Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 688  Next
 Chinese Wuhan coronavirus aka COVID-19 - now in WA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most of the pharmaceuticals are made in China, what happens if there is a disruption? How will people here be affected?

If/when we start getting the illness, will China sell us protective gear to protect from the illness?

China is on their lips right now militarily, but when they recover and if we are on our lips, will they take advantage? What about Taiwan or Japan?

Or any other military essential materials or products. We've relied on China too long and are too dependent.

It will get interesting.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
Most of the pharmaceuticals are made in China, what happens if there is a disruption? How will people here be affected?

If/when we start getting the illness, will China sell us protective gear to protect from the illness?

China is on their lips right now militarily, but when they recover and if we are on our lips, will they take advantage? What about Taiwan or Japan?

Or any other military essential materials or products. We've relied on China too long and are too dependent.

It will get interesting.

Quote:
We've relied on China too long and are too dependent.

I think some people have been roundly ignored on that one. I've said it in my world about electronics, hardware, foodstuffs and drugs......strategic metals...........I am for trade, but not false trade offs.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:popcorn:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Prudent advice??

Avoid crowded places. Plain and simple.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:49 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Anybody else used to listen to Love Line with Dr. Drew and Adam Corolla? I always liked this guy and I appreciate his viewpoint:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PWY0oZV51 ... tu.be#menu

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Prudent advice??

Avoid crowded places. Plain and simple.

That's my takeaway, and it was already a foundational principle of my personal philosophy. Unfortunately, getting my wife on the same page has proven to be very difficult. However, she did say just this morning as we were having coffee that maybe we should move to a less crowded area. Warms my heart!

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:

It will get interesting.

During the Cold War, there were limitations on producing certain materials outside the US for strategic reasons. I'm familiar with this as it dealt with the production of Titanium as a strategic metal. Since the collapse of the USSR, we've dropped those strategic stances.

We've become energy independent, and now the 'America First' strategy should include whatever else we need to independently protect and support our people, including medicine. Participation in the global economy is a good thing, but it shouldn't be everything.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
Anybody else used to listen to Love Line with Dr. Drew and Adam Corolla? I always liked this guy and I appreciate his viewpoint:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PWY0oZV51 ... tu.be#menu

Drew is smart people. And he's right. This bug needs to be taken seriously, but not to the point that we're setting ourselves on fire trying to kill it or avoid it.

Wash your hands, don't cough on people, and eat your veggies. This bug isn't going to be fun, but we're going to be fine in the long run.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
China is possibly the most polluted place on earth. Affects not just their lungs, but also their immune systems. And a higher percentage of them smoke, than here.

For this reason alone, we stand a better chance of surviving this virus, here in the US, than they do in China.

Been saying this for weeks. This really isn't being emphasized enough. These people were sick before the virus hit. They've been sick for decades.

So when an overly-potent, likely man-made bug that affects the immune and respiratory system strikes, it is no wonder that an entire population of people with compromised immune and respiratory systems are taking it very hard.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:22 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

2020 US cases of Coronavirus - 60
2020 US deaths related to Coronavirus - 0
2020 Chicagoans shot with guns - 331
2020 Chicago deaths related to guns - 65

Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

:doh1:

Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Comic gold here.

Pennsylvania man comes out of quarantine and does a TV interview. He's holding his infant daughter. Coughing several times, sharing a water bottle with his daughter, and touching her hands and the bottle they are sharing.

Total face palm fail moment. Apparently he learned NOTHING about infectious diseases during his quarantine. Unreal how stupid people are...

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1233 ... 11585?s=20

Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

icon_eek

Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 688  Next