Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 That's why Hunter Safety Courses are required 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And yet another careless person with a firearm. Broke the most basic rules.
Rule number 4: Know your backstop and identify your target. (BTW he broke both of those. Shooting into brush is just plain stupid.)
This guy better not ever have a hunting license again and probably should stand for manslaughter or reckless endangerment charges.

The other should have been wearing the correct clothing too BUT depends on the season. Archery and Muzzle loading seasons do not require hunting orange. Though not a bad idea to have some!

Story is here.
Hunter in Minnesota fatally shoots another hunter after mistaking him for deer
https://www.foxnews.com/us/hunter-minnesota-accidentally-shot-mistaking-deer

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Last edited by Col_Temp on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

A guy I went to high school with was shot through the heart by his cousin in a similar situation.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On an off topic, we had a cabin near Bemidji, on Cass lake.
Hunted and fished many years there. My stepfather was the Game Warden for Bemidji. My father a fishing guide for 10 years growing up.

And, my great uncle lived to 101 years old, died 1965. I met him. Mom and Dad said he was a hunter/trapper his whole life. Ate nothing but venison, duck, goose.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Hunted and fished many years there. My stepfather was the Game Warden for Bemidji. My father a fishing guide for 10 years growing up.

And, my great uncle lived to 101 years old, died 1965. I met him. Mom and Dad said he was a hunter/trapper his whole life. Ate nothing but venison, duck, goose.

:bigsmile:
He probably was a character and well worth meeting. Bet you he had lots of stories.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

:bigsmile:
He probably was a character and well worth meeting. Bet you he had lots of stories.

He was horizontal in his death bed in 1965 when I met him. Actually he died the day before his 101st birthday.
After he passed, a couple years later when I was 7 or 8 years old, my uncle and dad told me the stories about him.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure a hunter safety course can fix stupid.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

freelancer1972 wrote:
Not sure a hunter safety course can fix stupid.

Also thinking there is a good chance this guy took the courses...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]