Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 103  Next
 Lord Inslee Decrees Face Masks Mandatory State Wide 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
Oh, and N95's catch and hold the smell of my breath, and I've come to associate the smell that results from my breath and the mask material with dead people. It's not cool.

I've noticed this about N95s, too...gotta floss, brush, and gargle before donning one if you intend to re-use it. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:02 pm

I am glad we waited three months to decide masks are a must. Also, it is good to know if you are protesting against every way America has done you wrong is not a health issue and you don't need a mask.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:38 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

If you are not coughing on people, you don't need a face mask.

Had a total loss of taste 2-3 months ago. Really weird. High sugar popsicle, no taste whatsoever.
Called the consulting nurse, she said "That's not a virus symptom".
Told her "I just heard that it was on the news last night".

They think I had it, recovered without any treatment.

But, am getting over a broken foot and was sick for awhile so my WBC was pretty high.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't seen anyone post information about open carrying while masked. It's kind of silly to talk about legalities of doing something that nobody can tell your doing anyway. Is there an RCW that covers open carry while masked?

As for my mask experiences...I kinda actually like the anonymity, but I wear glasses and can't see shit for fogging. What can I say...I like oxygen, which I guess makes me a heavy breather.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
I haven't seen anyone post information about open carrying while masked. It's kind of silly to talk about legalities of doing something that nobody can tell your doing anyway. Is there an RCW that covers open carry while masked?

As for my mask experiences...I kinda actually like the anonymity, but I wear glasses and can't see shit for fogging. What can I say...I like oxygen, which I guess makes me a heavy breather.
There is no restriction on carrying a firearm while wearing a mask in Washington.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
RockHopper wrote:

There is no restriction on carrying a firearm while wearing a mask in Washington.

:plusone:
I saw it but forgot to copy and paste.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:03 am

I'll probably catch some nasty bacterial infection from wearing masks on my face all day but it's for the good of the people.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7087880/

https://alachuachronicle.com/harold-sai ... ne-system/

"N95 and surgical facemasks can induce significantly different temperatures and humidity in the microclimates of facemasks, which have profound influences on heart rate and thermal stress and subjective perception of discomfort.

Face masks can damage the immune system

Stress Can Lower Your Immunity
Cortisol is closely linked with stress
A face-covering or mask that interferes with respiration can add to stress.
Cortisol is a hormone closely linked with stress. It works as a key player in the body’s stress response and is often measured in research as an indicator of stress.

Cortisol plays a vital role in the body’s functioning; it is secreted by the kidney’s adrenal glands. But high and sustained blood levels of cortisone in individuals stressed by the fear of Covid-19 can trigger serious and emergent health issues.

Higher and more prolonged level of cortisol in the bloodstream (such as those associated with chronic stress) have been shown to have negative effects, such as:
§ Impaired cognitive performance
§ Suppressed thyroid function
§ Blood sugar imbalances such as hyperglycemia
§ Decreased bone density
§ Decrease in muscle tissue
§ Higher blood pressure
§ Lowered immunity and inflammatory responses in the body, slowed wound healing, and other health consequences
§ Increased abdominal fat, which is associated with a greater amount of health problems than fat deposited in other areas of the body. Some of the health problems associated with increased stomach fat are heart attacks, strokes, developing metabolic syndrome, higher levels of “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and lower levels of “good” cholesterol (HDL), which can lead to other health problems.

A face mask or facial covering can displace oxygen to the lungs and increase the levels of carbon dioxide intake when exhaled air – trapped inside the mask – is re-breathed."

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sparky D wrote:
Anyone know where we can do a group buy for something like this?

Attachment:
Inslee Mask.jpg

Screw the masks, I won’t wear one. My wife’s Dr and 3 nurses told us that the cheap ones they hand out at Costco and hospitals DO NOT WORK!!!
I want T-shirt’s with that message on front and back.

Casey, calling TCB Casey..... Make it so #1.... :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Heard on the radio the punishment can be $1000 and year in jail for non compliance???

There are so many loopholes in the WA DoH order (20-03) that the order is largely unenforceable on it's face.

As with a lot of laws, the enforcement will not come from Uncle Sam trying to shove his giant cock of legality down your throat, it will come from the populace being too scared or too convinced of it's legitimacy to do otherwise, and compelling others to obey with the usual methods. Everything from family members encouraging mask wearing, to "friends" and colleagues belittling others who ignore the order, to businesses refusing customers or firing employees for failing to comply.

