Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:50 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 45  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Polk County Sheriff holds deputies accountable..

Good on him, bad on the deputies..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5CCUdu7xFI

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EDIT: They took down the video.

Last edited by snozzberries on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chicago PD unlawfully detains and assaults man, because of his facial expression...

WTF.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

2 bad cops, no donuts.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He sure didn't want to follow any orders, now did he?

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
2 bad cops, no donuts.

When idiots collide.

Dude had no plates. His temp tag was behind illegal tint and not visible. When he was pulled over, he failed to yield and continued for over a mile before he finally pulled over. At this point, to an officer, it would appear that the vehicle is probably stolen, and he's either trying to hide something, or get access to something, and failed to yield...

Dude was an idiot for not complying and taking so long to pull over. Cops are idiots for using the type of language they did and letting adrenaline get the better of them, and unnecessarily escalating the situation. As hopped up as these guys are, I wouldn't be reaching to undo my seatbelt either....

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
2 bad cops, no donuts.

When idiots collide.

Dude had no plates. His temp tag was behind illegal tint and not visible. When he was pulled over, he failed to yield and continued for over a mile before he finally pulled over. At this point, to an officer, it would appear that the vehicle is probably stolen, and he's either trying to hide something, or get access to something, and failed to yield...

Dude was an idiot for not complying and taking so long to pull over. Cops are idiots for using the type of language they did and letting adrenaline get the better of them, and unnecessarily escalating the situation. As hopped up as these guys are, I wouldn't be reaching to undo my seatbelt either....

Good synopsis.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
2 bad cops, no donuts.

When idiots collide.

Good synopsis.

Oh,sorry, I meant. fuck those piece of shit cops just trying to kill a black manz!

:bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tint was legal and you can see it on the right hand side. He put his emergency flashers on and drove at a slow speed to a well lit area which he has the right to do. The cops were hyped up before they got out of there cars....one cop has already been fired

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:
Tint was legal and you can see it on the right hand side. He put his emergency flashers on and drove at a slow speed to a well lit area which he has the right to do. The cops were hyped up before they got out of there cars....one cop has already been fired

^^This.

I back the Blue and wore the Green for two decades. The Soldier did exactly what I recall being taught to do if ever in a similar situation (hazard lights, slow speed, stop in a well-lit area, be polite and professional). With that said, the cops could have handled themselves better in this situation. That was a "you made me chase you so now I'm pissed moment." Right around the 3:45 mark, the junior officer appeared to realize he "stepped in some ish" and wanted to say something, but didn't. I've seen that same expression on countless junior Soldiers over the years; they witness their buddy something wrong or "ill-advised", but lack the intestinal fortitude to speak up.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Right around the 3:45 mark, the junior officer appeared to realize he "stepped in some ish" and wanted to say something, but didn't. I've seen that same expression on countless junior Soldiers over the years; they witness their buddy something wrong or "ill-advised", but lack the intestinal fortitude to speak up.

They're trained to not question things, and go with the flow.

'Back the blue'...'thin blue line' etc

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chandlor.randall wrote:
codfather wrote:

^^This.

I back the Blue and wore the Green for two decades. The Soldier did exactly what I recall being taught to do if ever in a similar situation (hazard lights, slow speed, stop in a well-lit area, be polite and professional). With that said, the cops could have handled themselves better in this situation. That was a "you made me chase you so now I'm pissed moment." Right around the 3:45 mark, the junior officer appeared to realize he "stepped in some ish" and wanted to say something, but didn't. I've seen that same expression on countless junior Soldiers over the years; they witness their buddy something wrong or "ill-advised", but lack the intestinal fortitude to speak up.

I'll agree with that, and saw the same thing.

However, once he stopped, if he had simply done as he was told, immediately, I don't think he would have had a problem.

Yeah, they were pissed that they'd had to 'chase' him. But if he had simply done as he was told, they would probably have cooled off. Instead he intentionally ignored what they were telling him to do, and kept insisting that they now do as he was asking, instead. Talk to him in the way he wanted to be talked to...

It took two sides for that particular tango to develop.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
chandlor.randall wrote:
codfather wrote:

^^This.

However, once he stopped, if he had simply done as he was told, immediately, I don't think he would have had a problem.

Yeah, they were pissed that they'd had to 'chase' him. But if he had simply done as he was told, they would probably have cooled off. Instead he intentionally ignored what they were telling him to do, and kept insisting that they now do as he was asking, instead. Talk to him in the way he wanted to be talked to...

I agree with you; it takes two to tango. I generally see eye to eye with you, which is why I don't have to say much on this forum; you usually be me to it. But given today's political climate, the mainstream media constantly telling you that if you're black the cops are going to kill you, it's within reason to assume the the young LT acted out of fear. I also would like to point out that he's a 2LT. That's enough on it's own.

Even me, being the well tanned, conservative American that I am, I'm a little more "vigilant" than I might have been in years past.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chandlor.randall wrote:
Selador wrote:
chandlor.randall wrote:
codfather wrote:

^^This.

I agree with you; it takes two to tango. I generally see eye to eye with you, which is why I don't have to say much on this forum; you usually be me to it. But given today's political climate, the mainstream media constantly telling you that if you're black the cops are going to kill you, it's within reason to assume the the young LT acted out of fear. I also would like to point out that he's a 2LT. That's enough on it's own.

Even me, being the well tanned, conservative American that I am, I'm a little more "vigilant" than I might have been in years past.

I agree it is smart to be more vigilant.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 45  Next