Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:28 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380 ... 688  Next
 Chinese Wuhan coronavirus aka COVID-19 - now in WA 

L_O_G wrote:
martin248 wrote:
Put it this way:

You're going to get COVID. It's inevitable. And you will most likely get it multiple times, like you catch a cold multiple times.

You might not get it this year, you might instead get it next year, or the year after. Or maybe you will get it in all three years.

The question is what happens when you do get it? If you have been vaccinated, or if you had a previous case, odds are it'll be mild. Not guaranteed--just better odds.

If you get it without any immunity then you face the full impact. Which in most people is still mild, but in a pretty big number results in hospitalization and/or long term side effects, and in a small but significant number results in death.

So a coworker of mine, fully vaccinated but tested positive for covid last week.

Remind me again why the vaccine is so important?

Did you study fractions in school? The vaccine is not 100% effective. It protects a large fraction of people, and for those who get it anyway a larger fraction get mild cases.

Mon May 03, 2021 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

martin248 wrote:
Did you study fractions in school? The vaccine is not 100% effective. It protects a large fraction of people, and for those who get it anyway a larger fraction get mild cases.

I would like to see the study to determine either the flu shot or COVID shots effectiveness.
Why the comment regarding fractions?

martin248 wrote:
That's an approval.

No it isn't. For someone who claims to follow the facts, I am sorely disappointed.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronav ... s/2486206/

Currently, no coronavirus vaccine is fully approved by the FDA, but three were given emergency use authorization by the agency

Mon May 03, 2021 9:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

martin248 wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
martin248 wrote:
Put it this way:

You're going to get COVID. It's inevitable. And you will most likely get it multiple times, like you catch a cold multiple times.

You might not get it this year, you might instead get it next year, or the year after. Or maybe you will get it in all three years.

The question is what happens when you do get it? If you have been vaccinated, or if you had a previous case, odds are it'll be mild. Not guaranteed--just better odds.

If you get it without any immunity then you face the full impact. Which in most people is still mild, but in a pretty big number results in hospitalization and/or long term side effects, and in a small but significant number results in death.

So a coworker of mine, fully vaccinated but tested positive for covid last week.

I did actually, not 100% effective even when masking.

Yep another feather in the cap of fuck getting vaccinated.

Mon May 03, 2021 9:27 am

L_O_G wrote:
martin248 wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
martin248 wrote:
Put it this way:

I did actually, not 100% effective even when masking.

Yep another feather in the cap of fuck getting vaccinated.

I think you might need to refresh your knowledge of fractions to learn things like 1/20 < 19/20.

Mon May 03, 2021 9:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.theverge.com/22189236/fda-a ... e-vaccines

In most contexts, it’s perfectly acceptable to use “approval” and “authorization” interchangeably. But not at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and definitely not when it comes to COVID-19 vaccines. If the topic comes up at your Zoom holiday party, here’s a cheat sheet for the specific uses of these similar terms.

Approval — No COVID-19 vaccines have been approved. Approval means the FDA has officially decided that a product is safe and effective for its designated use. The process for approval involves rigorous reviews of all available data on the product and can take several months.

Authorization — To speed things up in an emergency like a pandemic, the FDA can grant an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). An EUA, as its name implies, authorizes a product for use during unusually urgent circumstances if the benefits of its use outweigh any known or potential risks. A vaccine that combats a global pandemic is an ideal candidate for an EUA – we can’t afford to lose any more time in the midst of a crisis with an ever-climbing death toll.

Great, thanks for clarifying that distinction without a difference.

Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Obese are the real Covid super-spreaders.
‘They produce 1,000X times the infected air particles as normal people’.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/elde ... -0w0zxlrp7

Mon May 03, 2021 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's struggle might actually be real. At the dinner table.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon May 03, 2021 10:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, that is quite a "front butt" there in that last pic icon_eek . ewe.

Divided we fall.

Mon May 03, 2021 11:07 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

OhShoot! wrote:
Wow, that is quite a "front butt" there in that last pic icon_eek . ewe.

Stuff yer face in that Bike Rack , Huh?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed May 05, 2021 5:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

C'est cheese.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed May 05, 2021 3:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
C'est cheese.

Pretty much French for what collects down in all those cracks and crevices.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed May 05, 2021 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
C'est cheese.

Fumunda cheese

Came fumunda here... and more fumunda there

Wed May 05, 2021 6:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Pablo wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
C'est cheese.

Fumunda cheese

Came fumunda here... and more fumunda there

That is SO gross!

Why am I laughing?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed May 05, 2021 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The lib media is now claiming that the Chinese Wuhan virus death toll is "likely double" the "official" number.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... -suggests/

Look at this shit:
Quote:
Many COVID-19 deaths go uncounted because some countries only record deaths that occur in hospitals or in people with confirmed infections, IHME director Dr. Christopher Murray said in a media briefing Thursday morning.

OH MY GOD! Some countries only count virus deaths as virus deaths if... the virus actually caused the death? Not fair! In WA state if you get murdered it's really a "covid death."
https://apnews.com/article/03408313b495 ... 781338259b

In short, the libs are scared about the consequences of the global recession they induced and the famine and death toll among impoverished black and brown 3rd world nations and that death toll dwarfing any potential virus death toll by huge margins, so they are trying to cook the books and inflate the virus death stats.

They optimally even want to eventually add deaths from people who "deferred" other preventative healthcare because of fear about the virus. No joke, look at this shit:
Quote:
The study, which has not been peer reviewed, includes only deaths directly caused by COVID-19, not deaths caused by people delaying health care for other conditions and the pandemic’s disruption of health-care systems.

Nevermind that that disruption of our healthcare system was intentional sabotage by blue state governors like Inslee who shuttered our hospitals for a "surge" that never came and drove them to 15-20% layoffs of medical staff DURING A PANDEMIC.
https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/h ... hem-reopen

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu May 06, 2021 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380 ... 688  Next