Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:09 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Help settle a debate on General Mattis 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
1. Why is Jim Mattis a hero? (rhetorical) Can anyone answer this?

2. Why is publicly saying derogatory things against the sitting POTUS you are serving ok?

He said those things after resigning, not while he was serving

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:40 am

Just sounds like he's not a big fan of Trump....can't say I blame him (I've been clear I can't stand the guy).

Let's not pretend it's about principles though. If he had said this about say...Obama, I don't' think you guys would be so quick to condemn the general for speaking against a sitting President at the time.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the military, it is very bad form to be publicly critical of one's superiors, during or even after. But then again, rules don't seem to apply to generals, and especially ones with giant egos.

General Mattis has generally benefited from an adoring press that has enhanced his reputation. I think if he was a true patriot like General Flynn he would be in a similar predicament. The Deep State takes care of its own.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:54 am

What criticisms do you have of Mattis, other than he seemed to break rank and criticize the president? I ask because I've always liked the things I've read or heard from him over the years.

I don't fault him for speaking out against Trump either. When he initially resigned from his public office role, he declined to make any comments about trump saying "If you leave an administration, you owe them some silence." But then Trump started running his mouth about how "overrated" Mattis was as a general, which probably got under his Mattis skin. I mean, this is a guy (Mattis) that has been quoted saying "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you, I like brawling." So having someone like Trump call him out probably was a bit too much for him to stomach. So he responded with the whole "I got my spurs in the military, he got them from note from his doctor" (or something to that effect) line. Do you blame him? I mean, maybe you do, and that's fine. But I tend to understand where he is coming from.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As I've stated before, if you are in the military, especially a general, you hold your tongue, and fade away like MacArthur did. Having former generals run their mouths like McCrystal, Kelly, Mattis to me make it seem like their are setting Trump up for a coup. Or current general Millie.

Being overseas, it seems many people are there to make a name for themselves, and especially in an area of the world where many people aren't looking and allowances can be made for killing people considered by some as subhuman. It's a hard choice when some of them are shooting back and many of them are bad. But for a general to run his mouth like him is very bad in my eyes, it would encourage others to violate the Law of Land Warfare (that's why everyone gets a legal brief before they go), it is great for enemy propaganda, and not great for the locals who support us. But psychopaths are drawn to the military and many aspire for high positions.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:54 pm

Fair enough. That seems to be a hard rule for you (no exceptions). Then you're justified in not supporting him for engaging in those actions (not that you need my approval....just that I see your point and think it's fair).

Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.infowars.com/posts/globalist-mattis-biden-should-eliminate-america-first-policy/

Globalist general James Mattis has called on Joe Biden to ‘eliminate’ the America first policy instituted by President Trump where foreign policy is concerned, claiming that it has ‘damaged’ US national security.

“In January, when President Joe Biden and his national security team begin to reevaluate U.S. foreign policy, we hope they will quickly revise the national security strategy to eliminate “America first” from its contents, restoring in its place the commitment to cooperative security that has served the United States so well for decades,” Mattis writes.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:40 am

I found the video of Mattis and his roast of Trump, he's got some great lines but he's no comedian, he doesn't have the delivery down for these lines, but he's a top dog General, not a comedian, and I still have a lot of respect for him, I hope it can stay that way.

I don't like his friendship with scumbag charles schumer, or the scumbag top cop behind him from NY, one of THE most anti-gun pricks on earth, the profession I can respect, this prick I cannot, nor do I like the looks of the second creep directly behind Mattis.

Anyway, this is a pretty decent video, I still like the guy, not sure if I trust him and the company he keeps, though:

Last edited by Tod on Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:31 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ LOL

The plain link works.

"youtube1" requires the plain link, no start times, no "index," no extra shit. So trim it down to this, then put it inside youtube1:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_sG7N7pJ6g

"youtube2" uses just that alphanumeric code at the end of the link, nothing else:

Code:
g_sG7N7pJ6g

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:07 pm

MadPick wrote:
^ LOL

The plain link works.

