Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
...after Boeing has fallen?

I hear what you say.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/to ... o-fail.asp

After huge taxpayers' money klyster will be injected, the company more likely will survive.
But, will Seattle survive?

Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MEHH.......next POOP CAPITAL!!!

Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I welcome it, but..... After I sell my house.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:53 pm

It'll be a while before that happens. Even with the current fiasco they're still pumping out planes at full capacity. Plus they already have a lot of expensive infrastructure and skilled workforce living here, which would be expensive to relocate.

Tech companies otoh are a lot easier to relocate.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys are overreacting. It's a Temporary halt in production, it's not a closure. Nobody is being laid off and the sky isn't falling.
Until the FAA is done scrutinizing everything it doesn't make sense to keep building more.
There are over 400 of them waiting to be delivered now. When it's allowed to return to service it will be probably the safest Airliner in the World after all the scrutiny and testing.
It's horrible what happened with the Ethiopian and Lyon Air crashes, but I am confident that Boeing will make the correct modifications to the MCAS system so that will never happen again.

Oh, and before the " Would you fly on a MAX?" Yes I would, without hesitation.

....and there will not be any "Taxpayer" money involved.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
You guys are overreacting. It's a Temporary halt in production, it's not a closure. Nobody is being laid off and the sky isn't falling.
Until the FAA is done scrutinizing everything it doesn't make sense to keep building more.
There are over 400 of them waiting to be delivered now. When it's allowed to return to service it will be probably the safest Airliner in the World after all the scrutiny and testing.
It's horrible what happened with the Ethiopian and Lyon Air crashes, but I am confident that Boeing will make the correct modifications to the MCAS system so that will never happen again.

Oh, and before the " Would you fly on a MAX?" Yes I would, without hesitation.

....and there will not be any "Taxpayer" money involved.

It's all a money thing from Day 1 when that plane was conceived in the conference room as a knee jerk reaction to the Airbus. They stepped on their dick after that with "it's just a revised 37" with the marketeering to the customers, many of which are third world shitholes who train their pilots the same way Swift Transportation trains its truck drivers. Let 'em fly, they'll figure it out.

Well. Not quite.

The rest of this circus is purely damage control by the FAA for ever letting them get away with it in the first place; more of that bullshit that'll make a great movie someday.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The MCAS system is not even necessary for safe operation of the A/C. Boeing stepped on their dicks when they didn't have redundancy in the system, and that was the fatal flaw.
All the media bullshit about the A/C being unstable due to "the engines are too big or too far forward" is just that...bullshit.
Don't believe everything you read about it online, just the same as you wouldn't believe all bullshit from media hacks about guns.

I certainly won't disagree Boeing isn't the same Company it was pre merger...and especially after Stonecipher and Mcnerney and their business model.
There is a need to return the culture that existed for 80 years before the above mentioned merger and "Leadership".
This is what happens when bean counters run the ship instead of Engineering.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is awesome, now all you Boeing weirdos can get the hell out my hotel here on the East side........ :bigsmile:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
The MCAS system is not even necessary for safe operation of the A/C. Boeing stepped on their dicks when they didn't have redundancy in the system, and that was the fatal flaw.
All the media bullshit about the A/C being unstable due to "the engines are too big or too far forward" is just that...bullshit.
Don't believe everything you read about it online, just the same as you wouldn't believe all bullshit from media hacks about guns.

First sentence in the MCAS marketing wank:

The Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) flight control law was designed and certified for the 737 MAX to enhance the pitch stability of the airplane – so that it feels and flies like other 737s.

Definition: So you, the customer bean counters, don't have to spend your war-torn simoleons to train your people how to fly something different.

Quote:
I certainly won't disagree Boeing isn't the same Company it was pre merger...and especially after Stonecipher and Mcnerney and their business model.
There is a need to return the culture that existed for 80 years before the above mentioned merger and "Leadership".

Big business is here to stay in its new, tarnished, scabbed and dirty form. We love our Q1 earnings calls and god forbid they spend money to take a net loss on improvement for the future at the expense of my 401K!

