Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:26 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 633, 634, 635, 636, 637, 638, 639 ... 688  Next
 Chinese Wuhan coronavirus aka COVID-19 - now in WA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Meh... buy more Harbor Freight shite. The Chi-coms are our friends. /s

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Thu May 05, 2022 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 05, 2022 8:39 am

So I called up my neighbor last night --- they were out of town last week - supposed to get back sunday - hadn't run into them yet - odd???...... He tells me that when they got back into town and were driving back from the airport, his heart started racing..... 160bpm!?!?! Same rate as when hes riding his bike up the hill here......

Quick background --- he is 66-67? - in INCREDIBLE shape - rides his bike 2500+ miles every summer - Xcountry skis like a mofo every winter - works out regularly - eats healthy - drinks rarely - never more than 2 beers. One of the healthiest and most solid people I know..... And yes - he is double vaxxed.

So they were passing thru Bellevue when this happened.... decided to stop in at the hospital to check it out.... Lots of tests - said he had an arrhythmia - put him under and shocked him to get normal rhythm - kept him overnight - more tests in the morning determining that he has Afib...... Drugs not working - going in for an ablation procedure next week.

Strange and totally unexpected that this would happen to him..... I would try to draw the line between the vax and Afib, but I have NOT seen that as an adverse effect of the shot.... but it still makes me wonder. I know Afib can pop up at anytime in anyone for no appear ant reason.... know many that have it.... But none as fit and active as this guy....

The amazing thing is...... they tested him for covid..... he is POSITIVE!!!! Asymptomatic of course..... He said he would have never known he was 'sick' if he didn't have the test......

Wondering if I should 'avoid' him since I am still a pure blood.....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu May 05, 2022 9:59 am

Heart issues are a symptom of the disease. His excellent physical health is probably why it was "only" AFib and not something worse. Hopefully it goes away for good once he's over the virus!

Thu May 05, 2022 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Wondering if I should 'avoid' him since I am still a pure blood.....

That's the choice everyone has to make/take. If it's somebody I really cared about, it wouldn't stop me, but that's my personal stance.

Unless you're living on the moon, you will be exposed. The latest variants making the rounds are very mild and will be helping the population build natural resistance.

Good luck with your decision and I hope your friend gets his AFib issue under control.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Thu May 05, 2022 12:23 pm

hkhnm wrote:
Heart issues are a symptom of the disease. His excellent physical health is probably why it was "only" AFib and not something worse. Hopefully it goes away for good once he's over the virus!

Any references for this? I haven't heard of this or seen any info on it....

As far as 'avoiding' him..... that was more tongue in cheek.... He is one of the several neighbors that throughout this whole plandemic we never really worried about masking or close contact.... If they had it, I did too and viseversa. I won't worry one bit myself ---- and it turns out he is the first person I personally know of to test +..... I think I'll go up there and give him a big wet kiss! Actually, the big beast of a dog will take care of that for us ---- he's a face licker.

My bet is he tested + because he's vax'd.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Thu May 05, 2022 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Vax doesn't keep you from getting it. My sister and her Army Dr. hubby are 4X vaxxed and got it.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Thu May 05, 2022 1:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife is vaxxed and I am not...we both have covid for alittle over a week for me her less....I have lost my taste and smell and she has not...not yet anyway

Thu May 05, 2022 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like J&J didn't pay this month's vig:

https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/ ... rna-pfizer

"FDA restricts J&J's COVID-19 vaccine due to blood clot risk"

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Thu May 05, 2022 8:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri May 06, 2022 4:35 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

AR15L wrote:

Well, it was Ukraime, now its the SCOTUS, but dont rule out a late summer return of variants if those dont go well...

Fri May 06, 2022 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

olydemon wrote:
AR15L wrote:

Well, it was Ukraime, now its the SCOTUS, but dont rule out a late summer return of variants if those dont go well...

They've already been hinting, like they've already got 'em ginned up waiting for release...

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri May 06, 2022 6:15 pm

Well..... here we go again...... BA.4 and BA.5 cropping up just in time for the elections....
Lets see how much panic they try to drum up....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... li=BBnb7Kz

Update for my neighbor --- he said on saturday that he was feeling pretty run down, but ok. Yesterday he said he was feeling feverish..... His wife took off to the cabin with the beast dog leaving him to fend for himself - so I've taken it upon myself to make sure I keep him fed --- yesterday it was leftover enchiladas and today it will be monster chicken legs that I picked up last week.... He is be cautious about getting too close to people.... and I'm being a bit more cautious than I thought I would be around him too just for good measure.

Mon May 09, 2022 7:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Well..... here we go again...... BA.4 and BA.5 cropping up just in time for the elections....
Lets see how much panic they try to drum up....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... li=BBnb7Kz

Update for my neighbor --- he said on saturday that he was feeling pretty run down, but ok. Yesterday he said he was feeling feverish..... His wife took off to the cabin with the beast dog leaving him to fend for himself - so I've taken it upon myself to make sure I keep him fed --- yesterday it was leftover enchiladas and today it will be monster chicken legs that I picked up last week.... He is be cautious about getting too close to people.... and I'm being a bit more cautious than I thought I would be around him too just for good measure.

Also: why isn't wifey in quarantine, too? And how many people did she come in contact with in preparation for and along the way on her trip to the cabin?

FJB

Mon May 09, 2022 7:06 am

Basically she is quarantining at the cabin.... up there by herself with the dog.
I'm not planning on being the coof police.... but being supportive yet careful. Strange --- they gave him meds for his heart condition, but NOTHING for covid (gladly?)..... I told him yesterday when he said he was feverish to start taking some zinc if nothing else..... luckily, his wife had that in her array of supplements.

Mon May 09, 2022 7:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:

Good on you for watching out for him and helping out. :thumbsup2:

His Wife?...Not so much. JuKkou brings up good points.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon May 09, 2022 7:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 10318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 633, 634, 635, 636, 637, 638, 639 ... 688  Next