Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Capn Blood wrote:

Personally I have zero use for cops, I can protect myself

Their job is to investigate crime, not to protect any individual citizen. SCOTUS said so.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What happens when a ship’s captain accidentally, or negligently, causes injury or death to someone?

A truck driver?

A plumber?

A pilot?

A lineman?

A mechanic?

A physician?

They’re all held to higher standards of conduct and so should LE. Most LE are good at their job, some suck at it. To talk about the sucky ones, doesn’t make a person a cop hater, nor should it subject them to ridicule and persecution.

If that were the case every mechanic and physician in the world could sue for slander.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
What happens when a ship’s captain accidentally, or negligently, causes injury or death to someone?

A truck driver?

A plumber?

A pilot?

A lineman?

A mechanic?

A physician?

They’re all held to higher standards of conduct and so should LE. Most LE are good at their job, some suck at it. To talk about the sucky ones, doesn’t make a person a cop hater, nor should it subject them to ridicule and persecution.

If that were the case every mechanic and physician in the world could sue for slander.

You sir have one the internet today :thumbsup2:

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll be very fair and not "armchair quaterback."

This 10+ minute catastrophe slowly unfolded and the officer had dozens of opportunities to withdraw and reassess. Nothing here was urgent or exigent. Nothing required lethal force until she foolishly engaged in a drawn out ego-battle resulting in very predictable resisting and then hand-to-hand fight for life.

The weaker FEMALE officer made a LOT of mistakes; tactical, procedural, and intellectual, and ultimately firearms handling.

This was not an "accidental" this was a "negligent" discharge. Negligent meaning fully avoidable.

I suspect this is the direct result of lowered police morale across the board, resulting in lowered quality of applicants, resulting in low quality recruits. We end up with a woman who is incapable of good decision making, incapable of spotting many warning signs of a violent confrontation, and incapable making a solo arrest, and then needing to draw her weapon when easily overpowered, and then firing and missing her target.

Issues:
1. A (petty?) larceny theft arrest did not require hands on or following suspect into house alone. REALLY dumb. Wait for partner(s). Suspect isn't going anywhere. She also failed to tell him he's under arrest, turn around, put hands behind back, etc. Very clumsy arrest attempt.

2. The 10 minute argument in the house was hard to watch, so many mistakes. Suspect repeatedly balled up fists. Ego argument ensued. If the only reason she feels "capable" is because she is armed, then that is a bad reason. Leave the house, wait for backup. Or at least just calmly talk to him until backup arrives.

3. Going hands on with a really big man twice her size and strength was a recipe to require her to draw her gun. This was her biggest mistake. There was no rush. No need. He was sitting on the stairs. Let it be, wait for backup.

* Evaluate: Now, over a petty theft, this has become a lethal encounter. Someone, her, him, mom, etc. may easily DIE over what amounts to nothing of material value. Probably a fine, or slap on the wrist. But her actions, all of them, leading to this moment, hands on, following him in, physical fight for life, drawing her gun, etc. over nothing and her escalation, has now threatened the lives of at least 3 people including her own and a innocent woman.

4. Her own terrible actions and pressing physical hands on caused her to lose the struggle, which proximately required her to then engage lethal force, and resulted in shots fired.

This FEMALE has no business being a cop. She's not intellectually quick enough, and not physically strong enough, and a bad decision maker and poor marksman at 10'. Missing her intended target, and worse, hitting an innocent bystander.

At minimum, relieved of the police force. Probably prosecuted for whatever harm caused to a woman in her own home.

Contrast it with the MALE cop who comes in, kicked the snot out of the suspect, and immediately subdued him with his gun drawn and no shots fired.

Yeah, I call balls and strikes. I give cops a LOT of deference but this cop forced a issue that need not be forced, and owns all that bad stuff that happened thereafter.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
I'll be very fair and not "armchair quaterback."...

Yeah, I call balls and strikes....

:ROFLMAO:

Perhaps look up what the term means, 'cause that's exactly what your essay just did...

It's actually called Armchair Quarterbacking, with 2 'r's..

