Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:54 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 47  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Admin
Site Admin

RocketScott wrote:
*Update*

Fanta Bility shooting: 3 officers charged in Sharon Hill shooting that left girl dead, 3 others hurt
https://www.fox29.com/news/3-officers-charged-in-shooting-that-killed-fanta-bility-wounded-3-others-in-sharon-hill
Quote:
Officers Devon Smith, Sean Dolan, and Brian Devaney are each charged with a total of twelve criminal counts of manslaughter and reckless endangerment for their actions that night, Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer announced Tuesday.
Authorities had previously charged two teens in connection with the initial gunshots that were fired - Angelo "AJ" Ford, 16, of Sharon Hill, and Hasein Strand, 18, of Collingdale.
Stollsteimer's office also announced Tuesday that murder charges related to Bility's killing were withdrawn against the two Black teens.
Ford is still facing charges for his "attempt to kill Strand," according to the release.

Interesting.

So the two teens were shooting, and the cops shot back (recklessly in the eyes of the DA) and hit some bystanders, killing one. Now the cops are being charged for shooting the bystanders.

Isn't this similar to the situation where two people commit a home invasion, the homeowner kills one of them, and the other gets charged with his buddy's murder? Since the teens initiated the crime, and the bystanders were injured during that crime, shouldn't the teens be charged?

I'm not saying that the cops should NOT be charged as well, perhaps they should. But it seems odd that the teens would get off scot-free in that regard.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess I'd have to see more details, like where everyone was positioned

From what I can gather the cops weren't shooting anywhere near the teens that kicked this off

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
I guess I'd have to see more details, like where everyone was positioned

From what I can gather the cops weren't shooting anywhere near the teens that kicked this off

From initial reports, they essentially heard gunshots, then started firing where they thought they heard them coming from.. which ended up being into a crowd.....

How only one person was killed is probably a miracle..

If that's the case, hang them high...

Just like when NYPD ended up shooting 9 people, as they were trying to stop a guy with a knife from stabbing one of their officers. I'm sorry, you signed up for that shit... You know the risks, you don't get to shoot random members of the public to save your own ass.

I'd rather have an extra couple holes that I may/may not survive, than live with the knowledge that I killed an innocent person.

To justify actions like this, like the NYPD did, is 110% 'we're more important than you, and your lives don't matter'....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

a little over kill?

https://www.toddstarnes.com/national-ne ... nt=firefly

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just a couple of examples of what real cops would do.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Off-duty cop in Spain jumps into action.

US mask enforcer would shoot the robber, the cashier and a couple of shoppers.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CCSO deputy shoots, kills off-duty Vancouver officer; details unclear
https://www.koin.com/news/washington/clarkco-deputy-shoots-kills-person-after-robbery-report-turns-into-chase/

Quote:
According to CCSO, the robbery suspect fled the scene in a vehicle that was reported stolen. Deputies said they found the suspect and pursued him to a home, which KOIN 6 News revealed through property records to belong to Vancouver police officer Donald Sahota. It is unclear how the suspect ended up at Sahota’s home near Battle Ground.

CCSO said the robbery suspect contacted someone at the house, and a deputy fired their gun. On Sunday, the Vancouver Police Department announced Sahota had been killed at his home.

Not a lot of details

Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some details are leaking, and stories are getting updated…

“ A Clark County Sheriff's deputy unintentionally shot and killed an off-duty Vancouver police officer as the officer was scuffling with an armed robbery suspect….”

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/ ... 17de1997bd

Last edited by NWGunner on Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ Hmmm. This will be interesting to follow.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your chances, as a law-abiding citizen, of being “unintentionally” shot by an undertrained trigger-happy cop in the US are much higher than chances of being shot by a criminal.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Some details are leaking, and stories are getting updated…

“ A Clark County Sheriff's deputy unintentionally shot and killed an off-duty Vancouver police officer as the officer was scuffling with an armed robbery suspect….”

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/ ... 17de1997bd

'unintentionally'..

So, the gun just went off by itself?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He got Baldwinned.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

More details...

Off-Duty Officer Fatally Shot By Deputy
https://1190kex.iheart.com/featured/portland-local-news/content/2022-01-31-off-duty-officer-fatally-shot-by-deputy/

Quote:
...The female caller told emergency dispatch her husband was an armed

off-duty Vancouver Police Officer and had exited their residence onto the driveway in front of their home in an

attempt to detain the suspect for responding officers. The suspect then became aggressive and engaged in a physical

fight with the off-duty officer while the female caller was still on the phone with emergency dispatch.

The off-duty officer lost control of his firearm and suffered several stab wounds during the struggle with the suspect.

The suspect broke free from the struggle and ran toward the officer’s residence which was occupied by the officer’s

wife, who was still on the phone with emergency dispatch.

The off-duty officer was able to recover his firearm that he lost control of during the struggle then ran after the

suspect who was attempting to enter his home while still in possession of the instrument used to stab him. Within

seconds of responding law enforcement officers arriving on scene, one Clark County Deputy Sheriff fired several

rounds from a rifle striking the off-duty officer.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well that’s messed up.

It will be interesting to see how the investigation turns out.

Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 47  Next