Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 131  Next
 What has mildly entertained/annoyed you today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

The little truck is a gasser

Blasphemy!

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went to both TSC and Coastal, the last time I was in town.

My impression:

TSC. Farmers. Homesteaders. People who are serious about what they are doing with their farm.

Coastal. Hoity toity. Rich people playing at being farmers. More concerned with their image and their gadgets.

That's just my impression. Based on the stores and the customers. I could be wrong. It could also be applicable to only these two stores.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:

My impression:

TSC. Farmers. Homesteaders. People who are serious about what they are doing with their farm.

Coastal. Hoity toity. Rich people playing at being farmers. More concerned with their image and their gadgets.

That's just my impression. Based on the stores and the customers. I could be wrong. It could also be applicable to only these two stores.

Coastal sale price stuff is worth it, great prices, but to some extent agree, half the damned store is cowboy boots, bandanas and 20 gallon hats, but the west half they have stuff in stock- TSC never has shit, light on most things but not yuppified, I get it.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I ordered a specialty tool on Amazon (I know, I know) and it was shipped from Idaho less than 12 hours later. It has been scanned in - and out - of the Amazon warehouse in Kent a total of 3 times in the past 5 days, yet USPS still hasn't received it from Amazon yet. I can request a refund or replacement if it's not delivered today (unlikely it will), but now it's out of stock, so it'll have to be a refund...which means I won't actually get the tool. This will be the last order I place on Amazon.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:

My impression:

Funny you should say that. My coworker has the same opinions of both stores here in Mount Vernon, but flipped. TSC is the not-really-farmers store, and Coastal is for people that actually do farm stuff.

I have no opinions either way. I just go to Coastal because I know they have what I'm looking for. Just bought 15 bags of pellets in the last week since they were having a buy-2-get-1 sale and the bags were about $12/ea.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
Selador wrote:

My impression:

Funny you should say that. My coworker has the same opinions of both stores here in Mount Vernon, but flipped. TSC is the not-really-farmers store, and Coastal is for people that actually do farm stuff.

I have no opinions either way. I just go to Coastal because I know they have what I'm looking for. Just bought 15 bags of pellets in the last week since they were having a buy-2-get-1 sale and the bags were about $12/ea.

I actually suspected that would be the case. That's pretty much why I posted. To find out if it was different elsewhere.

So it probably pretty much comes down to who owns the store and what niche they are personally, or that niche they expect to fill.

Far enough apart in a bigger city, and they might both be the same.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
I ordered a specialty tool on Amazon (I know, I know) and it was shipped from Idaho less than 12 hours later. It has been scanned in - and out - of the Amazon warehouse in Kent a total of 3 times in the past 5 days, yet USPS still hasn't received it from Amazon yet. I can request a refund or replacement if it's not delivered today (unlikely it will), but now it's out of stock, so it'll have to be a refund...which means I won't actually get the tool. This will be the last order I place on Amazon.

I’ve been boycotting ama zon since they funded the SPD gun buyback years ago...

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:20 am

I've been laffing at my sis.... jumped in the RV and headed out from Tucson to Fort Collins.... talked to her yesterday when it was 17 degrees and 5" of snow :ROFLMAO: They went out and bought a ceramic plug in heater to help out the rv heater --- that thing died within 5 hours :ROFLMAO: Said the rv was at 56 this morning...

On the other hand, they are up in FC to clean out their house after renting to a family for 5 years.... HOLY FUCK!!!! She's been sending me pics of how they left it ---- what a bunch of pigs!!! So much crap left behind.... and it looks like they never cleaned while they were there. Its scary because it was a professional couple - surgeon and psychiatrist ... You would have expected that they would have kept the house in good condition.... She wouldn't send me any pics of the bathrooms because 'nobody wants to see that shit'.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:37 pm

I still get the heebeejeebees thinking about some of the homes I had to clean out during my property management days.

Some of those folks had real mental health issues with the way they lived.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a public utility locate request today (811). In the request, the homeowner is specifically requesting that his own water line be located between his meter and his house, because he wants to run a new line to his shop.

Maybe he doesn't know that 811 is generally for public utilities only and my job stops at the meter, or maybe he's just trying to get a free locate service, but I'm going to have to have an awkward conversation telling him he has to hire a private utility locate service. I don't do that.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Watched two kids try to stuff a rather large garden bench into a Prius

They gave up after a while and I texted the next person that replied to the craigslist ad

Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered two things from amazon.

Supposed to be here next week.

One showed up today. The other arrives tomorrow.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mildly annoying: Getting up at 5:00 am for the first time in forever (my usual sleep is 2 am to 9ish am) to go and meet up with WaGunner.
Highly entertaining: Meeting said WaGunner and delivering to him his first ever suppressor. Felt like Christmas.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:22 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Selador wrote:
Ordered two things from amazon.

Supposed to be here next week.

One showed up today. The other arrives tomorrow.

Yup never pay for shipping....

Never sign up for the "free" with membership.

It usually is at the house within a day or so.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:54 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Isildur wrote:
Mildly annoying: Getting up at 5:00 am for the first time in forever (my usual sleep is 2 am to 9ish am) to go and meet up with WaGunner.
Highly entertaining: Meeting said WaGunner and delivering to him his first ever suppressor. Felt like Christmas.

Damned old fellers!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 131  Next