Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 131  Next
 What has mildly entertained/annoyed you today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been semi-awake most of the night with a sinus headache (from pollen?) Sat up-right in a chair with kleenex stuffed in my nostrils trying to get the last few winks.

Will make work difficult today.

Grumpy.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Been semi-awake most of the night with a sinus headache (from pollen?) Sat up-right in a chair with kleenex stuffed in my nostrils trying to get the last few winks.

Will make work difficult today.

Grumpy.

Same, although downed a benadryl. Slept but more grumpy and feel shitty.

Not sure what the hell is blooming now (grasses?) but I usually don't get allergies in the summer and this hit like a hammer. Wife has a post nasal drip and sounds like 6 pack a day smoker.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, it's grass season. Welcome to Everson.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shit. Never bugged me in Lynden.

It's old age and allergies. Not a good combo for me.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:44 am

I've been fighting sinus congestion for a couple of days now -- I chalk most of it up to weedwhacking ivy a couple of days ago an pruning cypress limbs that were filled with dead/decaying needles. But there still has been an underlying congestion and post nasal drip for a while now....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I find it mildly entertaining that Allegra-D didn't touch my early spring allergies (but Claritin does), but took one (Allegra-D) an hour ago and it's kicking these grass allergies in the ass. Not bad.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That stuff usually has to build up in your bloodstream for a few days to work properly.

FJB

Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
That stuff usually has to build up in your bloodstream for a few days to work properly.

I guess, but even with Claritin, I take the kidding chew tab dose and it seems to work.

I had an decent day, maybe tomorrow I'll take another.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wife and I do Zertec. It takes about a week to build up in your resistance system but it doesn't make me drousy as shit like all the other allegery meds do.

Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

2 things, most saw coming, in an ironically sad way:

1) That victims of rock throwers on I-5 chased & caught the perpetrator, state patrol was nearby & got him. Additionally, the city has finally acknowledged that it happens frequently next to the homeless encampments nearby, and they are contributing factors. They are now are going to start removing them this week.

2) The moronic Portland City Mayor is seeking more funding for police. Unfortunately, he’s wrapping it in the cloak of “combating gun violence”. Acknowledging the stupidity of defunding isn’t in his wheelhouse, but at least this is a start...

Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:22 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

After reloading thousands upon thousands of rounds Kinda looking forward to reloading .....

Never have I tried the tiniest caliber ever...hope I don't pinch a finger.

Matt is sending me 100 pcs of .380

Thanks again Matt!

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

After reloading thousands upon thousands of rounds Kinda looking forward to reloading .....

Thanks again Matt!

What? No respect for .25 and .32 ACP?

Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Thanks again Matt!

What? No respect for .25 and .32 ACP?

Now I can understand the use case for 380/9mm Kurz for self-defense, it seems the choice of carry ammo is really critical in this caliber to provide sufficient penetration.

I can also understand shooting .25 or .32 ACP for historical reasons or just plain fun recreational shooting in older pistols. But when it comes to .25 and .32 ACP for self-defense, then for the love of God, man... Why??????? :thumbsdown:

Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was not talking about useful use..
.....he wrote tiniest ever.....so yeah I do own a .32. I cannot imagine reloading .25

Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
I was not talking about useful use..
.....he wrote tiniest ever.....so yeah I do own a .32. I cannot imagine reloading .25

I can see that you must be quite secure in your masculinity shooting these teency, tiny calibers :bigsmile:
On a more serious note, I can actually see a pretty good case for reloading 380 ACP and 32 ACP as the cost of factory ammo is bound to be a lot higher than 9mm where the economic case for reloading is questionable. Also the availability of various factory loadings is bound to be fairly limited, particularly in 32 ACP.

There's actually a couple threads on other forums about reloading 32 ACP:
https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/anyone-reload-32-acp.762968/
https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432513

Looks like reloading 32 ACP at least is not all that uncommon.

I've been reloading 22 Hornet for IHMSA use with Thompson/Center Contender. That's pretty small for a bottleneck case though reload only on the single stage to avoid crushing case mouths due to thin brass on the case mouth walls.

Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 131  Next