Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:37 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Looking to donate to a cause? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This year has been tough for a number of people. For some it was totally out of their control and they took it in the shorts big time. I know the winter holidays are big times for donations. I wanted to created a thread for folks to post about local businesses or organizations that give back and support their community, especially for those in need. This time of year you see a number of schools do food drives, or toy drives. But with school being remote some of those organizations that benefit from those food and toy donations are hurting. A number of businesses that do good work in their community had to close due to government covid restrictions that caused a lack of business. So post your charity of choice here.

A good friend of mine is a part of the Choose Love organization out of Tenino. Last year we did a bowling tournament that substantially increased their budget and put them in a place to make some real differences in the lives of others in a small community. https://www.chooselove.gives/

Another local Lacey business that gives a lot back to the community is Olympic Cards and Comics. They provide a safe place for kids who don't typically 'fit in', they do school supply drives, toy/adopt a family drives, diaper drives, food drives, provide meals to young people and seniors during the summer (and year round), and recently they went out and supported other local small businesses by buying gift cards from them, then gave them away to customers. https://olympiccardsandcomics.com/gabis-kids/

So what are some local businesses or organizations that are close to your heart that you would like to spread the word for?

Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]