Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:27 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Help settle a debate on General Mattis 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

We all have our own code of ethics we follow. I expect him to be no different.

Wouldn't mind if he thought about a presidential run though. Maybe Mattis/Crenshaw ticket?

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:48 am

PMC wrote:
Mattis was the canary in the coal mine for a lot of reluctant and tepid Trump supporting active-duty servicemen and vets I know. Almost all of them got off the Trump train with Mattis, and took their votes with them.

General Mattis leaving was the FIRST blow to my limited confidence in Trump, I must admit that. As an ex-service member I automatically have a lot of respect for Mattis, first for his military accomplishments, second for who he is, what little I know of him tells me he has integrity.

On the other hand, my respect for military isn't always automatic, General mcchrystal? Fuck him for wanting to disarm Americans, at that point I cannot respect even a man of the lofty rank of General and not even if he was a Special Operations soldier, and he was. Fuck 'im.

Back to what you said, it shook me up some that Mattis left. I still say he should not have "abandoned his post", though. If he believes things are as bad as they are, then we need him now more than ever at his post.

Finally, DESPITE all this, NFW would I would vote for joe biden, a sick, warped, lying, racist, child groping, sexual harasser of women who calls Black neighborhoods "racial jungles".

So if both candidates are that bad, what next? Jo Jorgenson is not gonna get the votes, sorry. So what next? Where do we go from here?

Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:29 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Tod wrote:
PMC wrote:
Mattis was the canary in the coal mine for a lot of reluctant and tepid Trump supporting active-duty servicemen and vets I know. Almost all of them got off the Trump train with Mattis, and took their votes with them.

General Mattis leaving was the FIRST blow to my limited confidence in Trump, I must admit that. As an ex-service member I automatically have a lot of respect for Mattis, first for his military accomplishments, second for who he is, what little I know of him tells me he has integrity.

On the other hand, my respect for military isn't always automatic, General mcchrystal? Fuck him for wanting to disarm Americans, at that point I cannot respect even a man of the lofty rank of General and not even if he was a Special Operations soldier, and he was. Fuck 'im.

Back to what you said, it shook me up some that Mattis left. I still say he should not have "abandoned his post", though. If he believes things are as bad as they are, then we need him now more than ever at his post.

Finally, DESPITE all this, NFW would I would vote for joe biden, a sick, warped, lying, racist, child groping, sexual harasser of women who calls Black neighborhoods "racial jungles".

So if both candidates are that bad, what next? Jo Jorgenson is not gonna get the votes, sorry. So what next? Where do we go from here?

Principles principles principles.

Sorry for the tangent here guys, this isn’t Mattis related.

My principles include honesty, respect, and protecting my family. Those are my core values.

I honestly believe the current political situation is nothing short of a fucking circus. I respect neither candidates. So here we are. Protecting my family. Trump is no golden god protecting our 2a rights but he’s for damn sure not Biden/Harris/Beto. Where does your vote land? Are you kidding me? It lands on the Trump ticket.

If you at all in any way care about your rights, your family, your ability to defend yourself and those you love you vote Trump. No brainier. Fuck everything else. There is only 1 answer here. The side debates about Mattis et al are irrelevant.

We have to unite, not fight. Vote for us. Forget all the other shit.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:54 pm

Sinus211 wrote:
Tod wrote:
PMC wrote:

My principles include honesty, respect, and protecting my family. Those are my core values.

I honestly believe the current political situation is nothing short of a fucking circus. I respect neither candidates. So here we are. Protecting my family. Trump is no golden god protecting our 2a rights but he’s for damn sure not Biden/Harris/Beto. Where does your vote land? Are you kidding me? It lands on the Trump ticket.

If you at all in any way care about your rights, your family, your ability to defend yourself and those you love you vote Trump. No brainier. Fuck everything else. There is only 1 answer here. The side debates about Mattis et al are irrelevant.

Trump has no core values and will go along with whatever he thinks will be "good for his ratings". In the very real possibility that Dems flip the senate but Trump manages to eke out an electoral college win, I would not be at all surprised if he starts supporting more liberal policies.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:08 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PMC wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Tod wrote:
PMC wrote:

Trump has no core values and will go along with whatever he thinks will be "good for his ratings". In the very real possibility that Dems flip the senate but Trump manages to eke out an electoral college win, I would not be at all surprised if he starts supporting more liberal policies.

