Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:44 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 47  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Admin
Site Admin

catbird wrote:
Absent any context, if you can speak the words, "I can't breathe" more than once, then you can breathe.

Exactly. His repeated "I can't breathe" statements mean nothing, in my opinion, and don't factor into what happened here.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed May 27, 2020 4:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm sticking with negligent homicide. Dude was having a medical issue, and couldn't aspirate normally. Once he was unconscious, he asphyxiated.

Complete conjecture, of course.

Cop wanted to play it cool and not react, but, in his defense, how many thousands of times has he heard someone say they can't breathe, just so they can get loose?

Asian dude didn't even look at the guy when he was down, he was just looking at the crowd.

Once he stopped moving, then yeah, that's a red flag.

I've also seen people on PCP act similarly before having cardiac issues, but again, complete conjecture.

They definitely fucked up, for sure, the question is, by how much? INaction is different that intentional action, IMO.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed May 27, 2020 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-l ... lee-2020-6

LAPD detains citizens that are defending a store, unless the robbers flee, because the citizens are armed.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
catbird wrote:
Absent any context, if you can speak the words, "I can't breathe" more than once, then you can breathe.

Exactly. His repeated "I can't breathe" statements mean nothing, in my opinion, and don't factor into what happened here.

That knee on the neck was over the same place grapplers are trained to apply pressure for a proper blood choke. I assure you, assuming you don't panic, we could carry on a full on conversation if I had you a decent rear naked choke. Right up until you passed out from lack of blood to the brain. I've actually seen it happen in class. Instructor demonstrating a choke, student slightly uncomfortable but responsive right up until they pass out and fall on their face.

I've also had that choke applied to me on more than one occasion. If you're not accustomed to you you'll likely panic. I did the first few times I was choked.

Difference here is that the officer applied a blood choke for nearly 10 minutes, and lack of blood to the brain can kill you. Which is what happened according to an independent autopsy. More just an FYI than anything else. Claiming he wasn't being choked because he could talk is false.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 307185002/

Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rayjax82 wrote:
Difference here is that the officer applied a blood choke for nearly 10 minutes, and lack of blood to the brain can kill you. Which is what happened according to an independent autopsy. More just an FYI than anything else. Claiming he wasn't being choked because he could talk is false.

I've never heard of the term "blood choke" before. Your explanation seems reasonable to me, so I'll defer to your superior knowledge in these matters.

However, I never said that he wasn't choked, or that kneeling on his neck wasn't the proximate cause of his death. I said that repeatedly speaking the words, "I can't breathe" is prima facie evidence that you can in fact breathe.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:58 pm

rayjax82 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
catbird wrote:

That knee on the neck was over the same place grapplers are trained to apply pressure for a proper blood choke. I assure you, assuming you don't panic, we could carry on a full on conversation if I had you a decent rear naked choke. Right up until you passed out from lack of blood to the brain. I've actually seen it happen in class. Instructor demonstrating a choke, student slightly uncomfortable but responsive right up until they pass out and fall on their face.

I've also had that choke applied to me on more than one occasion. If you're not accustomed to you you'll likely panic. I did the first few times I was choked.

People being arrested will claim the cant breath. My guess is they hope the officer may worry/second guess what they are doing and shift position. The officer should have known that what he was doing was blocking oxygen to the brain.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you're panicking it could very well feel like you can't breathe. There's also something else called excited delirium which is this:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3088378/

I don't know if either applies in this case, just speculating based on personal experience. First few times I had a solid blood choke put on me it really did feel like I couldn't breathe due to me panicking. But once I was able to calm down I found that wasn't really the case.

Here's a BJJ instructor talking about the difference between air chokes and blood chokes.

https://bjjfanatics.com/blogs/news/2-ty ... an-kesting

Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, guy gets pulled for a speeding ticket.

Park ranger gets him out of his vehicle.

Ranger deploys a TASER without warning, and his body camera magically malfunctions for nearly 30 seconds, just in time to show the Ranger on top of him, shooting him in his heart, killing him.

The Ranger says, the time the camera died is when the suspect attacked him. The deputy doesn't have any marks or injuries consistent with being hit in the head, as he claims.

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Cameras don't just 'oops!' 30 seconds and keep recording.

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/vi ... r/5777672/

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cop takes bike from citizen.. :bigsmile:

Cop was running after a suspect who ended up getting on a bike. Cop had the smarts to ask a guy if he could borrow his bike, and he said yes. Kudos to the officer thinking on his pedals, and thanks to the guy for lending his bike. They got a murder suspect off the streets because the officer was able to follow and provide updates about the suspect's location.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cop arrests man for not wanting to talk to him. These are the cops that need to be removed from the force. He escalates the situation into a physical confrontation, illegal arrest, then charges the man with resisting the unlawful arrest, and tries to go for 'tampering with evidence' for helping the guy who wrecked his motorcycle. The officer tore the man's rotator cuff, requiring a full joint replacement, and none of the officers involved have been disciplined.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent job!

Recognized the threat, responded quickly and accurately, and the radio work was awesome; immediately getting on the radio to advise what happened and their location.

:bow:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cop is trespassing on property, blocking a private driveway. A Dr. drives up, and taps his horn at the cop. The officer jumps out of his car, points his gun at the driver, and demands he prove it's his property.

Instead of acknowledging he shouldn't be there, and just leaving, he has to try and fight. This is what happens when you train officers that they're never wrong, and have to not show any weakness.

Then another cop wants to come up and ask why he doesn't like cops. I dunno, maybe trespassing, blocking my driveway, then pulling a gun on me when I ask him to leave?

But that's not enough, officer dipshit wants to try and say he can cite the driver for careless driving, because he came in 'the wrong way'.. ignoring the entrance/exit marks, ON HIS PROPERTY that are not legally binding.

What.The.Fuck.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
officer dipshit

WTF I love BLM now

Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Police officer steals baby from mother and brutally smacks it...

Spoiler: show

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Police officer steals baby from mother and brutally smacks it...

Spoiler: show

Almost nothing makes beating up working on a victim patient harder than half a dozen bandwagoners untrained bystanders all trying to help.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 47  Next