But then you call balls & strikes? :ROFLMAO:

Maybe sports metaphors aren't your thing :thumbsup2:

Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just want to bump this up with the video of the ups driver being killed by police today because he was being held hostage. Police don’t really seem to give a shit anymore.

https://mobile.twitter.com/blackflaghag ... 30208?s=12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speaking of, where the hell did the ups shooting thread go? TW got snuffed?

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
Speaking of, where the hell did the ups shooting thread go? TW got snuffed?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105056

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:43 am

Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:41 am

leadcounsel wrote:
I'll be very fair and not "armchair quaterback."

This 10+ minute catastrophe slowly unfolded and the officer had dozens of opportunities to withdraw and reassess. Nothing here was urgent or exigent. Nothing required lethal force until she foolishly engaged in a drawn out ego-battle resulting in very predictable resisting and then hand-to-hand fight for life.

The weaker FEMALE officer made a LOT of mistakes; tactical, procedural, and intellectual, and ultimately firearms handling.

This was not an "accidental" this was a "negligent" discharge. Negligent meaning fully avoidable.

I suspect this is the direct result of lowered police morale across the board, resulting in lowered quality of applicants, resulting in low quality recruits. We end up with a woman who is incapable of good decision making, incapable of spotting many warning signs of a violent confrontation, and incapable making a solo arrest, and then needing to draw her weapon when easily overpowered, and then firing and missing her target.

Issues:
1. A (petty?) larceny theft arrest did not require hands on or following suspect into house alone. REALLY dumb. Wait for partner(s). Suspect isn't going anywhere. She also failed to tell him he's under arrest, turn around, put hands behind back, etc. Very clumsy arrest attempt.

2. The 10 minute argument in the house was hard to watch, so many mistakes. Suspect repeatedly balled up fists. Ego argument ensued. If the only reason she feels "capable" is because she is armed, then that is a bad reason. Leave the house, wait for backup. Or at least just calmly talk to him until backup arrives.

3. Going hands on with a really big man twice her size and strength was a recipe to require her to draw her gun. This was her biggest mistake. There was no rush. No need. He was sitting on the stairs. Let it be, wait for backup.

* Evaluate: Now, over a petty theft, this has become a lethal encounter. Someone, her, him, mom, etc. may easily DIE over what amounts to nothing of material value. Probably a fine, or slap on the wrist. But her actions, all of them, leading to this moment, hands on, following him in, physical fight for life, drawing her gun, etc. over nothing and her escalation, has now threatened the lives of at least 3 people including her own and a innocent woman.

4. Her own terrible actions and pressing physical hands on caused her to lose the struggle, which proximately required her to then engage lethal force, and resulted in shots fired.

This FEMALE has no business being a cop. She's not intellectually quick enough, and not physically strong enough, and a bad decision maker and poor marksman at 10'. Missing her intended target, and worse, hitting an innocent bystander.

At minimum, relieved of the police force. Probably prosecuted for whatever harm caused to a woman in her own home.

Contrast it with the MALE cop who comes in, kicked the snot out of the suspect, and immediately subdued him with his gun drawn and no shots fired.

Yeah, I call balls and strikes. I give cops a LOT of deference but this cop forced a issue that need not be forced, and owns all that bad stuff that happened thereafter.

Lots wrong with this. Time was on her side, he wasn't pressing the issue. She should have waited for back up. I got a mentally ill vibe more than drunk. In her defense, she might have a history interacting with him before. That can lead an officer to do / attempt actions they would not do with an unknown subject. Just because you have had the same response from an individual 10 out of 10 times is no reason to let your guard down.

Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article238202504.html

Quote:
A Santa Rosa, California, police officer responding to reports of someone pointing a rifle at people fired three rounds at the man but missed, police say. The man actually had a black umbrella.

Well, shit... honest mistake right?

Well, gotta cover your ass...

Quote:
Joshua Oceguera faces charges of criminal threats, assault and brandishing a weapon

:bonghit:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was it one of these?
https://www.amazon.com/MQYH-Novelty-Umb ... B0752HRVL4

Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:06 am

And he missed. Bad cop, no donut.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess this is the new definition of triggered, eh?

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:42 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
I guess this is the new definition of triggered, eh?

Should I have a pickup, I would mount it on the turret.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next