Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:40 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 46  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:
Is a police taser a one time and done or can you use it more then once??

Newer models have 2 shots before needing a reload, with virtually unlimited drive stuns, in the context of tussling on the ground.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
codfather wrote:
Is a police taser a one time and done or can you use it more then once??

Newer models have 2 shots before needing a reload, with virtually unlimited drive stuns, in the context of tussling on the ground.
Also, if the probes stay attached you can re-apply the taser as many times as you want. Most current models have a 5sec cycle. It is NOT recommended to re-apply but situation dictates may require further application.

Most times you should be one and done, and suspects do die (rarely but it happens) from multiple applications.

I have seen rare occurrences where multiple applications were necessary for the suspect's safety (i.e. they would face lethal force next).

Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, that was a good shoot, IMO.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:55 pm

MadPick wrote:
Yeah, that was a good shoot, IMO.

Doesn't matter --- BLM is going raise wholly shit over it.....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu May 05, 2022 4:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

These are expensive and haven't really been adopted widely. From what I understand, there's only a couple cars equipped with it as a testing platform because it was provided for free by the manufacturer.

Looks like his demo is paying off....

I saw these when they were being prototyped and I was impressed, but knew that adoption was gonna be an uphill battle. Good to see it's actually being used more frequently.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu May 05, 2022 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cops shoot man who is compliant and has hands up... then shoots him 7 more times as he lay on the ground with his hands up.

Luckily, they were indicted..but.. only manslaughter?

https://www.swoknews.com/community_news ... 93b6f.html

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon May 09, 2022 8:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[quote="RocketScott"][/quote]

the comment about stopping someone from blowing through that next intersection sold me. Save that mini-van carrying my kids home from practice.

OR keeping officers out of harms way!! Spike stripping is sofa king dangerous. RIP Officer Moreno Kent PD.

Mon May 09, 2022 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Details coming out about the Halifax shooting last year

The guy had a fake patrol car that they had trouble identifying. His spree lasted for 13 hours over two days yet the RCMP didn't think alerting the public would be a good idea

RCMP officers privately warned their loved ones that a killer was on the loose, but didn’t warn the broader public
https://www.halifaxexaminer.ca/featured/rcmp-officers-privately-warned-their-loved-ones-that-a-killer-was-on-the-loose-but-didnt-warn-the-broader-public/

Quote:
“I get a text message from a friend at 11:25 telling me of the direction to stay inside and lock doors, and that there was an active shooter in the area,” said McCulloch. “She received a call from a friend of hers who had family who were RCMP members, and they conveyed a private alert to their loved ones.”

“So that’s how I learned of the mass casualty event — not through Twitter, not through Facebook, not through Alert Ready, but because I was lucky to have a friend who had a member of the RCMP as a family member, who was alerting their loved ones.”

RCMP claims that emergency alerts cause public panic are unfounded: N.S. shooting inquiry
https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-claims-that-emergency-alerts-cause-public-panic-are-unfounded-n-s-shooting-inquiry-1.5900454

Quote:
RCMP officers have told the inquiry that had police issued a public alert about a killer driving a replica patrol car, it would have caused a "frantic panic" among the public and put officers in danger. RCMP have also suggested 911 operators could have been overwhelmed by callers seeking information about the killings on April 18-19, 2020.

Mon May 16, 2022 5:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wouldn't this be entrapment?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri May 20, 2022 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

fucked up all the way around. if I find a box on my porch addressed to me i'm going to open it. and I guess get arrested? imagine what they'd do if you actually touched the box. all those sacks of shit should be flipping burgers.

edit: oh hell yeah, finished the end and saw it

Fri May 20, 2022 9:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

PG county shot/killed a mayor's dog, and invaded his house, because someone used his address as a drop for drugs..... They intercepted the package, then used a cop to deliver it... They then tackled the mayor, ransacked his house, shot his dog, etc. One of the dogs, a golden retriever, was chased down and shot in the back, as it was running away.... The report said it was 'justified', because a loose dog is a potential threat....

It's not an uncommon thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_He ... _drug_raid

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri May 20, 2022 10:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Florida officer is charged after a botched arrest resulted in an explosion that left a suspect with burns over much of his body
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/19/us/florida-deputy-charged-explosion-arrest/?dicbo=v2-3b75fba9179559901f8195661df46d0c&iid=ob_mobile_article_footer_expansion

Quote:
As Osceola County deputies were attempting to arrest Jean Barreto, 26, at a gas station on February 27, an explosion erupted which burned 75% of Baretto's body and injured several of the deputies, according to Osceola County Sheriff Marcos Lopez.

Deputy David Crawford is charged with misdemeanor culpable negligence after he discharged a Taser near gasoline before the explosion, Lopez said at a news conference.

Tue May 31, 2022 4:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Light 'em up!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue May 31, 2022 5:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Policing for Profit: An Ongoing Alabama Investigation
https://sites.uab.edu/humanrights/2022/02/09/policing-for-profit-an-ongoing-alabama-investigation/

Quote:
Nine full-time officers for a town that stretches six miles, has no traffic lights, and has a population of 1,253 people is “far larger than average.”

According to the 2018 FBI Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR), the average size of a police force in the southern United States was three officers per 1,000 residents. As of last year, Brookside had one police officer per 144 residents

As of January 2021, the department announced via Facebook that it had hired six more officers, in order to “expand our dedication and commitment to provide superior community service & protection.” The Facebook page is no longer available to the public

The lack of transparency does not stop there. While Chief Jones and Mayor Mike Bryan claimed that “neither the town nor the police department relies on the revenue” police officers bring in, audits by Philip Morgan & Co. showed that the town was indeed dependent on the ticket money

From 2018 to 2020, spending on police alone increased 560%, from $79,000 to $524,000. The correlation is reason for causation, for total arrests (custodial, misdemeanor, and felony) rose 1,109% from 2018 to 2020

Additionally, the BPD issued more than 3,000 citations in 2020 – a 692% increase from 2018

The revenue that was brought in increased overall town spending 112% from 2018 to 2020

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 46  Next