophrenia patients end up homeless, so it impacts the homeless issue. They started seeing these increase in about 2014, after MJ began getting legalized in regions that legalized.

I don’t remember the name of the theory (multi-source or idiopathic?), but the basic idea was that everyone is prone to some type of psychosis or schizophrenia. Chronic MJ use “:can be” the trigger that activates that problem. That’s why some people have no problem with MJ use, but a certain percentage of the population is going to have issues. What exacerbates is that the people who are having problems can be just fine for the first 109 times, but on usage 110, they trigger their schizophrenia. As the trigger is different for everyone, its like playing Russian Roulette.

I'm sure you could make the same comparison to Aspirin and Tampon users....with a higher incidence among the Latter. :wink05:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
Pablo wrote:
AR15L wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Nothing is good for you.

It isn't the sex that kills you. It's who you're sexing that will kill you.

Or their husband

So I’ve heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chicken or egg. The way i see it, is the drug doesnt make the culture, unfortunately the culture makes the drug. What i mean is people that are lowlifes and willing to break laws are unfortunately the spokesmen for it, because they dont care about it's legality. In this group are a lot of people with mental issues who live on the fringes of society anyway. Whereas it is taboo enough that people that have their shit straight arent as vocal because they have more to lose.

All that said i dont smoke because my job doesnt allow it, but i see it being no more harmful than alcohol.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:12 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

beckdw wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

So, my question is: will the legalization and wider use of cannabis bring more of these events which will then be used as a cause, not to re-criminalize weed, but to further demonize and restrict gun ownership? EDIT: will the correlations to violent psychosis and weed, if any, be suppressed and ignored in the process?

Well, obviously no. It’s illegal to purchase a gun if you’re a user of substances the federal government has deemed illegal (ie. Marijuana). So clearly people who smoke pot cant buy guns. I mean, come on. It’s against the law.

I see what ya did there, well played sir, well played.

Just trying to play by their rules. Laws are unbreakable right? More laws=the answer :secretshake:

:wink05:

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
Chicken or egg. The way i see it, is the drug doesnt make the culture, unfortunately the culture makes the drug. What i mean is people that are lowlifes and willing to break laws are unfortunately the spokesmen for it, because they dont care about it's legality. In this group are a lot of people with mental issues who live on the fringes of society anyway. Whereas it is taboo enough that people that have their shit straight arent as vocal because they have more to lose.

All that said i dont smoke because my job doesnt allow it, but i see it being no more harmful than alcohol.

I see alcohol as much more harmful. Way more drunk drivers kill people. Drink too much and you get alcohol poisoning. I mean just throw on a few episodes of live PD and compare pot heads to the drunks.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
new daddy wrote:

While the research is mostly preliminary, but its all pointing to a strong link between chronic MJ use and psychosis and schizophrenia. The research mostly suggests about a 25 percent increase in schizophrenia diagnosis in regions where MJ has been legalized (like Seattle). Additionally, many schizophrenia patients end up homeless, so it impacts the homeless issue. They started seeing these increase in about 2014, after MJ began getting legalized in regions that legalized.

I don’t remember the name of the theory (multi-source or idiopathic?), but the basic idea was that everyone is prone to some type of psychosis or schizophrenia. Chronic MJ use “:can be” the trigger that activates that problem. That’s why some people have no problem with MJ use, but a certain percentage of the population is going to have issues. What exacerbates is that the people who are having problems can be just fine for the first 109 times, but on usage 110, they trigger their schizophrenia. As the trigger is different for everyone, its like playing Russian Roulette.

I'm sure you could make the same comparison to Aspirin and Tampon users....with a higher incidence among the Latter. :wink05:

If that was true, they would have already sued the tampon industry.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/french ... bili-traoré-1.493649

French prosecutors drop murder charges against Jewish kindergarten teacher Sarah Halimi's killer.
Psychiatric experts say Kobili Traoré had smoked cannabis and may have been unaware of his actions.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most of these shooters have been on antidepressants or the like but many people are walking around under the influence of these drugs.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/08/14 ... 492840000/
https://time.com/4900248/antidepressant ... re-common/

The Army used to hand out Ambien like candy for sleep problems in Iraq and I'd say an easy 50% of the people took these at night to sleep. Did these ever go on people's medical record? If so, can previous use ever be used against them? Or any anti-depressant use? (I used benadryl to sleep, others used Tylenol-PM).

Allegedly SSG Bales was on Ambien when he killed the Afghan civilians:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bales
https://www.theburningplatform.com/2014 ... es-ambien/

Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
usrifle wrote:
new daddy wrote:

I'm sure you could make the same comparison to Asprin and Tampon users....with a higher incidence among the Latter. :wink05:

They were....more than once.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tampon+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

Pot has many benefits that are good for you, YMMV.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Duke EB wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Pot has many benefits that are good for you, YMMV.

Not nearly as much as the hype.

Not sure much good about THC.

Some decent good with CBD.

But kids and young adults smoking pot for recreation is nearly almost always a bad thing. I'm not saying people denying this are blind, but some serious squinting going on. :bigsmile:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
new daddy wrote:
usrifle wrote:
new daddy wrote:

I'm sure you could make the same comparison to Asprin and Tampon users....with a higher incidence among the Latter. :wink05:

They were....more than once.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tampon+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Which one of those suits is for psychosis?

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:30 am

~
A significant percentage of Americans are already mentally ill. We call them liberals

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next