Code:
g_sG7N7pJ6g

Alright (all right for the grammatically correct among us), I practiced with a few more youtube vids, but those were without all the extra crap included in the Mattis video I originally posted. That one threw me. Sometimes I can get it, sometimes not, your explanation added a lot of clarity, I also took a screen shot so I can refer back to your explanation when needed, thanks.

I'll practice here with a montage of some of General Mattis' best lines:

Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Perfect! thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:55 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
^ LOL

The plain link works.

"youtube1" requires the plain link, no start times, no "index," no extra shit. So trim it down to this, then put it inside youtube1:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_sG7N7pJ6g

"youtube2" uses just that alphanumeric code at the end of the link, nothing else:

Code:
g_sG7N7pJ6g

Noob

Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/03/former- ... de-us.html

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis wrote in a statement published by The Atlantic. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership,” he wrote, adding that he “watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled".

If Mattis had made these comments about obama he'd have been correct. The only thing president Trump has done to divide was winning the election. The division since then has been a creation of the big media aka: the Democrat-leftist alliance.
Mattis has lost all credibility. Another ex-Marine like Jack Murtha.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:52 am

1811GNR wrote:
jackass wrote:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/03/former- ... de-us.html

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis wrote in a statement published by The Atlantic. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership,” he wrote, adding that he “watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled".

If Mattis had made these comments about obama he'd have been correct. The only thing president Trump has done to divide was winning the election. The division since then has been a creation of the big media aka: the Democrat-leftist alliance.
Mattis has lost all credibility. Another ex-Marine like Jack Murtha.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

My father was in WWII, my brother is a highly experienced combat veteran over the last 20 years and special ops, I am a veteran, active duty army during the cold war, had a top secret clearance, attended the Defense Language Institute in CA for a year, made it through SFAS with success, spent years in the active reserves and national guard, so I have great admiration for those who have paid their dues in the armed forces and lots of respect for Marines because I've competed with them often while in the service.

So I truly had great respect for Mattis and was very happy he was chosen for his post by Trump, but what you just wrote, that was one crack in my respect for Mattis.

I mean if you're a stand up guy who sees things clearly, then why didn't he see that obama divided the USA tremendously? obama came in with MASSIVELY DIVISIVE DIVISIVE DIVISIVE SWEEPING CHANGES such as FORCED health insurance (WHO THE FUCK thought that would go over well in the USA???), he pushed furiously to crush our 2nd amendment, he DEEPLY ALIENATED police nationwide during his first what, months in office...

This asshole who TOLD Americans there is NO room for insults against Islam INSULTED religious Americans nationwide when he belittled them as those who "CLING TO THEIR RELIGION AND GUNS".

Then obama, to punish republicans, he shuts down veteran's memorials and parks during Memorial Day/Veteran's Day???? HOLY FUCK this asshole was TREMENDOUSLY DIVISIVE!!!!!!!!

And Mattis NEVER SAW ANY OF THIS? WTF are you that blind Sir????? Are you really that blind General Mattis, or part of the swamp?

Strike one for Mattis. I still have mass respect for him as a soldier, but this bullshit from him put a crack in my respect for him as an honest human being. I'm not fit to fill General Mattis' shoes, no, but I'm not part of either the brainwashed left or the team that is doing the brainwashing, and Mattis goes and steps in it like he did? Eh.

Last edited by Tod on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:22 pm

A President, any President, deserves to have advisors in his cabinet and in the military who trust his vision. It's just blatant insubordination if someone in the military criticizes a sitting President, in extreme cases, becomes dangerous to our democracy.

Assuming Mattis genuinely disagrees with Trump I think he really only had two options:

1. Hold his tongue and do as ordered, which anyone in the military should be familiar with doing, or

2. Resign, and say his piece only after resigning, as a civilian.

I don't fault him for resigning if he really can't square his personal views with Trump's, but, he should only speak up his mind about that after he's out of the military.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next