Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:37 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 131  Next
 What has mildly entertained/annoyed you today? 

sportsdad60 wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
So..... this has been going on for a while now....
Sis and BiL hopped in the rv last weekend to head from AZ to GA for their boys wedding.... Wedding is scheduled to be on 9/11 :flag: Both their son and his fiancé are army rangers - both majors (she actually out ranks him) :patriot: ..... Sis has not heard from either of them for almost 2 weeks!?!?!?! Last text message was 'the wheels are coming off the wedding bus'. Thats all that is known as of now.... Speculation is that they were both called in for immediate deployment -- where is a guess right now. Odd they couldn't even get a message out, but both of them do have pretty high level clearances - I don't know how that all works for snap deployments.

Very odd situation developing --- wedding guests showing up for a wedding and no bride or groom....
Sis always has so much drama in her life....

Keep us updated. I know there is high tension with no story from close friends in the military. Could be Afghanistan, could be Election counts, no one is saying a word but there is some tension going on right now.

Stay locked, loaded and have plenty of food reserves.

So --- update last weekend --- they did not deploy --- working 24/7 for going on 3 weeks --- asked sis what they have to say - nothing - damn those dedicated soldiers :patriot: I knew they wouldn't say anything....
As far as anyone knows - wedding still on, but we'll see what will happen....

Just for fun ---- had to give sis shit about 95 degree weather with 85% humidity (Atlanta area) - dewpoint of 75..... that has to suck!!!! NOT the desert.....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:44 pm

So.... chatting with a friend that was giving me shit about not getting vax'd...... kind of annoyed me.
Thinking about it later in the evening, this friend is one of those vegan/organic/farm raised/free range type people that is vehemently opposed to ANYTHING gmo - I hear about that all the time too. Got to thinking about it a bit ----- she has hypocritically just turned HERSELF into a gmo by GETTING the gene therapy that is the vax!!!!

"""Oh, that gmo corn and wheat is going to kill you because you don't know what those modified genes are going to do to your body!!!!!!!!! But I'll gladly get this experimental gene therapy vaccine injected into my body and you should too...."""

Yeah..... mmmkay.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
So.... chatting with a friend that was giving me shit about not getting vax'd...... kind of annoyed me.
Thinking about it later in the evening, this friend is one of those vegan/organic/farm raised/free range type people that is vehemently opposed to ANYTHING gmo - I hear about that all the time too. Got to thinking about it a bit ----- she has hypocritically just turned HERSELF into a gmo by GETTING the gene therapy that is the vax!!!!

"""Oh, that gmo corn and wheat is going to kill you because you don't know what those modified genes are going to do to your body!!!!!!!!! But I'll gladly get this experimental gene therapy vaccine injected into my body and you should too...."""

Yeah..... mmmkay.

Yep. The hypocrisy AND control from the left on this is pretty rich.

My body, my choice! Hate abortion? YOU Get a vasectomy.

Hate jabbing with needles and GMO factory juices? Get the fucking shot YOU criminal fascist!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:22 am

Why is it that every time you forget to turn the air compressor off it decides to recharge at 3:30 in the morning???

Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Why is it that every time you forget to turn the air compressor off it decides to recharge at 3:30 in the morning???

I just redid my whole air system with a commercial 175psi monster compressor.

I put it on its own 30 amp circuit with a hot water heater TIMER. 10am-10pm right now.

Ill never have to listen to it again while sleeping! :wink05:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of our cats powered the vacuum on at around 2AM.

A giant sucking sound.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:17 pm

Goood God ----- for some reason I answered the land line when it came up 'private caller' thinking I would stop them calling ---- it turned out to be a survey call and I was bored so I went along with it - 2 beers in...... Started out kinda normal, but took a really weird turn --------- DAMN ---- they were talking about putting an initiative on the ballot to LEGALIZE PROSTITUTION !!!!! So many questions about morals/policing/trafficking/sex abuse...... It was a really long survey -- ~35 minutes ---- I can't believe that the left in WA are actually CONSIDERING legalizing prostitution.... UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE!!!!!

