Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Cali Power Blackouts 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look a little deeper. CALPERS, the state retirement pension plan, is one of the biggest PGE shareholders.

That means, state government looks the other way when system upgrades and maintenance are ignored to the point of criminality.

They don't want to interrupt the dividend flow to a massive pension plan desperate for revenue to stay afloat.

Government, money, and corporations. Never any shady shit going on there, right ?

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kgbsucka wrote:
Use your wood stove because they're awesome and there's nothing like a fire on a cold day - not because it's better for the environment.

Agreed. Also because it is the only alternative you have to electric heat. (Can't afford natural gas, let alone a heat pump.)

Too much of "just do this, and just do that", by people who can easily afford this and that, with no consideration given to those who don't even know where their next meal is coming from. Not saying that is me. Just that I know plenty of people in that situation. Humble honest simple people who have as much right to live by what means they have, as anyone who has more 'means', does. Better for the environment, has nothing to do with that. I just made the point because that was the argument being made.

Kgbsucka wrote:
We're off-topic now :bruce:

Agreed. Back to our regularly scheduled program...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kgbsucka wrote:
The reason there AREN'T that many wood stoves now is due to air quality regulations and primarily access to cheaper sources of fuel such as natural gas.

Cheaper?

I cant even get people to come get FREE wood!!

People use "cheaper" fuel because they are LAZY.

Folks nowadays buy an axe because it matches their beard, not because they can/will actually split a cord of wood!!!

Turn the magic knob for heat! Easy peasy!!

I wonder why all these new energy efficient heat pumped houses always have mold problems? :wink05:

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Kgbsucka wrote:
The reason there AREN'T that many wood stoves now is due to air quality regulations and primarily access to cheaper sources of fuel such as natural gas.

Cheaper?

Folks nowadays buy an axe because it matches their beard, not because they can/will actually split a cord of wood!!!

I wonder why all these new energy efficient heat pumped houses always have mold problems? :wink05:

Hey, question for ya, I got a BUNCH of logs, stripped of branches, ranging from 8" to 20 diameter, Fir, Larch, some Pondersoa, on our property. All nicely stacked up by the builder who we fired.

How long is this wood good for in that condition? Taken down last Nov. I'm head over to the property Saturday with my chain saw to whack up about a cord along with my neighbor who wants a cord, but there will be a shit ton left....

For the record, I have 3 axes, 2 splitting mauls and I know how to use them! Actually , its great exercise.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:40 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sportsdad60 wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Kgbsucka wrote:

Cheaper?

Hey, question for ya, I got a BUNCH of logs, stripped of branches, ranging from 8" to 20 diameter, Fir, Larch, some Pondersoa, on our property. All nicely stacked up by the builder who we fired.

How long is this wood good for in that condition? Taken down last Nov. I'm head over to the property Saturday with my chain saw to whack up about a cord along with my neighbor who wants a cord, but there will be a shit ton left....

For the record, I have 3 axes, 2 splitting mauls and I know how to use them! Actually , its great exercise.

Left in the rain and on the ground? Not long in my experience. Too wet here.

It should last quite some time under a tarp or some other cover, but you need to get it up off the ground and stacked so air can move under and around it. It could sit for several years like that.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kgbsucka wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Kgbsucka wrote:

Cheaper?

Left in the rain and on the ground? Not long in my experience. Too wet here.

It should last quite some time under a tarp or some other cover, but you need to get it up off the ground and stacked so air can move under and around it. It could sit for several years like that.

I sent him a PM and he answered.
It's dry here, 5% humidity in the summer. Thanks for your reply.
I'd need a BIG FARKING TARP to cover it. I would guess it would fill up one logging truck, possible two.
The first level is on the ground, the rest stacked on top.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

and.. Cali just gave Amateur radio the boot, and removed RACES/ARES from its communication plan.......and is trying to kick some repeaters off the state owned/leased towers.

LOL.

I think most pd/fd stations have generators, but usually only enough fuel on hand for a couple of days, unless that's changed.

Let's see how shit works when they don't have a way to charge their portables....or pagers... :bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
and.. Cali just gave Amateur radio the boot, and removed RACES/ARES from its communication plan.......and is trying to kick some repeaters off the state owned/leased towers.

LOL.

I think most pd/fd stations have generators, but usually only enough fuel on hand for a couple of days, unless that's changed.

Let's see how shit works when they don't have a way to charge their portables....or pagers... :bigsmile:

.gov will never run out of fuel.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:09 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Imagine that. The city of Los Angeles is STILL on fire despite shutting off power.

https://q13fox.com/2019/10/11/thousands ... s-angeles/

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:02 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

With all those winds blowing to the east, it would be a tragedy if a fire came about in Temecula or there about. All those people would be trapped in the L.A. and greater L.A. area.

I was listening to a podcast recently that featured the owner or Patagonia (clothing company). He said, "California should be it's own country."

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
With all those winds blowing to the east, it would be a tragedy if a fire came about in Temecula or there about. All those people would be trapped in the L.A. and greater L.A. area.

I was listening to a podcast recently that featured the owner or Patagonia (clothing company). He said, "California should be it's own country."

I remember a story about a few states that tried that once. Didn't work out well for them from what I remember.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:

We would end up sending them more money.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:00 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Kgbsucka wrote:
Imagine that. The city of Los Angeles is STILL on fire despite shutting off power.

https://q13fox.com/2019/10/11/thousands ... s-angeles/

They tried to call the fire department but their phones were dead, power being out and all.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

power on. or off or fire claimed another life...........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oxygen-depen ... o-his-home

Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:56 pm

jdhbulseye wrote:
dreadi wrote:

I remember a story about a few states that tried that once. Didn't work out well for them from what I remember.

I think in California’s case, if they were to secede, the rest of the country would let them. We would just have to build a bigger wall.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next