Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:40 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 131  Next
 What has mildly entertained/annoyed you today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sent this little tidbit to Code Enforcement last night...

Quote:
Tue, Dec 7, 5:46 PM (11 hours ago)
to Melanie

Sooooo.....

I've been waiting for some kind of correspondence from the City in regard to the Mulnow Property.

Is this a dead Issue?

Fined once and the situation according to City policy and law is OK?

If So, Why do we even have a code enforcement policy or CE position in the City of Up if there are no TEETH in the ENFORCEMENT side of LAW?

Update on my side of the fence...I'm putting in raised flower beds to plant bushes to cover the Sh*thole that is the Mulnow property. This doesn't erase the concern I and my neighbors have for the fire hazard that still exists.

Do I have to come and join you folks next council meeting? If so how do I petition for my 2 minutes before the Council?

Also, How many times can The Mulnows be fined?

Is it a one and done thing or every month.

It surprises me that this property isn't more of a concern due to its inherent danger to bordering properties...how does the will or lack of respect for the law of one taxpayer trump the rest of the property owners?

Please respond to my inquiry about the frequency of the fines....

And, By the way The young Mulnow is having issues with my response to his eyesore he calls home...I'm tired of his inquiries and told him if he has issues he needs to get a hold of the City and file a complaint.

Expect his appearance soon....

Jim S*******

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:43 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Her response.....

Quote:
Melanie Boehm
Dec 7, 2021, 7:28 PM (10 hours ago)
to me

Good Evening,

I will issue another fine and see how often I can issue them.

I can come meet you on Thursday and I will let the City Attorney know you want to know what else can be done.

Melanie Boehm
Code Enforcement Officer
Planning & Development Services
3609 Market Place West, Suite 200
University Place, WA 98466
253-460-2548

Squeaky wheel?

Ill be accepting that meeting offer....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:bow: Hey, it's a step.

Maybe just a pillow fluff and a forehead kiss, but it's a step.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:08 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, that's a pretty positive response, and sent in less than two hours, and during the evening. Be nice to her, I think she's on your side. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:16 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
Yeah, that's a pretty positive response, and sent in less than two hours, and during the evening. Be nice to her, I think she's on your side. thumbsup

Yup, i agree and...i will.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got stuck in the sand, had to walk back in the dark being trailed by hungry foxes. Fun times.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Her response.....

Quote:
Melanie Boehm
to me

Good Evening,

I can come meet you on Thursday and I will let the City Attorney know you want to know what else can be done.

Melanie Boehm
Code Enforcement Officer
253-460-2548

Squeaky wheel?

Maybe take a few moments to familiarize yourself with U.P. Muni code.
Title 9, Public Safety
9.35.020-.050
Associated State RCW espec 7.80 for civil enforcement and penalties
U.P. Muni code 9.35.070 talks about a bunch of state nuisance abatement clauses.

Chapter 9.50
CONDITIONS WHICH RENDER PREMISES UNFIT FOR HUMAN HABITATION
AND OTHER USES

Also, call your city council members. This is why you pay them.

(I was bored)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:50 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Her response.....

Quote:
Melanie Boehm
to me

Good Evening,

Melanie Boehm
Code Enforcement Officer
253-460-2548

Squeaky wheel?

Maybe take a few moments to familiarize yourself with U.P. Muni code.
Title 9, Public Safety
9.35.020-.050
Associated State RCW espec 7.80 for civil enforcement and penalties
U.P. Muni code 9.35.070 talks about a bunch of state nuisance abatement clauses.

Chapter 9.50
CONDITIONS WHICH RENDER PREMISES UNFIT FOR HUMAN HABITATION
AND OTHER USES

Also, call your city council members. This is why you pay them.

(I was bored)

Thank You..

Ill use this in the am meeting.

OMG that shit is GOLDEN

I printed it!

Thank You sooooooooo very much!!!!!

:bow:

I owe you one!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For reporting property line setbacks (your neighbors carport that is attached to his fence)

https://pals.piercecountywa.gov/palsonl ... /srs/issue

might just be for unincorporated county but muni codes should address that too.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:22 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
For reporting property line setbacks (your neighbors carport that is attached to his fence)

Is it actually attached to the fence? I couldn’t tell by the picture

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

I saw that and thought the same thing...even if not attached.

And Muni codes are usually more stringent than unincorporated...

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:31 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

NWGunner wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

I saw that and thought the same thing...even if not attached.

And Muni codes are usually more stringent than unincorporated...

Check this out....

Quote:
14.05.020 Purpose.Share
The purpose of the codes and regulations adopted in this title is to provide minimum standards to safeguard life, health, property and public welfare by regulating and controlling the design, construction, quality of materials, use and occupancy, location and maintenance of all buildings and structures within the City of University Place. It is not the purpose or intent to create or designate any particular class or group of persons to be especially protected or benefited, nor is it intended to create any special relationship with any individual.

(Ord. 744 § 2 (Exh. A), 2021; Ord. 671 § 2 (Exh. A), 2016; Ord. 623 § 2 (Exh. A), 2013; Ord. 570 § 2, 2010; Ord. 497 § 3, 2007; Ord. 408 § 3, 2004).

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This may sound convoluted, and if it does, feel free to ask me to clarify...

Nearly all subdivisions have BRLs, or, Building Restriction Lines. Sometimes they’re called building setback lines...

Even if your subdivision has been around for years, and doesn’t have an active HOA, when the builder submitted plats, both for approval, and to be recorded in the Land Records, there were BRLs, or BSLs, on that plat.

There’s no doubt that portions of his “pseudo-structure” violates some aspect of these restrictions, even if it’s just the aforementioned fence attachment.

So, if they can’t nail him for other violations, they could go at it another way.

Just a thought...

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:00 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

NWGunner wrote:

Nearly all subdivisions have BRLs, or, Building Restriction Lines. Sometimes they’re called building setback lines...

Even if your subdivision has been around for years, and doesn’t have an active HOA, when the builder submitted plats, both for approval, and to be recorded in the Land Records, there were BRLs, or BSLs, on that plat.

There’s no doubt that portions of his “pseudo-structure” violates some aspect of these restrictions, even if it’s just the aforementioned fence attachment.

So, if they can’t nail him for other violations, they could go at it another way.

Just a thought...

Yeah we all have violations on our propertys...one of which is driveway code says cannot be 6" wider each side of the door width.

And other Stupid shit for sure....

So Ill mention his encroachment of lean to/car port on Warrens fence etc but wont push.

We'd collectively just want the mess cleaned up....fire hazard taken care of.

Id sure like to see his place end up on a episode of Hoarders.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

Just a thought...

Yeah we all have violations on our propertys...one of which is driveway code says cannot be 6" wider each side of the door width.

And other Stupid shit for sure....

So Ill mention his encroachment of lean to/car port on Warrens fence etc but wont push.

We'd collectively just want the mess cleaned up....fire hazard taken care of.

Id sure like to see his place end up on a episode of Hoarders.

True.

But it only matters if code enforcement is looking into it, and they won’t look into something so minimal.

Since this isn’t minimal, and it’s a safety hazard, it could be something to add to the ‘list of persuasion’ for dickwad...

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 131  Next