Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:19 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 103  Next
 Lord Inslee Decrees Face Masks Mandatory State Wide 

I can see how the staph infection could happen. Those bacteria live in our mouth and noses, if she had a cut, lesion, or some kind of open wound, it's quite possible.

I think the lower pic (apologies, it was difficult to tell whether the pics were part of a quote, or that is your wife) definitely qualifies as a medical exemption to having to wear a mask, that looks very painful.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:31 am

I think Inslee should be sued over that.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
I can see how the staph infection could happen. Those bacteria live in our mouth and noses, if she had a cut, lesion, or some kind of open wound, it's quite possible.

I think the lower pic (apologies, it was difficult to tell whether the pics were part of a quote, or that is your wife) definitely qualifies as a medical exemption to having to wear a mask, that looks very painful.

Yep, my wife is on the lower pic. She's got an official exepmtion from her doctor after that and now she keeps it in her wallet.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:47 am

surevaliance wrote:
Fishinpnw wrote:

Yep, my wife is on the lower pic. She's got an official exepmtion from her doctor after that and now she keeps it in her wallet.

Just curious how that works out for her? Do business recognize and honor her Dr's official exemption? Or does she run into a lot of push back? It's still unclear to me whether private businesses have the right to refuse service from someone not wearing a mask, even if they have a legitimate health concern. It would seem like they wouldn't (it is a legitimate health issue for her to wear a mask). However, it is their business and I suspect have the right to refuse service if they so choose. I can't seem to get a straight answer on this topic.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a legitimate health concern and most business do not turn me away, except PCC community market, who ejected me.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:55 pm

jackass wrote:
I have a legitimate health concern and most business do not turn me away, except PCC community market, who ejected me.

That's good to hear that most business honor the exemption. My concern was there are people out there that have legit reasons for not wearing a mask but aren't able to do things like grocery shopping or go the bank. That seemed like a completely unfair situation for them.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
jackass wrote:

That's good to hear that most business honor the exemption. My concern was there are people out there that have legit reasons for not wearing a mask but aren't able to do things like grocery shopping or go the bank. That seemed like a completely unfair situation for them.

I suspect the exemption gives them the legal ability to serve a customer not wearing a mask without fear of consequences from the state.

I suspect it does not prevent them from refusing to serve customers not wearing mask out of a company policy, nor should it. I'm a market guy. I disagree with the decision, but I understand it, and it's their business.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i haven't worn the stupid mask yet this year.
most big box stores don't bother me, if they do a quick "can't wear it , doctor's orders" and they bug right off
i have been kicked out of Zumiez at Supermall, the *unt demanded "papers" and when i tried to tell her that it's against federal law for her to ask for "papers" she turned around and said "then, we refuse the service" and asked me to leave
got refused at 3 mom&pop smoke shops, these people just take it upon them selves to be the mask police, don't wanna hear shit, just like the Zumiez *unt
i just give them the finger and go to the next store.
got ratted out by 2 of my Uber passengers already, i think 3rd strike will be final, but fuck'em, not putting it on no matter what

i think the further away you go from the more populated areas the more relaxed people are about the mask bs, even though they all have signs put up all over

Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You're right, it's a private business, but can they refuse business to certain minorities? Or those with medical conditions?

If they're open to the public selling an essential commodity, can they refuse service to anyone who is not causing problems?

If you're the only gas station in 100 miles selling gas in Wyoming at night, can a gas station refuse service because they do not like you? Or a motel?

Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:

You were probably ejected because you weren't wearing Birkenstocks. :wagwoot: :wink05:

Divided we fall.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today at Costco in Funeral Way...
Normally I do not wear mask, but today I have decided to treat Nazi accordingly.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ LOL . . . that mask is definitely better than no mask! thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:17 pm

jackass wrote:
You're right, it's a private business, but can they refuse business to certain minorities? Or those with medical conditions?

If they're open to the public selling an essential commodity, can they refuse service to anyone who is not causing problems?

If you're the only gas station in 100 miles selling gas in Wyoming at night, can a gas station refuse service because they do not like you? Or a motel?

They can refuse service, but they are not sheltered from the Americans with Dissability Act or the massive lawsuits if someone gets turned away with a legitimate medical condition and the right ambulance chaser gets wind of it. Kim Jong Inslee made a mandate, it's not law and the mandate cannot shelter businesses who discriminate against someone who has a medical disability. The businesses who do this have just opened themselves up to a serious lawsuit. (I hope someone does it)

Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UFC Vegas 12: Bryce Mitchell Ends Presser With Anti-Mask Speech: 'Make It Optional' - MMA Fighting.
https://youtu.be/m58GmLPaQII

Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/v ... m-n1116873
A Judge Just Dethroned California COVID Dictator Gavin Newsom.
Quote:
Sutter County Superior Court Judge Sarah Heckman barred Newsom from making new coronavirus laws that use the “California Emergency Services Act [which] amends, alters, or changes existing statutory law or makes new statutory law or legislative policy.”
The decision Monday afternoon was a pointed reminder to Newsom that there’s such a thing as a legislature, whose job, after all, is to make laws.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 1544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 103  Next