Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 47  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
:popcorn:

4:33 "if I ever come across you again you are going over that bridge"

Amongst MANY others...

That's the kind of quick tempered fool that will either kill, or get killed because he power-tripped and scared the wrong person. Hopefully the incident made it to his superiors, and they take appropriate action.

Tue May 19, 2020 8:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Amongst MANY others...

That's the kind of quick tempered fool that will either kill, or get killed because he power-tripped and scared the wrong person. Hopefully the incident made it to his superiors, and they take appropriate action.

Apparently he has already been sued for kicking someone in handcuffs... It appears the case was dismissed, citing qualified immunity....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue May 19, 2020 8:46 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

That is a REALLY agitated cop! Real "hot dog". Could be insane.

But you have to have the suspect behind your cruiser, out of camera and microphone range before he could have "unexpectedly and suddenly ran from custody and jumped over the bridge to his death".

To do otherwise would not be polite, a complete faux pas in most social circles.
Imaging having to explain that to the people at the polo club.

Tue May 19, 2020 8:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Amongst MANY others...

Trooper has had legal action taken against him in the past, for kicking a suspect who was in handcuffs.

https://casetext.com/case/stiggle-v-fre ... 030612-jan

Cop said he has 14 months and can't wait. Then deliberately destroys the kid's property. (After threatening him with arrest because it wasn't in the right container. He didn't arrest, because he knew it would get thrown out, since the kid had a card.)

Cop should be immediately fired with no pension. (This was obviously not the only time he has completely lost his temper. And this, over someone flipping him the bird!) Let him think about how easy it would have been to control his temper for just 14 more months. And what it cost him, not to.

At the very least he should have his ass sat behind a desk for the rest of his time before retirement. For his own safety, and the safety of others.

He screams that he would be doing his job, if the kid hadn't flipped him the bird. What kind of whacked out logic is that? He is following someone, doing his job. Some kid comes along and flips him the bird, now suddenly he has to quit doing his job, and go batshit crazy on the kid who flipped him off. Who held a gun to his head and forced him to do that?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue May 19, 2020 9:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Police officer kills a man by kneeling on his neck:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/minneapol ... via=mobile

Tue May 26, 2020 9:24 am

https://youtu.be/aS8eD4B3mYM

Tue May 26, 2020 9:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article242669831.html

Quote:
Two Kentucky constables allegedly falsely arrested an undercover FBI agent helping investigate them on suspicions of stealing money confiscated in drug cases.

Oops. :popcorn:

Quote:
Wallace and Baldock were charged in a sealed indictment in late February, and FBI special-tactics teams went to arrest them at their homes early on March 6.

The FBI arrested Wallace without incident, but Baldock shot at agents, who fired back. One agent was shot in the hand and arm and Baldock was shot in the chest.

Got in a shootout with FBI agents.... That's a good way to prove you're innocent after you've been caught red handed... :rofl9:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue May 26, 2020 4:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:

Ehhh....

I don't think that's the case. Yes, it looks like he had difficulty breathing, but I don't think it was because of the neck.

Dude had been fighting the officers, per reports. I'm betting he had a heart attack. Negligence for not getting medical aid, sure. But I'm not seeing the 'omg white cop murdered unarmed black man in handcuffs' that everyone else is yelling.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue May 26, 2020 4:51 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

Ehhh....

I don't think that's the case. Yes, it looks like he had difficulty breathing, but I don't think it was because of the neck.

Dude had been fighting the officers, per reports. I'm betting he had a heart attack. Negligence for not getting medical aid, sure. But I'm not seeing the 'omg white cop murdered unarmed black man in handcuffs' that everyone else is yelling.

I've been seeing the headlines splashed everywhere, "white cop kills black man by kneeling on his neck," the mayor is crazy, they fired four officers before they even did an investigation . . . and I was prepared to call bullshit on it. In fact, I still call bullshit on the race-baiting headlines, I doubt that race had anything to do with it.

But I just watched the video: https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CUzlr_1590497244

Oh man . . . perhaps the inital neck-kneeling was justified, I don't know because as usual we didn't see what led up to the situation. However, that cop stayed on his neck for a LONG TIME after he was apparently unresponsive.

Honestly, it made me wonder what would have happened if someone in the crowd had pulled a gun to defend the black dude's life, and if they would have been justified in shooting the cops.

That video was disturbing.

I'd be interested to hear other perspectives, if you've watched the video.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue May 26, 2020 6:55 pm

That seemed excessive. The guy was in cuffs. I could maybe see using a knee to the neck if he was really putting up a fight, but at some point it's gotta be time to switch tactics if he is complaining he can't breath, which he obviously couldn't since he died.

Not sure where someone got heart attack from.... Unless there has been some release of this guy's medical records of which I'm unaware. Or I misinterpreted and it's was just conjecture.

Is there a reason the officer had his hands in his pockets while kneeling in the suspects neck? At first glance it gives off some unfavorable optics (seems to add a casualness to the whole act of kneeling on someone's neck), but after giving it a thought, perhaps there is a tactical reason for doing this? I really can't think of any given the guy was already cuffed, but Im open to learning new things

Tue May 26, 2020 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Absent any context, if you can speak the words, "I can't breathe" more than once, then you can breathe.
I think it's kind of a dick move to repeatedly order a guy to get up and get in the back of the car while kneeling on his neck.

Wed May 27, 2020 8:18 am

I watched the entire video, that cop straight-up murdered that man. You can see the life leaving his body as people plead with him to let him breathe

Wed May 27, 2020 8:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Honestly, it made me wonder what would have happened if someone in the crowd had pulled a gun to defend the black dude's life, and if they would have been justified in shooting the cops.

I understand the sentiment there but would it matter to you if you were justified if you had 20 or thirty police bullets in your lifeless body for doing the justifiable and right thing? Sort of a lose-lose.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Wed May 27, 2020 9:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like the cop is gonna get crucified. I've never heard of this Mayor before, but my take is a pandering fool.

Press conference video:
https://youtu.be/eAjUeXTf56s

Wed May 27, 2020 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalTuna wrote:
I watched the entire video, that cop straight-up murdered that man. You can see the life leaving his body as people plead with him to let him breathe
100%.
I don't care what happened in the lead up. That was murder. The other officers not stepping in makes them accessories to the crime.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Wed May 27, 2020 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 47  Next