Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:26 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Recommendations for residential builders ? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It sure the route we want to go yet. We are looking at a custom style rambler home and also the idea of a barn style post and beam shop with full apartment above the shop . I’m going to be building in Eatonville wa, any recommendations?

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

2 Corinthians 4:16
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:29 pm

Check out Krebs and Son out of Roy. He is a good guy and I have loaded roofing onto several of the houses he has built in the Graham/Eatonville area.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:39 am

Check out the suggested contractor you were given and they will probably tell you post and beam is not the way to go. Post and Beam is such a PITA to do satisfactorily. Dad and I have built several and stick framing is so much easier to build and finish so you have a good living quarters and a proper shop.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:31 pm

~
Look at ICF. Bullet and fireproof. Earthquake resistent. Lower insurance costs. Build any style you prefer

Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Capn Blood wrote:
~
Look at ICF. Bullet and fireproof. Earthquake resistent. Lower insurance costs. Build any style you prefer

Yeah we talked to a few contractors and have gone away with that idea . We are now doing a 1300sq ft rambler with attached 3 car . And I’ve been talking with Bellanca custom homes and they. See
Pretty awesome !

Funny you say ICF , I’ve done a couple huge ICF form jobs out on fort Lewis . Shit is awesome . And you save about 3-4$ per sq ft. Last job I was on was a two story training center that was probably 50,000 sq ft

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

2 Corinthians 4:16
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:41 am

Daveygravey89 wrote:
Capn Blood wrote:
~

Yeah we talked to a few contractors and have gone away with that idea . We are now doing a 1300sq ft rambler with attached 3 car . And I’ve been talking with Bellanca custom homes and they. See
Pretty awesome !

Funny you say ICF , I’ve done a couple huge ICF form jobs out on fort Lewis . Shit is awesome . And you save about 3-4$ per sq ft. Last job I was on was a two story training center that was probably 50,000 sq ft

~
I''m about to build an ICF castle out in the woods

Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I specialize in post frame Barns with living space. Check my website at Legacymountainbarns.com
I just finished a 60x60 in Yelm area. I can arrange a visit. Post frame construction old school, Dutch-English framing techniques with full loft. Any part of it could be converted to living space.
Dave

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Capn Blood wrote:
~

Ever see the guy building on "the Keene castle"?

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]