Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:40 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am afraid of incompetent, under-trained, trigger-happy cops more than I am afraid of criminals.
BTW, I've eight years of LE full-commission service on my record.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:25 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

recent threads showing LEO Random Acts of Kindness... Merged.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, it’s very unfortunate that the mom got shot. She was trying to be helpful. But:

- Mom ignored the officer’s command (multiple times) to step back
- The cop was being overpowered and was justified to shoot, in my opinion

So, I’m calling it an unfortunate accident, not poor police work.

Yeah, maybe she should have waited for backup. But if she had, the suspect could well have been upstairs by then, and perhaps retrieved a weapon.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"I am stronger than you!"

There are many strong, properly trained, physically fitted and mentally prepared female LE officers.
Unfortunately, this woman is not one of them. Should be working in the office, not on the streets, as it requires an additional amount of brain and guts.
MHO

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:04 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Deputy Negligently Shoots Suspect's Mother.

Yeah, that's negligence in my book. Guns don't go off "accidentally."

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:13 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Nice kick to the throat!

Mood of the situation sure changed when back up showed.

Not to criticize but by the tone of her arms she looks like maybe getting in better shape would be priority.

Hard to have authority when you dont look like you can kick some ass.

I beleive hes lucky to be alive...she showed restraint.....flat on her back? Him coming at her, she could have shot him ....MY Opinion.

Some electroshock therapy here would have worked wonders.....Taze me Bro

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Last edited by WaJim on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:

There are many strong, properly trained, physically fitted and mentally prepared female LE officers.
Unfortunately, this woman is not one of them. Should be working in the office, not on the streets, as it requires an additional amount of brain and guts.
MHO

I concur

You see how the second cop handled the drunk guy and got him under control very quickly.

This is why Women should have to pass the same tests as men, she was/is not physically able to do the job, she should find another line of work.

You may see this as sexist, but yes I see a difference between the sexes and there are some jobs men cannot do and some that women cannot do.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:48 am
Profile WWW

I dont think women should go on patrol.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:48 am

You guys think the guy was drunk....maybe so but as a person that has experience dealing with people that have head injuries I am hearing something else in this guy. I am hearing someone that has cognitive issues in addition to maybe being drunk. That female officer is INCOMPETENT in addition to being a tubby. Once he retreated into the house she should have waited until backup arrived. I see a lawsuit if the officer is not charged. These kind of cops give the good ones a bad name and need to be weeded out.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

MHO

I concur

You see how the second cop handled the drunk guy and got him under control very quickly.

This is why Women should have to pass the same tests as men, she was/is not physically able to do the job, she should find another line of work.

You may see this as sexist, but yes I see a difference between the sexes and there are some jobs men cannot do and some that women cannot do.
At least in WA the standards are the same for men and women. Personally I think the standards are rather low (max is 54sec on 300m sprint, 35 pushups untimed, 38 situps in a min and 1.5 miles in 13:35), and the physical fitness test should be more like the new army ACFT. It is a much better measure of functional strength.

As far as female LEOs go, I know several that are more fit and exercise better judgement than plenty of males. There are plenty of situations that females are better suited to handle than men.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
I dont think women should go on patrol.

As long as they all meet the same standards, I don't see why they shouldn't.

I've seen quite a few situations that were defused because the guy refused to talk to anyone.... until they saw the deputy /officer /EMT was female...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:04 am

Traut wrote:
It's a shame all LEO's don't have your vast field experience confronting hardened criminals at hardware stores and city parks, to fall back on.

Pick any proffession and go looking for foul ups, and even accidental deaths, if you make it your mission to find bad situations, you will find them.

~
Because we give them the color of authority, carry of weapons and use of deadly force when warranted, they must be held to a much higher standard

Personally I have zero use for cops, I can protect myself

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some positive examples:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/ ... razil.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 50726.html

And not so positive:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ty-murder/

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:01 am

~
This guy is a retired ex cop who reports on the more common than you think police bad acting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjeTiSAM3r0&t=1706s

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good lord.

The first piece of equipment everyone should invest in... is themselves. Mental and physical training.

This guy seemed drunk at first, but his body and verbal language led me to believe he is mentally handicapped in some way. Talks like a young teenager. That doesn’t negate the fact he could hurt the deputy but it should influence the approach to de-escalation.

@4:30 summed it up honestly. Control. The deputy just wanted it her way or the highway, and her way really sucked.

No effective tactics - physical or mental, she was not ready to fire (evidenced when she had a gun pointed at the suspects head in a tussle), nor did she have control of herself or her tools.

I cringed watching the video of her pistol on the ground and hearing the other officer have to coach her to keep himself safe.

I have a friend whose saying is... “I’d rather talk you to death than shoot ya”. It’s a shame we have to see these action packed videos vs glossing over boring lectures.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next