To all those that say they won't comply, though, I just want to ask a question that's worth some thought. Are you not complying because you don't think wearing a mask will be effective, or because you think Inslee shouldn't be able to issue these kinds of orders in the first place? Combination of the two? Some other reason? Not suggesting any answer is wrong, I've just seen some folks confusing some of these issues.

They are ineffective and even if they were, they do not work on bearded people. Plus FUKK anything INSLEE

Personally, wearing a mask makes my nose run. A lot. If my nose runs, I have to wipe or blow it often. That means face touching. Whatever benefit I or the public gleaned from my wearing a mask probably got flushed down the toilet because of the increase in how often I have to touch my face during or after use. So whenever possible, I will not be wearing a mask, at least not for extended periods of time. The stretchy face shields like the SACompany ones reduce the nose-runniness, but they also wouldn't protect me or others from sawdust, let alone a microscopic organism.

They fog up my glasses no mater how I try to adjust them and FUKK INSLEE

Oh, and N95's catch and hold the smell of my breath, and I've come to associate the smell that results from my breath and the mask material with dead people. It's not cool.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:15 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I'm seeing a lot of blanket statements about masks being ineffective. Which is true in some ways, but misleading in others. What is the bar defining the "effectiveness" of a mask?

Whether the micron filtration level is fine enough to filter out the virus? If this is what we're defining as "effective" then yes, most masks not rated N95 or above are ineffective. More so, the N95 masks with flapper valves are only effective for the person wearing the mask. Any expectorate is mostly released unfiltered through the flapper. But are they ineffective if they can filter the virus and act as a deterrent to touching your face?

Whether or not it keeps you from spreading moisture particles when coughing/sneezing? This seems like the next logical pro/con of masks in deciding their effectiveness. Most any mask (surgical/cloth) will prevent the spread of contamination to others by containing mucus (aside from the flapper N95). So while they may not be effective at filtering out the virus for the user, they are helping to prevent contamination coming from the individual wearing the mask.

Whether it acts as a deterrent to touching your face? This one is a big toss up IMO. In some cases having a mask on does discourage touching the face. But, as mentioned previously, the masks can cause runny noses or constantly slip down off the face causing increased touching of the face or outside of the mask. Kind of a 50/50 on this one.

The point is, let's be honest about this. Saying "masks are mostly ineffective" isn't really true. "Most masks are ineffective at filtering virus" is a much more honest way of saying it. I think Inslee's mask order is horseshit. It personally makes me less inclined to wear a mask as a form of protest to his overreach. But the blanket statements about the ineffectiveness of masks bug me. If we want the big mask proponents to take an honest approach to this discussion we should too.

And just FTR I think the Covid-19 risk has been massively exaggerated.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

King 5 article about masks and guns:
https://www.king5.com/article/news/veri ... 616e43d74d
Also posted in the firearm laws thread.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of blanket statements about masks being ineffective. Which is true in some ways, but misleading in others. What is the bar defining the "effectiveness" of a mask?

Whether the micron filtration level is fine enough to filter out the virus? If this is what we're defining as "effective" then yes, most masks not rated N95 or above are ineffective. More so, the N95 masks with flapper valves are only effective for the person wearing the mask. Any expectorate is mostly released unfiltered through the flapper. But are they ineffective if they can filter the virus and act as a deterrent to touching your face?

Whether or not it keeps you from spreading moisture particles when coughing/sneezing? This seems like the next logical pro/con of masks in deciding their effectiveness. Most any mask (surgical/cloth) will prevent the spread of contamination to others by containing mucus (aside from the flapper N95). So while they may not be effective at filtering out the virus for the user, they are helping to prevent contamination coming from the individual wearing the mask.

Whether it acts as a deterrent to touching your face? This one is a big toss up IMO. In some cases having a mask on does discourage touching the face. But, as mentioned previously, the masks can cause runny noses or constantly slip down off the face causing increased touching of the face or outside of the mask. Kind of a 50/50 on this one.

The point is, let's be honest about this. Saying "masks are mostly ineffective" isn't really true. "Most masks are ineffective at filtering virus" is a much more honest way of saying it. I think Inslee's mask order is horseshit. It personally makes me less inclined to wear a mask as a form of protest to his overreach. But the blanket statements about the ineffectiveness of masks bug me. If we want the big mask proponents to take an honest approach to this discussion we should too.

And just FTR I think the Covid-19 risk has been massively exaggerated.

Where IS that like button?! :bigsmile:

Thank you.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:14 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sinus211 wrote:

Any discussion about masks is now more political than scientific, unfortunately.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any discussion about science is also now more political than scientific.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 1544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 103  Next