Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:25 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Knowing when you die. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[ I might got shot down for this... or I might delete it tomorow when I sober up...]

NWGunner wrote:
Then, I come out, and, on the way to my rig, I'm looking at trees, thinking, "will I ever see that tree bloom again?" ..."will I see the sunrise tomorrow, or the sunset?", etc., ...will I see so-and-so again?

All that to say, the thoughts & ideas mentioned above are great, but for me, in the midst of the battle, I had a narrow focus..sunset...sunrise...will I see any more...and will anyone care...?

So which is it? DECIDE.
Fight or flight - really your only choices.

[Asking] Will you see another sunset? Not if you die in your sleep. So, decide not to die in your sleep. I'll talk to you more about it tomorrow.

I, and a lot of others, love you Steve but it's ultimately up to you. *You* get to choose. You can slog on into this, carrying with you a ton of doubt, fear, and apprehension, wondering about the outcome, or you can make it happen.

"We do not excel from a position of fear." - Andrew

"Knowing" that you will beat this, is a sure path. "Not knowing", perhaps the others can comment on - I don't know much about doubt...

I do know that I would chose to beat it. And if it turns out I'm wrong, and I loose, then I guess I loose. Done. I'm ok with being wrong. I might be mistaken. I've been wrong once before, or so I'm told :wink05:

But if I'm right...

I say, decide to win and then just win. :rockout:

Spoiler: show
I do not intend to be an ass. I really, seriously do care. But I cannot decide *for NWGunner*, or for anyone else. I can only decide for me. Last time I decided to live, I survived. I don't know what happens if I decide to doubt. I'll try that next time and let you know how I get on... I hope you understand!

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bruce556 wrote:

Did you have someone to share this with?

My wife is always there for for me.[/quote]

At the time, I didn't, but I am married now, so, I have someone for the latest things...

Thanks for asking :cheers2:

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

O_Kellogg wrote:
[ I might got shot down for this... or I might delete it tomorow when I sober up...]

NWGunner wrote:
Then, I come out, and, on the way to my rig, I'm looking at trees, thinking, "will I ever see that tree bloom again?" ..."will I see the sunrise tomorrow, or the sunset?", etc., ...will I see so-and-so again?

All that to say, the thoughts & ideas mentioned above are great, but for me, in the midst of the battle, I had a narrow focus..sunset...sunrise...will I see any more...and will anyone care...?

So which is it? DECIDE.

[Asking] Will you see another sunset? Not if you die in your sleep. So, decide not to die in your sleep. I'll talk to you more about it tomorrow.

I, and a lot of others, love you Steve but it's ultimately up to you. *You* get to choose. You can slog on into this, carrying with you a ton of doubt, fear, and apprehension, wondering about the outcome, or you can make it happen.

"Knowing" that you will beat this, is a sure path. "Not knowing", perhaps the others can comment on - I don't know much about doubt...

I do know that I would chose to beat it. And if it turns out I'm wrong, and I loose, then I guess I loose. Done. I'm ok with being wrong. I might be mistaken. I've been wrong once before, or so I'm told :wink05:

But if I'm right...

I do not intend to be an ass. I really, seriously do care. But I cannot decide *for NWGunner*, or for anyone else. I can only decide for me. Last time I decided to live, I survived. I don't know what happens if I decide to doubt. I'll try that next time and let you know how I get on... I hope you understand!

Well written brother, you did just fine with that. :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

O_Kellogg wrote:

NWGunner wrote:

So which is it? DECIDE.

But if I'm right...

I like your fire :thumbsup2:

The thread was about what you would do if you knew you were dying, and folks were responding with their thought process for such a time.

My response was to convey that while it seems obvious right now what one might do, things may not be quite so cut & dried when you're in the midst of it, and was showing how my mind wasn't clear enough for such organized thinking.

As a side note...I did fight it then, and won, though some current challenges are looming :bigsmile:

Good thoughts, though, thanks! :cheers2:

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3