Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 DOL says it would cost too much to comply with law 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

The state said it can't reimburse people and it can't fix its system to charge the correct amount because it would cost too much.

The other equally adroit arguement is/was "But we're spending your stolen money on really cool shit!!

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.king5.com/article/news/poli ... b290b45b02

King County Executive Dow Constantine said Wednesday he has asked the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office to prepare a lawsuit to challenge the measure's constitutionality.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cruffler wrote:
King County Executive Dow Constantine said Wednesday he has asked the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office to prepare a lawsuit to challenge the measure's constitutionality.

Like somehow voting against taxes is unconstitutional. Voting for taxes is ok. Got it.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rodell wrote:
cruffler wrote:

Like somehow voting against taxes is unconstitutional. Voting for taxes is ok. Got it.

Sad thing?

King County and Seattle in particular have ZERO problem with this. If you can cream the whole state for a Seattle happy party, why not?

Seems like the very reason FOR a Constitution - to protect from mob democracy. But WTF do I know???

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:41 am

I so want this to bite them in the ass if we can use the same argument for 1639......

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
I so want this to bite them in the ass if we can use the same argument for 1639......

But it's DIFFERENT. It's GUNS. Think of the CHILDREN you MONSTER.
Etc., etc.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:21 pm

Ace wrote:

A lot of unfunded bull shit!

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:43 pm

So if it costs too much to comply with the law we as citizens don't have to either?

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WA Gun Smuggler wrote:
So if it costs too much to comply with the law we as citizens don't have to either?

Yeah, I'm broke so I can't comply with any of their laws.

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
WA Gun Smuggler wrote:

Yeah, I'm broke so I can't comply with any of their laws.

It doesn't count if their laws made you broke.

Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This has been in the back of my mind ever since the “government” announced that they were planning on suing to get this law overturned. They are going to use our money to sue us for our money?

What’s the lawsuit going to be called?

Government v. The People

Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
So do what I do drive collector vehicles. Once the vehicle is 30 years old you can get a CV plate.

You can only do this IF you have a car that is NOT a collector car (over 25 yrs old) and if you get caught using your collector vehicle as a daily driver you will get nailed to the cross. If you say this wont happen you're wrong, all it takes is the same officer pulling you over twice - ask me how I know icon_eek

Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classic wrote:
hartcreek wrote:
So do what I do drive collector vehicles. Once the vehicle is 30 years old you can get a CV plate.

You can only do this IF you have a car that is NOT a collector car (over 25 yrs old) and if you get caught using your collector vehicle as a daily driver you will get nailed to the cross. If you say this wont happen you're wrong, all it takes is the same officer pulling you over twice - ask me how I know icon_eek

The exemptions allow 'occasional pleasure use' and 'exhibition' and 'enjoyment for others' ....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Classic wrote:
hartcreek wrote:

The exemptions allow 'occasional pleasure use' and 'exhibition' and 'enjoyment for others' ....

Occasional... So if a police officer sees a nice classic car on the same route that ends up at a business a few times a week you don't think they will call you on it? Yes, they will! Also the DMV has licensing records associated to your name and address. They know if you have a non collector car. Exhibition is weekend car shows and parades while occasional is NOT driving it to work every day :wink05:

Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classic wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Classic wrote:
hartcreek wrote:

Occasional... So if a police officer sees a nice classic car on the same route that ends up at a business a few times a week you don't think they will call you on it? Yes, they will! Also the DMV has licensing records associated to your name and address. They know if you have a non collector car. Exhibition is weekend car shows and parades while occasional is NOT driving it to work every day :wink05:

Yeah but....who cares? I only use my collector vehicle for dump runs and other random hauling. So far so good, only been 7 or 10 years. Brings my wife pleasure every time I get work done. Pretty sure that qualifies as for the pleasure of others.

Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next