Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 47  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

Twitter account deleted?

Yeah, it looks like it was.
There was the hilarious Benny Hill-style video of two Montreal Police female officers trying to put handcuffs on skinny white dude.
He didn’t fight them, just resisted passively. Then he just ran away from them.
All they’ve got was his jacket! :ROFLMAO:
Bystanders were cheerleading him!
Cops jumped into the patrol car, left the handcuffs on the sidewalk…
Probably another attempt to arrest wuflu non-compliant citizen: this time - unsuccessful.

Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Minneapolis PD roams the streets shooting random people with less lethal....

One man decided to shoot at the men firing at him from the unmarked van, when he realized it was police, he put down his gun. They then ran up to him and kicked him in the head, even though he was compliant.

They charged him, and all charges were (rightfully) dropped.

This is the behavior the department is trying to justify... and it's a shame none of those 'officers' were killed.

wow, so this is what life is like behind enemy lines? I haven't worn a mask or dealt with any restrictions on my freedom since moving here.....

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Considering that while one officer was trying to cuff him, the other one kicking and punching probably wasn't much help. Makes one wonder how many "resisting arrest" shootings by police, actually represent murder, because abusive behavior changes to self-defense when the suspect is not as coolheaded as this gentleman in the video.
And even though he wasn't on target, that's an admirable rapid fire group. Kudos to him not stringing shots everywhere.

Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad cop.

Cop says someone is tailgating, makes a 360* turn to get behind him, and then REAR ENDS HIM when he pulls over... then arrests the driver, a disabled vet, when he tells the officer that he doesn't need the ID of his passenger... for..get this... disorderly conduct.

WTF..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a trigger-happy motherfucker!
That's why I am more afraid of cops than criminals.
Note the URL: sports.yahoo!
WTF?! I am not saying that poor man did the right thing by shooting his AR into the air, but... Is blind shooting a police sport now?
:facepalm2:
BTW, most firearms are capable of shooting blanks. Just saying.

Man shot and killed by police while firing weapon to celebrate New Year.
https://sports.yahoo.com/know-canton-po ... 50298.html

Quote:
Authorities have released body camera footage from a deadly shooting involving a Canton police officer that took place early Saturday morning. The footage begins with an officer outside of a home in the 2300 block of 10th Street Southwest shortly after midnight. He can be heard relaying information about his location when gunshots ring out from a fenced-in area nearby.

“The officer, who was outside of his vehicle, confronted a subject that began shooting a firearm. The officer, in fear for his safety, fired his duty weapon at the subject and struck him.”

Authorities say the man was taken to an area hospital, but later died. He has since been identified as 46 year-old James Williams. The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is investigating the situation.

Williams’ wife told the Canton Repository that he was shooting celebratory gunfire into the air to ring in the New Year. “Out of the blue, he said he got shot, he got hit. I don’t know where it came from. Nobody said anything. They didn’t say, ‘Police.’ They didn’t say, ‘Freeze.’ They didn’t say, ‘Drop your weapon.’ They just shot him.”

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
What a trigger-happy motherfucker!
That's why I am more afraid of cops than criminals.
Note the URL: sports.yahoo!
WTF?! I am not saying that poor man did the right thing by shooting his AR into the air, but... Is blind shooting a police sport now?
:facepalm2:
BTW, most firearms are capable of shooting blanks. Just saying.

Man shot and killed by police while firing weapon to celebrate New Year.
https://sports.yahoo.com/know-canton-po ... 50298.html

Quote:
Authorities have released body camera footage from a deadly shooting involving a Canton police officer that took place early Saturday morning. The footage begins with an officer outside of a home in the 2300 block of 10th Street Southwest shortly after midnight. He can be heard relaying information about his location when gunshots ring out from a fenced-in area nearby.

“The officer, who was outside of his vehicle, confronted a subject that began shooting a firearm. The officer, in fear for his safety, fired his duty weapon at the subject and struck him.”

Authorities say the man was taken to an area hospital, but later died. He has since been identified as 46 year-old James Williams. The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is investigating the situation.

Williams’ wife told the Canton Repository that he was shooting celebratory gunfire into the air to ring in the New Year. “Out of the blue, he said he got shot, he got hit. I don’t know where it came from. Nobody said anything. They didn’t say, ‘Police.’ They didn’t say, ‘Freeze.’ They didn’t say, ‘Drop your weapon.’ They just shot him.”

When idiots collide.

Firing off a gun into the air in a suburban area = stupid as shit.
Cop gave no warning, just started firing at a dude with a gun.

Ehh...

As much as I wanna be mad at this one, I can't..

But also, from his perspective, he heard shots fired, went to investigate, and sees dude with a rifle just firing rounds....and one can even argue that the act itself (firing a gun into the air in a populated area) can be lethal force as we all know that stray bullets can, and have, killed people miles away... I can all but guarantee there won't be a prosecution on this.. Also guarantee that since the 'victim' isn't white, the race card will be thrown around...