Or vote for the senile candidate who not only supports far left policy but will probably be replaced by the ultra leftist Harris via the 25th amendment? Seriously? You want a 50/50 shot at eroding your rights or a sure thing?

Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:13 pm

Trump is getting my vote. Case closed.

Fuck joe biden who calls Black neighborhoods "JUNGLES", who gropes little girls, in front of the entire viewing USA no less, who sexually harasses women, whose party hates Jews, who wants to utterly destroy the 2nd amendment and our constitutional rights, and whose running mates and constituents hate everything about America.

Just in case I needed to make that clear.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:25 pm

With the way trump constantly disrespects Marines (Mattis, Kelly, the Belleau Wood Marines), I cannot support him at all, no matter the reason. And pence just sits there and takes it like a prison "wife"...he's not even a man anymore, much less a Marine...when they start counting votes in a few weeks, I think tump will be shocked to learn that he does not enjoy the robust support of the military (officers or enlisted). He'll get partial support, but far less than what a republican POTUS candidate would normally get.

Before you get mad at me, just know that I dont have any respect for biden either. He's also walking feces. The only reason these political parties even allow anyone to vote at all is because the population is stupid enough to think that it makes a difference.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JonnyV wrote:
With the way trump constantly disrespects Marines (Mattis, Kelly, the Belleau Wood Marines), I cannot support him at all, no matter the reason. And pence just sits there and takes it like a prison "wife"...he's not even a man anymore, much less a Marine...when they start counting votes in a few weeks, I think tump will be shocked to learn that he does not enjoy the robust support of the military (officers or enlisted). He'll get partial support, but far less than what a republican POTUS candidate would normally get.

Before you get mad at me, just know that I dont have any respect for biden either. He's also walking feces. The only reason these political parties even allow anyone to vote at all is because the population is stupid enough to think that it makes a difference.

Belleau Wood Marines? I thought that was just bullshit to attack Trump.

As for Mattis, not sure - agree Trump says some weird, odd shit. Dunno, Mattis just read his persona here mostly Have not studied the man.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:55 am

disrespecting the Corps is a BS story, drink some more cool aid.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:47 am

JonnyV wrote:

So you're not allowed to disrespect a former marine? At all?

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00 am

More Troops will be voting for Biden than for Trump according to recent polling. Surprising for a Republican president. I guess that's what happens when you're a draft dodger who calls fallen heroes suckers though.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When did Trump call troops and Marines suckers?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:10 am

When he was being asked to attend the 100th anniversary ceremony in France, and it was raining....trump decided to skip it and stay inside and watch Fox News instead. According to numerous people in the room, he referred to the dead Marines in the cemetery as suckers and losers.

The reporting of this incident is indeed a political hit against trump...no argument there. However, that does not mean that the accusations or reporting lack credibility. The thing about him you have to understand is that he doesn't give a shit who hears what...he'll just come out and say the exact opposite 30 seconds or 30 days later, and his believers always go with it. Cult of personality.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:40 am

Until somebody actually goes on record and it's not just "anonymous" sources, I don't give those reports merit. He could have said it for all I know, but until I see some hard evidence, I just don't trust stuff like this.

I feel the same about "voter fraud." Trump loves to claim the election is rigged. But until I see some evidence of widespread or systematic fraud, I find it hard to believe. A few rogue criminals here and there? A few ballots here and there? That happens on both sides of the aisle. But a "rigged" election? Please show me something.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:56 pm

JonnyV wrote:
When he was being asked to attend the 100th anniversary ceremony in France, and it was raining....trump decided to skip it and stay inside and watch Fox News instead. According to numerous people in the room, he referred to the dead Marines in the cemetery as suckers and losers.

The reporting of this incident is indeed a political hit against trump...no argument there. However, that does not mean that the accusations or reporting lack credibility. The thing about him you have to understand is that he doesn't give a shit who hears what...he'll just come out and say the exact opposite 30 seconds or 30 days later, and his believers always go with it. Cult of personality.

Actually secret service made the call that he shouldnt fly in the helicopter because the cloud level was really low.

The only time I've heard of trump bashing anyone in the military was McCain

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next