People loved the returns oil & gas gave but hated $4.50/gal fuel.

But back on topic, Seattle going the way of Detroit is laughable. Boeing would barely affect Seattle. This thread is clickbait BS. Tin foil hat shit.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

That's not exactly right. All this goes back to the height of the original plane, which was made to accommodate entry/exit requirements that no longer exist for most of the world. The new engines are bigger and needed to move forward and up to fit. It makes the plane want to rise and stall because the center of thrust changed

Quote:
Definition: So you, the customer bean counters, don't have to spend your war-torn simoleons to train your people how to fly something different.

Not really. They could have redesigned the plane to fly like the old one but the height would have needed to change to fit the new engine, along with the structure that holds the landing gear... which amounts to a new plane that needs to go through the certification process again

dan360 wrote:

No. This is exactly what happens when engineers get involved. I've seen so much stupid from engineers in the construction world, I'm positive it happens in aviation too. I also have a close friend that works for the FAA certifying planes for a company in France. This was the perfect shit storm of regulation, lack of oversight, and engineering. Systems have become so complicated that the FAA doesn't understand WTF they are looking at so they charge Boeing with doing it. Boeing keeps modifying a plane originally designed in the 60s so they don't have to go back through the certification process. The engineers say "No problem! we'll 'fix it' to fly right". I can't really point to who is more stupider here

It's a multi layered problem but one thing is for certain: Accountants aren't decision makers

Quote:
But back on topic, Seattle going the way of Detroit is laughable. Boeing would barely affect Seattle. This thread is clickbait BS. Tin foil hat shit.

Fair assessment. I doubt that it will get that bad and there are enough industries that it probably won't effect Seattle in the short term. I wonder what will happen in the long term though

zombie66 wrote:
This is awesome, now all you Boeing weirdos can get the hell out my hotel here on the East side........ :bigsmile:

Dude, who you invite into your room for your 'East side adventures' is your problem

Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
usrifle wrote:

That's not exactly right. All this goes back to the height of the original plane, which was made to accommodate entry/exit requirements that no longer exist for most of the world. The new engines are bigger and needed to move forward and up to fit. It makes the plane want to rise and stall because the center of thrust changed

Quote:

Not really. They could have redesigned the plane to fly like the old one but the height would have needed to change to fit the new engine, along with the structure that holds the landing gear... which amounts to a new plane that needs to go through the certification process again

Quote:

No. This is exactly what happens when engineers get involved. I've seen so much stupid from engineers in the construction world, I'm positive it happens in aviation too. I also have a close friend that works for the FAA certifying planes for a company in France. This was the perfect shit storm of regulation, lack of oversight, and engineering. Systems have become so complicated that the FAA doesn't understand WTF they are looking at so they charge Boeing with doing it. Boeing keeps modifying a plane originally designed in the 60s so they don't have to go back through the certification process. The engineers say "No problem! we'll 'fix it' to fly right". I can't really point to who is more stupider here

It's a multi layered problem but one thing is for certain: Accountants aren't decision makers

Quote:

Fair assessment. I doubt that it will get that bad and there are enough industries that it probably won't effect Seattle in the short term. I wonder what will happen in the long term though

zombie66 wrote:

Dude, who you invite into your room for your 'East side adventures' is your problem

One of those quotes isn’t me. That was usrifle. And a new airframe cert, when the FAA does their job, requires a new type rating for flight crews which equals training and expensive simulator time, fuel burning check rides, or for the poorer countries “OTJ Training, uless they could squeeze something similar to cross over, like a 27/57 thing, which is what they sorta did here with the Max trying to make it just a 37. All about training time for pilots and competing with an Airbus airframe that was 3/4 of a year ahead of them. Plus the FAA left Boeing to make some of their self policed regulatory decisions.

Last edited by CQBgopher on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:12 pm

I don't know about Detroit, Seattle is becoming something much worse. Like San Fransisco. Plenty of warning of what bad policy brings, but Seattle will charge ahead into insanity and failure.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next