Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:10 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Watch Enthusiasts 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

World Affairs Brief, September 10, 2021 Commentary and Insights on a Troubled World.
Copyright Joel Skousen. Joel Skousen’s World Affairs Brief (http://www.worldaffairsbrief.com).

The most reliable watches are automatic or self-winding watches as invented by a Swiss watchmaker in the 1700s. They use an internal pendulum to wind the spring each time you move your arm. The Japanese watchmaker Seiko makes several reliable watches of this kind that are purely mechanical and still cost-effective. The Seiko 5 sells for around $100, is attractive but not flashy (depending on the model) and also displays the date and day of the week (calendar dates are another item to keep track of someday).

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
World Affairs Brief, September 10, 2021 Commentary and Insights on a Troubled World.
Copyright Joel Skousen. Joel Skousen’s World Affairs Brief (http://www.worldaffairsbrief.com).

The most reliable watches are automatic or self-winding watches as invented by a Swiss watchmaker in the 1700s. They use an internal pendulum to wind the spring each time you move your arm. The Japanese watchmaker Seiko makes several reliable watches of this kind that are purely mechanical and still cost-effective. The Seiko 5 sells for around $100, is attractive but not flashy (depending on the model) and also displays the date and day of the week (calendar dates are another item to keep track of someday).
I bought a Seiko 5 a few years ago for 60$ on Amazon and it was a cool little watch for needing a temporary watch while my main one was in the shop, I ended up trading to Deliot on here for one of his fancy pens, I should see if it is still ticking.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:36 pm

I'm cheap, lazy, and my wife would kill me if I bought expensive watches.
I like Citizen (because of the Eco-drive), and some of the G-shock tough solar models. My non-work daily is a Citizen titanium armor, the smaller of the series. My work watches alternate between the recently discontinued Citizen Promaster Tough, a plain, basic but rugged watch, and an older Gshock mudman. Something that can take a bit of a beating if/when I have to deal with a violent resident. Those are also my wear in the woods and at the range watches.

I would get one of the titanium armor but the one I would want has two black links on the band that just kill it for me. And I can't bring myself to buy it and spend another $300 on a new band just to not have those. If it were a gift, then I'd get the band replaced because those two links just bother me so much. I did buy one, but returned it soon after because it just bugged me. I guess I'm picky.

G-shocks are Insanely rugged and also no battery changes to deal with. The GWG1000 has been calling to me lately.

There are a couple Tissots and Hamilton's that have caught my eye. And at the entry level luxury watch level the Rolex Milgauss, Explorer II, and Oyster Perpetual. I generally like the more plain watches without many complications.

If I somehow end up with stupid amounts of money to buy stupid expensive toys I might, but probably wouldn't, end up with something from one of the holy trinity. I don't find most of most of them aesthetically pleasing. The Royal Oak is probably the one that would appeal to me most. Maybe a Patrimony or Calatrava for wear with a 5k suit.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:18 am

Love this

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Vostok Amphibia are nice for the price.

Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

User 1234 wrote:
Vostok Amphibia are nice for the price.

I have a review in the review section of my Vostok(581826) it arrived DOA from an e-bay seller, lets see how everyone recovers.

I really like the style and finish

Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would use eBay’s buyer protection and stop waiting for the seller to make it right. Get your refund and get another one. The ones I have bought on eBay work fine.

Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:22 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Ebay is good at resolving it, and it usually doesn't even need to go that far.
I've returned several items on Ebay that said "Buyer does not accept returns"
They all gave me a prepaid return shipping label (call tag) without any hassle.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:44 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

acidfly wrote:
Love this

What is that in USD?

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:46 am

Guntrader wrote:
acidfly wrote:
Love this

What is that in USD?

$4,372.14

Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Forget Rolex, IWC... Longiene's (izzat how you spell it?)

If you want perfection:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... -editions/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

removed

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

removed

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

removed

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

removed

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next