I kept having more questions for the survey girl --- obviously the questions were crafted in a certain way --- I kept asking what if I don't believe either scenario --- and interjecting obvious ramifications..... The survey girl said 'Sir, I have to keep to the script --- I cannot deviate from the script....' okay - I get it.

From the gist of the questions, it sounds like they want to legalize prostitution and decriminalize sex acts in a leftist wet dream..... under the guise of 'protecting women in the sex trade' and 'women in general' using the generalizations of 'well, its going to happen anyways - why waste police time enforcing it'.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Goood God ----- for some reason I answered the land line when it came up 'private caller' thinking I would stop them calling ---- it turned out to be a survey call and I was bored so I went along with it - 2 beers in...... Started out kinda normal, but took a really weird turn --------- DAMN ---- they were talking about putting an initiative on the ballot to LEGALIZE PROSTITUTION !!!!! So many questions about morals/policing/trafficking/sex abuse...... It was a really long survey -- ~35 minutes ---- I can't believe that the left in WA are actually CONSIDERING legalizing prostitution.... UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE!!!!!

I kept having more questions for the survey girl --- obviously the questions were crafted in a certain way --- I kept asking what if I don't believe either scenario --- and interjecting obvious ramifications..... The survey girl said 'Sir, I have to keep to the script --- I cannot deviate from the script....' okay - I get it.

From the gist of the questions, it sounds like they want to legalize prostitution and decriminalize sex acts in a leftist wet dream..... under the guise of 'protecting women in the sex trade' and 'women in general' using the generalizations of 'well, its going to happen anyways - why waste police time enforcing it'.

What price did she give you?

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:

What price did she give you?

:popcorn:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually got a genuine spam / phishing e-mail yesterday.
First one in decades.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Here are the states and territories ranked by gun sales through August:

Illinois: 7,134,045 Kentucky: 2,359,658 Indiana: 1,363,127 Texas: 1,342,221 Florida: 1,180,925 California: 1,007,251 Pennsylvania: 966,950 Utah: 829,624 Michigan: 677,525 Tennessee: 659,169 Alabama: 647,523 Minnesota: 644,447 Ohio: 588,140 Georgia: 574,331 North Carolina: 550,432 Wisconsin: 519,645 Washington: 491,867 Virginia: 443,429 Colorado: 432,423 Missouri: 430,098 Arizona: 398,289 South Carolina: 335,589 New York: 313,077 Oregon: 309,043 Oklahoma: 277,119 Louisiana: 267,015 Mississippi: 211,870 Connecticut: 198,404 Arkansas: 193,661 Iowa: 192,252 Maryland: 189,066 Idaho: 187,020 Massachusetts: 184,223 New Jersey: 167,241 Kansas: 153,687 West Virginia: 148,903 New Mexico: 134,043 Nevada: 133,544 Montana: 106,711 New Hampshire: 105,513 Maine: 83,198 South Dakota: 71,157 Nebraska: 62,329 Alaska: 62,133 Wyoming: 56,778 North Dakota: 53,930 Delaware: 47,883 Puerto Rico: 47,349 Vermont: 34,990 Rhode Island: 27,587 Hawaii: 11,433 District of Columbia: 7,954 Guam: 2,957 Virgin Islands: 1,462 Mariana Islands: 198"

Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
"Here are the states and territories ranked by gun sales through August:

