Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Amy Coney Barrett is very PRO Second Amendment 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi8yZdOmESE

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:24 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

:party: :party: :party:

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:25 pm

Who's next on the block to be replaced?

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Breyer, liberal, is now the oldest on the court.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ACB is a fantastic addition for the obvious reasons but also for the less-than-obvious reasons. She hopefully reigns in Roberts.

Why cast in with the losing side which is the wrong political party and go down on the wrong side again and again? This should pull Robert's back in line.

And I will go a step further. LOWER court ideologues with the top cover of a leftist SCOTUS will turn in wildly unConstitutional agenda-driven 'legislating from the bench' rulings knowing they will never be appealed or overturned. With top cover, they are unleashed to just violate the law with impunity.

A honest Constitutional SCOTUS will keep these lower ideologue Judges in check because Judges don't like to be overturned or made to look foolish.

So just these few SCOTUS picks have major positive impacts across the land.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

leadcounsel wrote:
And I will go a step further. LOWER court ideologues with the top cover of a leftist SCOTUS will turn in wildly unConstitutional agenda-driven 'legislating from the bench' rulings knowing they will never be appealed or overturned. With top cover, they are unleashed to just violate the law with impunity.

A honest Constitutional SCOTUS will keep these lower ideologue Judges in check because Judges don't like to be overturned or made to look foolish.

Great point, I hadn't thought of that. :thumbsup2:

Kind of like Seattle judges can violate our state constitution because they know the WA Supreme Court will back them up . . . .

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

Why cast in with the losing side which is the wrong political party and go down on the wrong side again and again? This should pull Robert's back in line.

I THOUGHT about that on the way home today. I think there is some truth in this. She seems to stick with the law.....

leadcounsel wrote:

Great point - PLUS Trump has been cleaning up the lower courts for 4 years!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Great point, I hadn't thought of that. :thumbsup2:

Kind of like Seattle judges can violate our state constitution because they know the WA Supreme Court will back them up . . . .

Exactly. But when they know that the BIG Court will be looking over shoulders they are reeled in.

Also, another point, is that the MONEY for appeals is more forthcoming if people think they can win. And cases are brought that you think you can win. Few people spend the time and money, even for worthy causes, when the Court is stacked ideologically against you... And the reverse is true. How many folks are going to sue Christian cake bakers for not baking a gay wedding cake when they know that when it gets to the SCOTUS they will lose and be assessed attorney fees and costs of the winning party? A lot less stupid cases...

So it has massive rippled effects on a macro scale.

Last edited by leadcounsel on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agreed!

And Trump has essentially flipped the 9th District, with 10 new appointees, more than a third of the active judges.

He’s really affected the federal judiciary — the circuit courts of appeal, where he has appointed 51 judges to lifetime jobs.

This makes LC’s point even sweeter...

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:47 pm

I just learned a fun fact: today is Hillary Clinton's birthday.

Happy birthday, you horrible fucking domestic enemy cunt!

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:

Yes, yes it is...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:13 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

ViniVidivici wrote:

Happy birthday you murderous traitor! MAGA!

Also, fun fact, when I type in “murderous” my phone suggests this which is weird because I really like Josh:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, at least you didn’t take it as a directive...

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:28 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NWGunner wrote:
Well, at least you didn’t take it as a directive...yet

FIFY

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next