Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:33 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 131  Next
 What has mildly entertained/annoyed you today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

People paying 175 for a brick of primers. I’m thinking about selling some of mine.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
As much as I hate going to Walmart they have ok prices on motor oil. Plus I needed a measuring cup and can opener since the wife took everything out of the kitchen when we moved. I told her to leave me the basics but apparently a stack of cans and no way to open them was her idea of 'basics'

If going to Walmart isn't bad enough the bums have stolen almost all the carts. There are maybe 30 carts for the entire store. I wandered around for a while to find one and finally gave up and went back out to the parking lot. The 'cart corral' half down the lot had a single cart in it

Driving back on hwy 16 there's a homeless camp off to the right with a dozen or so Target and Walmart carts stacked up full of crap. Is it any wonder normal people are leaving this place

Tractor supply. 5 gallon tub of 15w40 is pretty cheap.

You'll need it :)

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
People paying 175 for a brick of primers. I’m thinking about selling some of mine.

That's nothing, have you seen what they go for on Gunbroker?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So my Son wanted to go fishing and i was looking for a small rowboat. I buy a fishing license online, and fast forward he say's let's get Fishing Kayak's.
Ok, so i start looking....Try and find one right now, they are popular.
He say's his Boss just got one at Tractor supply. I never would have thought of looking for a Kayak there. I go online, see one i am interested in but it's not in stock.
Puyallup has one, but we stop by the Kent store first just to look.
Nope, they don't have one and neither does Puyallup....or Tacoma. They do have 2 Kayak's, one is in the back still in the wrap and hasn't hit the floor, the other was outside in the fencing area.

They had sold the other two they had earlier, so my son and i bought the two they had.
We take them home, get them setup and then uh oh, we don't have life jackets, and i don't have a "Discovery pass". Another 35 bucks to the State and Off to Big 5 we go. So after all the running around we finally hit Lake Desire at about 5:15PM.
I nailed a nice 11" hatchery plant pretty quickly and then lost another about 40 minutes later. My son caught two and we got off the water about 7:30.
So about 1000 dollars later we had 3 Trout and a little Father Son time.
Yeah, it was worth it. :bigsmile:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

usrifle wrote:

:ROFLMAO:

:bow:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

Epic!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:03 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

usrifle wrote:
So my Son wanted to go fishing and i was looking for a small rowboat. I buy a fishing license online, and fast forward he say's let's get Fishing Kayak's.
He say's his Boss just got one at Tractor supply. I never would have thought of looking for a Kayak there. I go online, see one i am interested in but it's not in stock.
Nope, they don't have one and neither does Puyallup....or Tacoma. They do have 2 Kayak's, one is in the back still in the wrap and hasn't hit the floor, the other was outside in the fencing area.

They had sold the other two they had earlier, so my son and i bought the two they had.
We take them home, get them setup and then uh oh, we don't have life jackets, and i don't have a "Discovery pass". Another 35 bucks to the State and Off to Big 5 we go. So after all the running around we finally hit Lake Desire at about 5:15PM.
I nailed a nice 11" hatchery plant pretty quickly and then lost another about 40 minutes later. My son caught two and we got off the water about 7:30.

Yeah /sarc "it was worth it" but seriously, you got to drive around with your son all day on a mission to find some boats, found them, got to go fishing with him, and drove home as the sun set. That's a memory worth more than $1k if you ask me.

Awesome work dad!

Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks guy's, now i have to find one for the Wife. :rofl9: She is a Fishing Chick, i think she felt a little left out.
I'm heading back to Tractor supply for a Raincheck tomorrow. :bigsmile:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
As much as I hate going to Walmart they have ok prices on motor oil. Plus I needed a measuring cup and can opener since the wife took everything out of the kitchen when we moved. I told her to leave me the basics but apparently a stack of cans and no way to open them was her idea of 'basics'

If going to Walmart isn't bad enough the bums have stolen almost all the carts. There are maybe 30 carts for the entire store. I wandered around for a while to find one and finally gave up and went back out to the parking lot. The 'cart corral' half down the lot had a single cart in it

Driving back on hwy 16 there's a homeless camp off to the right with a dozen or so Target and Walmart carts stacked up full of crap. Is it any wonder normal people are leaving this place

Delo 2.5gallon at wally is the cheapest unless you get orieilys to beat them.

Usually $27-29 at wally for the 2.5 gal jug. About $11.50 a gallon or = $57.50 a 5gal pail.

Tractor supply had 2.5 gallon jugs of delvac a few weeks ago for around the same price, but their 5 gallon pails are usually more$

Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

Usually $27-29 at wally for the 2.5 gal jug. About $11.50 a gallon or = $57.50 a 5gal pail.

Tractor supply had 2.5 gallon jugs of delvac a few weeks ago for around the same price, but their 5 gallon pails are usually more$

I grabbed one of their 5 gallon pails... coastal, I think it was, for $45 on sale... couple months ago...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

Eeeaaasy boys...

The little truck is a gasser

10w-40 has worked for 345k miles. Not going to mess with that

Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

Damn right, cost has no limit when enjoying time with the kids!!! Don’t let anyone tell you any different. :bigsmile:
Good on ya brother.

Attachment:
B5AF01D8-C4F1-4773-8979-E10956C499DF.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I grabbed one of their 5 gallon pails... coastal, I think it was, for $45 on sale... couple months ago...

Only been to coastal (auburn) once with the wife. She went right to the boot isle!
I checked the gun section, the pitchfork prices (we break a ton in the sawdust pile) and some other random tools and found most everything was more expensive than TSC or my local feed store.

I didnt think to look at their oil tho.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Only been to coastal (auburn) once with the wife. She went right to the boot isle!
I checked the gun section, the pitchfork prices (we break a ton in the sawdust pile) and some other random tools and found most everything was more expensive than TSC or my local feed store.

The brand was coastal, at TSC, I think?

I'm gonna go look it up...

Edit: Traveller... Don't know why the fuck I was thinking 'coastal'....

Attachment:
tfhjgdtjs.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

The brand was coastal, at TSC, I think?

I'm gonna go look it up...

Traveler is TSC store brand. Coastal Farm n Ranch is a different store.

Be careful tho, its usually light on the additives packages. On the equipment and tractor forums you can find oil analysis with results.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 131  Next