I think the question boils down to... 'Do we need to stop him RIGHT NOW, before he kills someone?' or 'Do we need to get him to put down the rifle so we can arrest his dumb ass?'.. I don't think they needed to shoot him right then and there.. Issue commands, get him disarmed, then throw the book at him.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:
When idiots collide.

Good summary. I fucking hate that the guy was shooting into the air like that . . . but with that off my chest, I think it was pretty clear even from the body camera that he was just shooting into the air. Combine that with the date and time (i.e., New Years), and I think the answer is pretty obvious.

That officer fucked up badly, is my opinion.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
When idiots collide.

Good summary. I fucking hate that the guy was shooting into the air like that . . . but with that off my chest, I think it was pretty clear even from the body camera that he was just shooting into the air. Combine that with the date and time (i.e., New Years), and I think the answer is pretty obvious.

That officer fucked up badly, is my opinion.

Yup. Put that guy out in the country, shooting in his back yard, with a backstop, and I'd be calling for a mob based lynching... But in this circumstance, you have 2 idiots that ran into each other, and unfortunately, the law will be on the side of the officer, and while I think his actions were shit, they have a legal, and, some would argue moral, justification in shooting, although, again, really shitty decision making on the officer's part.

This is where the whole 'warrior cop' mentality and 'anyone with a gun is a threat' becomes an issue. Anyone who has been detained merely for legal open carrying knows this, and we see the results of armed, law abiding (or in this case, not so law abiding) citizens that get shot when there are other options. Even the courts have ruled in numerous cases that armed ≠ dangerous.

Also, I'm betting they're taught, and rightfully so, that anyone shooting a gun is a threat, and commands aren't needed if the threat is there and commands aren't necessary if action is.

Just.. too much fuckery on the other side for me to say this was 100% the officer's fault.. and, even if the officer did announce/order him to drop it, I doubt he'd be able to hear him anyway, as he'd probably either be partially deaf from firing the gun with no ears, or had ears on and wouldn't be able to hear the officer. I doubt the type of guy shooting an AR in the air, in an urban/suburban environment in his backyard would be wearing ears, let alone high quality electronic ones that would allow him to hear an officer giving commands over the shots of his rifle, presumably in 223.

This is one of those situations where you just gotta say 'you both fucked up, majorly'... However, again, the officer was legally, and borderline morally, justified in shooting.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The cop is shooting through a wooden fence....what is his back stop...another house???

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:
The cop is shooting through a wooden fence....what is his back stop...another house???

Very good point.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd just like to note that we have finally found a situation where I am ready to lynch the cop, and TW is pseudo-sticking up for him. The whole world is upside-down! :ROFLMAO:

At first I thought the cop was shooting through the fence too, but I wonder if it was just the angle of the bodycam. Maybe the cop could actually see over the fence? BI guess if he could, then there's even more reason that he should have seen that the guy was just blasting into the air....

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a pretty clear cut one:

https://twitter.com/unioncounsel/status ... -OskQ&s=19

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

scrid2000 wrote:

LMAO, that's nuts...

However, I gotta say, that excuse (playing Pokemon) is just as good as whatever reason the prosecutors would have come up with not to charge or convict the bank robbers, had they been caught.... :wink05:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I'd just like to note that we have finally found a situation where I am ready to lynch the cop, and TW is pseudo-sticking up for him. The whole world is upside-down! :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
Eight-year-old girl killed at high school football game likely shot by police, authorities say
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/02/girl-shooting-football-game-police-sharon-hill
He said investigators had determined shots were fired on the street outside the football stadium, with at least one fired in the direction of three Sharon Hill police officers who were monitoring the crowd as it left the football game.
Stollsteimer said the officers returned fire, probably striking four members of the crowd.
“Tragically, our investigation has now determined that there is a high probability that the responsive gunfire of the Sharon Hill police officers struck four victims, including the shots that killed eight-year-old Fanta Bility and wounded her sister,” Stollsteimer said in a written release.
As long as the officer got to go home at the end of the night....
Also, I heard that they didn't even identify a suspect, they just heard gunshots and started firing in the general direction of where they thought they came from, which was a crowd.

*Update*

Fanta Bility shooting: 3 officers charged in Sharon Hill shooting that left girl dead, 3 others hurt
https://www.fox29.com/news/3-officers-charged-in-shooting-that-killed-fanta-bility-wounded-3-others-in-sharon-hill
Quote:
Officers Devon Smith, Sean Dolan, and Brian Devaney are each charged with a total of twelve criminal counts of manslaughter and reckless endangerment for their actions that night, Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer announced Tuesday.
Authorities had previously charged two teens in connection with the initial gunshots that were fired - Angelo "AJ" Ford, 16, of Sharon Hill, and Hasein Strand, 18, of Collingdale.
Stollsteimer's office also announced Tuesday that murder charges related to Bility's killing were withdrawn against the two Black teens.
Ford is still facing charges for his "attempt to kill Strand," according to the release.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 47  Next