Post a reply

Re: I’m So Old I Remember When......

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:02 pm

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:14 pm

Arisaka wrote:
AR15L wrote:Image

Been there, done that, have the scar

Same here. I think they used a air compressor for the injection. Been a few years. :bigsmile:
I don't recall anyone crying.
Last edited by Greenecho on Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:18 pm

Arisaka wrote:Image

Gawd those were awful. The aluminum tray was thicker than the turkey.

Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:29 am

Greenecho wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

Same here. I think they used a air compressor for the injection. Been a few years. :bigsmile:

Saw soldiers that flinched bleeding.

Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:06 am

I’m so old I can remember when it was expected that children respect their elders, if you didn’t and your parents found out they would beat you half to death then make you apologize to that person.... The law!!!

Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:07 am

golddigger14s wrote:
Greenecho wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

I was one of them, it left a gash & hurt like hell for a while... icon_eek

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 am

I remember garbage dumps before landfills, where you backed up your truck and threw your garbage over the cliff. Great spot for shooting rats, too.

Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:10 am

I remember going to vote and having it count. Wow, I'm getting old!

Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:14 am

Arisaka wrote:I remember garbage dumps before landfills, where you backed up your truck and threw your garbage over the cliff. Great spot for shooting rats, too.
Used to do that somewhere in the Tacoma tide flats in the early '60's - the trash and the rats. I used a Daisy, the old man used a Singer Sewing Machine Co. 1911 .45ACP.

Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:22 am

Arisaka wrote:I remember garbage dumps before landfills, where you backed up your truck and threw your garbage over the cliff. Great spot for shooting rats, too.

I loved that smell on a warm summer day. :rofl9:

Yeah my dad stood there whining about the stench while my brother and I emptied the truck out!

Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:39 am

Pablo wrote:

I loved that smell on a warm summer day. :rofl9:

Yeah my dad stood there whining about the stench while my brother and I emptied the truck out!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:48 am

Caveman Jim wrote:I’m so old I can remember when it was expected that children respect their elders, if you didn’t and your parents found out they would beat you half to death then make you apologize to that person.... The law!!!

Or when parents that you didn't even know, would beat your ass for misbehaving!

Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:18 pm

Old Growth wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:I’m so old I can remember when it was expected that children respect their elders, if you didn’t and your parents found out they would beat you half to death then make you apologize to that person.... The law!!!

^^^THIS^^^ - The original "It takes a village..." mentality. Got your ass kicked again when you got home too!

Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:56 pm

Traut wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

^^^THIS^^^ - The original "It takes a village..." mentality. Got your ass kicked again when you got home too!

That was kinda what I was referring to when a mentioned “the law”.

Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:00 pm

Caveman Jim wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Greenecho wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

I was one of them, it left a gash & hurt like hell for a while... icon_eek

USAF basic training in 1970. We were so excited to hear that they wouldn't be using needles. People walked out of there with blood streaming down both arms. Hurt worse than any needle.
Post a reply