Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Regulating Full-semi-automatic High Capacity SUV's 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apparently, hidden in the "Infrastructure" bill, is a provision to install "kill switches" in all new cars starting within the next five years:

"According to an article written by former U.S. Representative Bob Barr, hidden away in the recently passed infrastructure bill...

...is a measure to install vehicle kill switches into every new car, truck, and SUV sold in this country..."

https://www.motorious.com/articles/feat ... -new-cars/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can you cite in the infrastructure bill where these "kill switches" are called out?

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Newest rig I own is 2006, and ain't a damn vehicle newer then 2002 I would ever buy. Nothing fits my requirements on what constitutes a proper vehicle. At least on this front I won't be effected

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:20 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
Apparently, hidden in the "Infrastructure" bill, is a provision to install "kill switches" in all new cars starting within the next five years:

"According to an article written by former U.S. Representative Bob Barr, hidden away in the recently passed infrastructure bill...

...is a measure to install vehicle kill switches into every new car, truck, and SUV sold in this country..."

Reason # 200 to pass on new shit.............

Hidden away in the bill

FUK the establisment

You pussy ass... nerd ass fucks...fuck the hell off!

Suck my fucking dick.

Tell me to my face that you're doing this shit...im 60...ill still kick your fucking ass.

Ill beat your ass till I have cardiac arrest...then throw another.

Dont piss off the old guy.

Cuntroll...Cuntroll...Cuntroll...Cunmtroll

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
Can you cite in the infrastructure bill where these "kill switches" are called out?

You'll have to read the article and chase down Bob Barr's statements for us.

EDIT: Section 24220 of H.R 3684 deals with impaired driving.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just read a couple of stories yesterday on Yahoo and FB about the kill switches.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like Big Brother is wanting to take advantage of GM's technology for all to enjoy.

It's called OnStar...

-- Travis A Kisner

Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:45 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

foothills wrote:
Sounds like Big Brother is wanting to take advantage of GM's technology for all to enjoy.

It's called OnStar...

A few years ago Caterpillar made their computer systems non repairable/accessible except by Cat.

I see this kinda stuff is going to either get tooo complicated for the normal shop or Factory only service on all new vehicles.

In effect turning all independent shops into Midas brake and muffler shops.

Ive also heard in AZ and Cali the "smart thermostats" the people installed in their homes can be controlled remotely by the power company......Supposedly to avoid Brown Outs.......but what ever.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The way it's going, the cars will be so expensive no one will be able to afford any of the new ones except the uber rich folk.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:55 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

AR15L wrote:
The way it's going, the cars will be so expensive no one will be able to afford any of the new ones except the uber rich folk.

I just purchased a Bronco Sport...

Salesman saw that I was in the trade.

He says....there are so many computer systems in that little truck...make your head spin.

We bought the extended warranty...

Shit how many years since the 552 flasher relay? Worked awesome in vehicles for 50 years or more and cost maybe 5 bucks.

Now its a full blown computer system that controls the directional signal......has been for a few years.

Not a $5 plus ten minutes labor repair anymore.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
AR15L wrote:

He says....there are so many computer systems in that little truck...make your head spin.

Shit how many years since the 552 flasher relay? Worked awesome in vehicles for 50 years or more and cost maybe 5 bucks.

Now its a full blown computer system that controls the directional signal......has been for a few years.

Analog versus digital

-- Travis A Kisner

Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is why I'm restoring my '77 Cherokee

Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:36 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

foothills wrote:
WaJim wrote:
AR15L wrote:

Analog versus digital

Yup...all stems from CAFE standards set by the Gvt.

Have to reduce parasitic hp draw from teeny engines that sip gas and produce beer fart emissions at the tail pipe.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife just mentioned David Wilkerson’s prophecy back from 1970’s or -80’s when he encouraged people to keep their old cars with no- or minimum of electronic components.
Then, Obama implemented “Cash-for-Clankers”…

Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Reason # 200 to pass on new shit.............

Hidden away in the bill

FUK the establisment

You pussy ass... nerd ass fucks...fuck the hell off!

Suck my fucking dick.

Tell me to my face that you're doing this shit...im 60...ill still kick your fucking ass.

Ill beat your ass till I have cardiac arrest...then throw another.

Dont piss off the old guy.

Cuntroll...Cuntroll...Cuntroll...Cunmtroll

+1

Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]