Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3752 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200 ... 251  Next
 Seattle/Portland riot thread (formerly Riot in Seattle) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
I drove through town about an hour ago, totally unaware anything was supposed to be going down and.................. Squat, zilch, bupkiss, nada. I always miss everything :crybaby:

Attachment:
9471.jpg

Yep. Accurate assessment. :bigsmile:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:26 pm

With more info on this, I’m proud of the way Bellevue handled this. Imagine if the Seattle and Portland mayors would have done this earlier this year rather than let their cities get destroyed.

If you get things under control it may seem like an overreaction, but I think they were spot on in their response after learning more details.

Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ronmart wrote:
With more info on this, I’m proud of the way Bellevue handled this. Imagine if the Seattle and Portland mayors would have done this earlier this year rather than let their cities get destroyed.

If you get things under control it may seem like an overreaction, but I think they were spot on in their response after learning more details.

Exactly. People seem to forget what happened in Bellevue just a few months back.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
ViniVidivici wrote:
You propose to safeguard your community with....a rule?

It's basically just an excuse for police to tell protesters to leave and to arrest them if they don't.

But they don't need the excuse.

There is no need to arrest actual peaceful protestors or make them leave.

And rioting is already illegal and arrestable.

Just actually enforce the current law. Don't let them get away with breaking the windows, and it won't go any further.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:33 am

Yep, that's all ANY city ever had to do.

"Go ahead idiots, protest nothing, who cares, 1st Amendment. AND the moment ANY of you step out of line, you're under arrest, and it's done, and anybody who doesn't GTFO is under arrest too."

Obviously several "leaders" at many levels are sympathetic to the insurrection, that is clear. It is not incompetence, it is compliance.

Even though Bellevue did this in a clumsy, legally silly way, good on 'em for taking a stand and saying "no, not here".

Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
Yep, that's all ANY city ever had to do.

"Go ahead idiots, protest nothing, who cares, 1st Amendment. AND the moment ANY of you step out of line, you're under arrest, and it's done, and anybody who doesn't GTFO is under arrest too."

Obviously several "leaders" at many levels are sympathetic to the insurrection, that is clear. It is not incompetence, it is compliance.

Even though Bellevue did this in a clumsy, legally silly way, good on 'em for taking a stand and saying "no, not here".

Agreed.

In the cities where the rioting and looting were allowed. It was very much intentional, to allow the looting and violence as 'terror'.

Those mayors who encouraged/allowed this and governors who encouraged it, should be arrested as terrorists.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:41 am

ronmart wrote:

To be honest this time commie rally was very small and very "peaceful" and police presence (including Seattle ones) was overwhelming. Several dozen of people were boxed in, traffic closed. So comparison to Seattle/Portland is imho a bit unfair.

The previous response of BPD during mall looting by out of towners was pathetic - with similar emergency "closures", etc. with the chief infamously groveling on his knees on live TV in front of some pimp leading "peaceful" cover, with looters carrying loot like ants from the smashed mall in the background and burned my country flag on the road... The only redemption is that BPD followed through relentlessly on looters, identified and brought in charges on 70 looters....

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:

The previous response of BPD during mall looting by out of towners was pathetic - with similar emergency "closures", etc. with the chief infamously groveling on his knees on live TV in front of some pimp leading "peaceful" cover, with looters carrying loot like ants from the smashed mall in the background and burned my country flag on the road...The only redemption is that BPD followed through relentlessly on looters, identified and brought in charges on 70 looters....

Helluva big differernce and shows a major philosophical contrast to Seattle/Portland . From the onset, I think the Bellevue chief did what he had to and could do with limited resources is an emergency climate in a very short time window. Sadly now, he is being recruited by several other large police depts., and could leave Bellevue.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Inslee caught lying about highway shutdowns...

https://thepostmillennial.com/washingto ... ttle-riots

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

What a damned cockroach. Not surprised.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Culp's campaign ought to plaster this all over the TV ads. Probably too little too late.... :angryfire:

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Culp's campaign ought to plaster this all over the TV ads. Probably too little too late.... :angryfire:

Make him squirm anyway.

Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don’t think Inslee lying will change a single vote. It should, but it won’t

Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
I don’t think Inslee lying will change a single vote. It should, but it won’t

Sad, but true

Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3752 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200 ... 251  Next