Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 'Modern Classic' Car Appraisal 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s why I thought he should talk to Lora, she’ll give him the straight scoop...

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Your best option is going to be Hagerty, they will give you the agreed value. I am more than happy to run the numbers if you are interested. I am a broker and a lot of the members here use me for their insurance. Feel free to contact me.
Lora Zanin
loraz@riceinsurance.com

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Just to be clear --- I'm not claiming that the car has 'collectors' status (although I would hope someday it would) - more 'modern classic' status with a 'real value' based more on what it would cost to replace with same or similar car in the same condition/mileage - not what someone would be willing to pay for it. KBB doesn't even come close to a reasonable replacement value. I know its 20 years old and not worth much to anyone else - its more about what it would cost ME to replace it, which would be damn near impossible.

And for the record.... in 2000, this was the most powerful v6 offered by anyone --- everybody elses 3.0 or 3.2 v6 was making 200-225 hp at best --- it took nissan, bmw and mercedes a bump to 3.5 to make 270ish. 260 hp from this mill was actually pretty impressive - basically V8 power from a V6 for the day (2000 Mustang gt 5.0 was 260 hp). My understanding was that they took the intake from the NSX, but not the heads, and put it on this engine --- called a 'Hemholtz Plenum' that somehow had a 'pulse induction' at higher revs..... pretty cool shit for the time --- it was said they limited the hp to not out shine the NSX's 3.2 at 290 hp. I'm not sure why the ricers never picked up on this v6.... they always seemed to keep to the 4 bangers for some reason --- I think it was cost and availability of replacement (ie stolen) parts. I always put this car in the class of the Legend coupe and the SC400/300.... 'gentlemans sport coupes' as they were called. Compared to all the other offerings I looked at at the time - IS300, 330ci, Solara, RSX, Celica, Prelude - this one beat them all for power and class. Its still a head turner even after 20 years - no one would even look twice at a 20 year old bmw, solara or mercedes.

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4