Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Anyone have a tax person in the Bonney lake or Puyallup area 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve used the same lady for years and things are going down hill fast. This is the first year I’ve owed and I don’t understand how? I literally claim zero and have an additional $25 a week taken out. I’ve lost my confidence in her. I’d like to get a second opinion if possible?

Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

do em yourself, it's not that hard maybe 45 min

Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Single 0 with no elaborate investments or crazy real estate stuff is about a 20 min job on any free tax site.

I can help if you have an extension filed; lemme know. I won’t charge you anything.

Have done my own taxes since I started paying taxes. Never audited.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:42 pm

PM sent with info on the accountant my family uses; via PM to obscure my exact location from public view. :)

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you have 0 deductions, you should be even if you only have a W-4 as the source of income, it should work well with your standard deduction (of course some companies HR will screw this up).

IF you earn from other things (such as Interest, Stock Sales, other side gigs) then you will probably owe, because those usually don't withhold taxes.

If you use the standard deduction, you will never get audited (unless you don't report an income or take some credits).

Pretty much all free tax filings will optimize tax returns when you do it yourself and using a CPA doesn't necessarily protect you from penalties if they screw up. Someone can get you set up with one of these if your taxes are simple enough its the way to go.

Owning a house reduced my taxes a lot with the deduction of interest and the new credits from the Inflation Reduction Act (such as spending an extra $200 for a more efficient water heater ended up getting me $2000 in tax credits).

Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:19 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Even as a business owner I’ve used TurboTax for as long as I can remember. Never had an issue, never audited.

You could try plugging in the numbers yourself if you just want to double check her work. You don’t pay for the service unless you actually file with them. Even with having business expenses, owning a house, having 1099 subcontractors, etc it’s easy the way they walk you through it.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]