Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Can China torpedo our economy? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:yes: :hitit:

Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She talks like she's got a huge gauge barbell piercing through her tongue.

I wonder if her mom's single.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If miss Dia offered me a tea ceremony I’d probably fall for it.

Yummy

Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:40 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
All the WaGuns Sino-philes are currently out in their garages and gun rooms stroking their Primary Arms scopes and parts mumbling "My Precious" over and over, in reaction to this message, Mike.

PA will be trading at twice the price of Leupold 5 years from now. Better buy some stock ASAP!

Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:52 pm

China cannot take us down without going down itself. Yes they produce a lot of goods that WE buy. WE buy. We are China’s biggest customer of cheap crap. If we shut that cash pipeline down they will have to lay off millions of wage slaves that are now just starting to enjoy this thing called middle class. The trading for the most part has gone int Their favor. Most ships coming from China have been full of their crap while they go back to shanghai relatively empty. We cannot sustain that type of trade. So here’s where it gets ugly. The US is the worlds breadbasket. China imports a huge portion of their soybeans and rice from us. If they terrif our grain, most farmers will switch back to corn or sugar beets our we subsidize them and the stuff that would go to China goes into our strategic grain reserve. But China has a billion mouths to feed, literally. Shut that food off from us then they have the possibility of a real famine on their hands.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wasn’t there talk of Chinese investors buying large swaths of Midwest Farmland?

Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chains wrote:

Part of the 'torpedo'...

My point in bringing up what they did with printing all that money out of nothing was...

If they ever decide to use that torpedo... The whole world knows where the money came from that 'bought' all that property. And so many other things.

It will be easy to decide that their money was never worth anything in the forst place, and just take all that back.

The problem is... All that property would now belong to our benevolent government.

No matter how the nut is cracked, we ain't getting any of the meat...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Staunch right wing Murican institutions like:

State of Missouri
Missouri Pork Producers
Missouri Cattlemen’s Association
Smithfield Foods

All are more than happy to allow Chinese investment. After all, a 4th generation Midwestern cattleman who sold his family legacy to someplace like WH Group for $48 million can afford more Made in USA stuff right?

‘Murica!

Greed goes both ways.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

China has a reputation on the world stage. It may work to sell Bitcoin funds but not to change the world standard currency away from USD.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Chains wrote:

Yeah they got their money in there. But the stuff is still grown here and if there is tariffs and embargoes that still means the grain and meat don’t leave our ports no matter how much they say preatty please. They can’t eat their plastic money.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

Pretty much all of these scams are common in many places that I've been. Even Rick Steves talks about them in his books and series.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:29 am

A different perspective

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Pretty much all of these scams are common in many places that I've been. Even Rick Steves talks about them in his books and series.

She can torpedo my "economy" anytime.
Yes, its a 3AM post :045:

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I've never understood the arguments against taking a needed action that are based on pain, suffering or financial losses.

Before President Trump came along and upset their apple cart, China was on a path to turn our nation into a vassal state. I've seen/heard/read so many arguments against the "trade war" with China that have to do with how much extra $ it's costing individual families, or farmers, or any other small segment.
It's insanely simple... Continue on a path on which we are losing bigly, or take a few painful steps and get onto a winning or at least equitable path.

I came across this video this morning at 1st cup of tea time, which this morning was at 4:30am. Gah.
If China has 20,000 tons of gold and the means to implement a new cryptocurrency, is that enough to supplant the US petrodollar?

https://youtu.be/DgOthBngUq0

I've been concerned about our fiat currency since I was old enough to think on it, which was somewhere in my early teens. I was confident that it was going to implode to worthlessness in 2008ish, but it kept right on chugging away. There have been dire warnings from some mainstream and many fringe economists or wannabe economists all this time.

Is this 20,000 tons of gold enough for China to pull that Pearl Harbor on our economy like the guest in the video says?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UmSEPnh49Q

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:59 pm

No they can’t torpedo our economy with gold. What most don’t understand is that a weaker dollar means we can export our goods to other nations easier. China’s yuan is like a 1000 to 1usd. They devalue our dollar that means our stuff Is cheaper to buy and their stuff is more expensive. What China’s been doing is buying our dollars to inflate its value so they can continue cheap exports. If they tank that then the dollar goes down their exports become more expensive.

Last edited by Ace on Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next