Illinois: 7,134,045 Kentucky: 2,359,658 Indiana: 1,363,127 Texas: 1,342,221 Florida: 1,180,925 California: 1,007,251 Pennsylvania: 966,950 Utah: 829,624 Michigan: 677,525 Tennessee: 659,169 Alabama: 647,523 Minnesota: 644,447 Ohio: 588,140 Georgia: 574,331 North Carolina: 550,432 Wisconsin: 519,645 Washington: 491,867 Virginia: 443,429 Colorado: 432,423 Missouri: 430,098 Arizona: 398,289 South Carolina: 335,589 New York: 313,077 Oregon: 309,043 Oklahoma: 277,119 Louisiana: 267,015 Mississippi: 211,870 Connecticut: 198,404 Arkansas: 193,661 Iowa: 192,252 Maryland: 189,066 Idaho: 187,020 Massachusetts: 184,223 New Jersey: 167,241 Kansas: 153,687 West Virginia: 148,903 New Mexico: 134,043 Nevada: 133,544 Montana: 106,711 New Hampshire: 105,513 Maine: 83,198 South Dakota: 71,157 Nebraska: 62,329 Alaska: 62,133 Wyoming: 56,778 North Dakota: 53,930 Delaware: 47,883 Puerto Rico: 47,349 Vermont: 34,990 Rhode Island: 27,587 Hawaii: 11,433 District of Columbia: 7,954 Guam: 2,957 Virgin Islands: 1,462 Mariana Islands: 198"

When they say DC has a "gun problem", now I see it. Those people need to get busy.

NY per capita, yeah slackers.

Illinois? Wow, solid lead!

Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure what election is upcoming (no ballots for us). BUT:

In the mail TWO (2) ballots for my youngest daughter, WHO BTW, lives in OREGON.

One for her to OUR old address (forwarded - been near five years since she lived there full time) and one for her to our NEW place with OUR correct address and she has NEVER lived here.

Q: Would a Democrat vote both ballots?

Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, remember a year or so ago when Trump and Post Master General DaJoy were accused of conspiring to impede the election but fiddling with mail? Removing sorting machines, etc.

Yeah, this week the new sorting machines went live for me so now instead of having to manually sort mail to match the route it now comes resorted saving me much grief.

Looking back DaJoy said he was upgrading obsolete machines. That's what happened. Improved the flow of mail and made carriers more efficient for a more timely delivery of mail.

Any news stories about that?

Seriously, it's kind if a big deal.

On a side note it's bad because now that my hours will be reduced it won't be long before my contract gets "renegotiated" midterm and I get paid less. Dang it. So I can legit blame Trump !

Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't like Walmart, but went in the other day to check out some low sodium canned chicken, and in true Walmart style, online said they had plenty in store, and in store there were none to be found...

but, I did notice they had a ton of no/low sodium beef, chicken, and vegetable stocks/bullions for ~$2... I wasn't ready to buy all that crap so I left and went back yesterday.

After loading up a cart with 2 each of about a dozen different varieties of low sodium/no sodium products to see which i like best, I decide to head to checkout.

I'm loading my stuff onto the conveyor belt and Karen in front of me tries to be a cunt and loudly exclaims 'I guess you're not requiring masks anymore? Because some people aren't wearing them' in probably one of the most condescending, obvious passive aggressive bullshit tones clearly aimed at me that I've ever heard, as she's clearly looking at me then back at the cashier as if to say 'yeah, i'm talking about you'.

I just look at her and say in a very polite voice, 'Yes, ma'am, some people have medical exemptions'.... and to which she replies...again, in the most condescending tone you can think of ' Well, I work for a medical company, and I really don't think it's likely that you have a medical condition'... yes, a random stranger, 6'2" 450lbs couldn't POSSIBLY have any medical/mental conditions because she declared it to be so!

'Well, it's a good thing I don't really give a fuck what you think' was my reply... in a not so pleasant, overtly hostile, condescending tone to match hers.

*crickets* followed by an almost under the breath 'good for you'...

Me again.. 'Yeah, it's not so fun now when someone responds to your passive aggressive bullshit with actual aggression, now is it?'

*crickets*

Now i get to wait in line behind this lady who is so fucking nervous she can't even slide her card through the reader, and she is begging the cashier to enter it manually, and after about a dozen tries of inserting/swiping/etc she finally gets it to work..

Cashier seems a little cautious when she starts ringing up my stuff, due to the tense verbal exchange she just witnessed, but 2 seconds of my 'yes ma'am's', 'Thank you's', and verbal pleasantries about how her day is going, and she's quick to realize I'm not angry and all is well at the walmart checkout line.... :bigsmile:

TLDR; passive aggressive Karen meets aggressive toned TechnoWeenie and doesn't like it when she's called on her bullshit.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 131  Next