Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 131  Next
 What has mildly entertained/annoyed you today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
A female doctor was doing business at a building supply where I was a salesman. She was buying materials to build her office. At the completion of the project she dropped by to invite us salesmen to an office-warming party and she threw out a 'plug' for her new business:

"Come in and let me be your new doctor. And, remember boys: size five fingers!"

If she was Asian you would have had your pants around your ankles in the waiting room. :ROFLMAO:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
A female doctor was doing business at a building supply where I was a salesman. She was buying materials to build her office. At the completion of the project she dropped by to invite us salesmen to an office-warming party and she threw out a 'plug' for her new business:

"Come in and let me be your new doctor. And, remember boys: size five fingers!"

If she was Asian you would have had your pants around your ankles in the waiting room. :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :thumbsup2: icon_eek

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"If she was Asian you would have had your pants around your ankles on the waiting room sales floor."

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:49 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Xfinity constantly pushing their 10 G internet

.......so what the fuck is it?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

People that have zero concept of time zones.

I get emails at 0400, 0500, 0600, 0700, 0800, in increasingly escalating tone... demanding updates and schedules and whatnot for something that isn't even supposed to be handled until 1000, and no matter how many times I politely inform them to keep in mind the time zone differences, and we're not even in the office until 0730 Pacific time at the earliest, invariably, a week later, I'll get the same frantic batch of emails yelling at us for not being 'more responsive'. I've NEVER had to put a 'do not disturb' mode on my phone... until recently... because I kept getting calls at 0430 wanting to know 'If XYZ has been done yet, it's scheduled for 1100'...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:28 am

TechnoWeenie wrote:

I get emails at 0400, 0500, 0600, 0700, 0800, in increasingly escalating tone... demanding updates and schedules and whatnot for something that isn't even supposed to be handled until 1000, and no matter how many times I politely inform them to keep in mind the time zone differences, and we're not even in the office until 0730 Pacific time at the earliest, invariably, a week later, I'll get the same frantic batch of emails yelling at us for not being 'more responsive'. I've NEVER had to put a 'do not disturb' mode on my phone... until recently... because I kept getting calls at 0430 wanting to know 'If XYZ has been done yet, it's scheduled for 1100'...

I saw a tweet about this. Email gets sent at 4:52pm on Friday and a ping on Monday at 8:10am: "Is this done yet, I asked about it 3 days ago."

It's been 18 work minutes, Janet. Chill TFO.

Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mikeyb wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

I saw a tweet about this. Email gets sent at 4:52pm on Friday and a ping on Monday at 8:10am: "Is this done yet, I asked about it 3 days ago."

It's been 18 work minutes, Janet. Chill TFO.

I've run into that a couple times...

'We sent you the order 3 days ago? Why didn't you schedule this?!'

Go through email and come to find out it was sent on Friday night, and earliest available we could do it would be Tuesday, but fees are accrued if not done on Monday... Fees we're not responsible for, but they get upset that they have to pay it.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:40 am

Answered an ad on CL this morning for 3 1# propane bottles and 3 cans of (camping) butane - supposedly full(???) --- emailed and the response was 'so many people have responded, but no one will pick them up in the next hour - if you can be here in an hour they are yours'..... Annoying that people have to live on such a tight time frame, but it worked out to my benefit --- got some free 1# bottles to put on weber kettle with gas start!!!!

They were indeed full!!! Seems like they had been used and refilled, but I'm happy - I needed at least two anyways and I figured they are worth $8+ each to me. Went to hook up the first bottle to the grill --- damn thing wouldn't thread in.... thought the threads may be buggered so I put the torch head on the bottle --- yeah, the torch head was at a wonky angle - no wonder I couldn't get it to thread.... that will be the torch bottle - second bottle threaded on just fine. Don't have any need for the butane cans..... they will end up in the PIF section if my neighbors don't need them.

On the way to pick them up, I was sitting at a stop light on 522 waiting for the signal.... There are two geese on the sidewalk that just start walking out into the road - slowly --- in the crosswalk! The two get half way across, and three more start to follow them.... then three more..... then two more --- all walking on the crosswalk! How'd they figure out to use the crosswalk?...?...? Sat there for 3 or 4 light cycles with many others. Annoying, but still kinda cool.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/deer-us ... road-video

https://imgur.com/Xm0owRv

Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:49 pm

Northwest Progressive Institute published their "poll" of 'likely WA voters' and found that 68% of 'likely WA voters' support the Permit-to-Purchase, including 40% of Rs.

When the "survey" results were questioned on Twitter, NPI sh*tposted a bunch of tweets saying they are scientifically rigorous, etc. Shakespeare comes to mind: Thou doth protest too much.

It's obvious it's a skewed poll with horrible sample bias. 50% text survey, 50% landline. Who does surveys via text? I know no one who does. And I know fewer who have a landline. 'Likely WA voters' is another problem, since conservatives don't vote in WA because it's pointless with the lib base in KC. If an R won, they'll just keep recounting ballots until they find enough to win (Rossi v Greqoire was supposed to be a 'recount,' not a 'count and add more')

How many people actually understand the bill? If a bill like this was coming around, you'd think it would replace an older law - why pass new bills when there's already a law on the books?

So who would think the 'Permit-to-Purchase' would eliminate the FFL requirements (which it wouldn't/can't)?

Who would think this 'permit' has a virtually forever shelf life? It's only 5 years (better than other 'permit-to-purchase' laws, which were 10 days)

Who would think having a 'permit' would allow you to take the gun home at the time of purchase, since you're already "proven" to be a good person?

The idiocy of 1143 is basically a CPL, with the addition of the TBD training.

Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but... it's another bullshit hurdle to price-out and time-out buyers. They know it.

The existing background checks are already a de facto "permission slip" to purchase a gun.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:43 am

jukk0u wrote:
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but... it's another bullshit hurdle to price-out and time-out buyers. They know it.

The existing background checks are already a de facto "permission slip" to purchase a gun.

oh, absolutely. that's why we're getting out of this state.

Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:37 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:

Some of us see the gun store like going to Nordstroms....

I got so many theres nothing there im interested in...even slightly interested.

Ex FIL when in Vegas wanted to go into a pawn shop that was predominately gold chain, ring shit....

He thought he was Italian....or Mr T

I waited outside.

I do this now at pawn shops that have guns.......rather drink a beer.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:25 am

Running out to the store today..... turn the corner out of the hood and I see a (big) coyote in the road -- its 2pm -- trotting down the street..... I decided I could follow him a bit since its on my way... goes down the block - turns on the the (dead end road) below mine and starts running down the road back to the woods. I decided what the hell --- CHASE him!!!! Gunned the truck as he was sprinting thru bushes and around cars --- I was going a good 30 going up to 35 and he was hauling to make it to the woods..... There was an older woman at the end of the street doing some yardwork who heard my truck coming up the street --- that coyote ran past her by ~ 10 foot --- she couldn't believe it... Luckily she wasn't all that concerned that I was 'technically' speeding up the street, but more concerned that a coyote was running the hood at 2pm.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 131  Next